Zachary "Zach" Tyler Eisen is an American production assistant and former actor and voice actor, who voiced Aang in sixty episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and three video games, and provided voices for additional characters in three episodes of the series.
Avatar: The Last Airbender credits
- Character information: Aang
Unnamed Fire Nation boy
- Character information: Unnamed Fire Nation boy
- 216. "Appa's Lost Days"
- 317. "The Ember Island Players"
Selected other credits
- Doraemon: Nobita and the Green Giant Legend (2008; English version)
- The Ant Bully (2006)
- Marci X (2003)
- Entropy (1999)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (video game)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Into the Inferno (video game)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Burning Earth (video game)
- D Minus (sound assistant)
- Doraemon: Nobita and the Green Giant Legend (video game)
- Relative Strangers (art coordinator)
- The Ant Bully (video game)
Eisen was born in Stamford, Connecticut, in 1993 and attended Westhill High School. He was active as an actor and voice actor until 2008, and subsequently attended Syracuse University from 2011 to 2015, majoring in Television-Radio-Film at the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. During his time at Syracuse, he worked as a video editor for Fe Fe Entertainment, a desk writer for WAER Sports Radio, and as co-executive producer on the TV series Loud and Clear. After graduating, he worked as a production assistant for a number of companies, including NBCUniversal Inc., Funny or Die, and Boy Wonder Productions, before joining mass media company Condé Nast in September 2016 as a videographer.
Eisen keeps his social media private and for many years kept himself hidden from the public eye, until June 2020 when he participated in an interview on the Ted Jones World podcast. Eisen, who related he was in the process of rewatching the series at the time, discussed his former career at length as well as his feelings on the resurgence of Avatar following its release on Netflix. In December of the same year he participated in Dante Basco's Twitch-stream rewatch of "Sozin's Comet", which was his first public appearance with members of the cast since the end of the original series.
- Most of Eisen's recordings for Avatar were in Connecticut via satellite.
- No actor has a credit in all sixty-one episodes of Avatar. Eisen and Dee Bradley Baker tie for the most at sixty, with Eisen missing only "Zuko Alone".
- In the podcast Avatar: Braving the Elements, Zach mentioned that his favorite episodes from Avatar: The Last Airbender are "The King of Omashu", "Zuko Alone", and "The Tales of Ba Sing Se".
- He also mentioned that he liked the episodes featuring Guru Pathik.
- He once coincidentally got a tennis ball from fellow Avatar voice actor Serena Williams from a match, without knowing she was a fan of the series. Years later, he was scheduled to film a video of Williams as part of a Condé Nast promotional shoot, but Williams canceled the video portion before they could meet.
- Eisen left acting as a job after graduating due to his desire to "be a normal kid".
- Zach has admitted to being a "Kataang" shipper, and also appreciates "Maiko".
- The Forty-Second One: Avatar: The Last Airbender Netflix Star, Zach Tyler Eisen. tedjonesworld (June 29, 2020). Retrieved on July 1, 2020.
- HonorSociety Twitch (December 20, 2020). Retrieved on December 24, 2020.
- Kimberley Houston (2010-12-20). KIM TALKS WITH ZACHARY TYLER EISEN, THE VOICE OF AANG IN AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER. Gotham News. Retrieved on October 27, 2018.
- Basco, Dante (host), Varney, Janet (host), Eisen, Zach Tyler (guest host). (September 14, 2021). "Meet the Cast with Zach Tyler Eisen". Avatar: Braving the Elements. Episode 15. iHeartRadio.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|