|"These people, these benders. They took away your mother, the love of my life."|
|— Hiroshi Sato explaining Yasuko's tragic death to Asami.|
Yasuko met and married Hiroshi Sato, and in 152 AG she gave birth to their daughter, Asami. Six years later, the Agni Kai Triad raided the Sato estate, and Yasuko lost her life during the break in at the hands of one of the members.
Yasuko's death became the primary factor in manifesting Hiroshi's deep hatred toward all benders, eventually causing him to join the Equalists to avenge her death. Asami countered by pointing out that Yasuko would be horrified to see what her husband had become despite his assurance that he was avenging his wife and was convinced that his love for Yasuko had been corrupted by hatred to the extent that he no longer felt it.
The Legend of Korra
Book One: Air (气)
- 110. "Turning the Tides" (photograph only)
- Yasuko shares a similar past to Kya, the mother of Katara and Sokka.
- Both women were killed by firebenders that entered their homes, albeit for different reasons, when their children were very young.
- The death of each woman caused their respective spouse to take action, with Hiroshi joining Amon and Hakoda leading the Southern Water Tribe to fight in the Hundred Year War.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Dos Santos, Joaquim, Ryu, Ki Hyun (directors). (May 19, 2012). "The Aftermath". The Legend of Korra. Book One: Air. Episode 7. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Official Family Trees. Nickelodeon. Retrieved on January 23, 2015.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Dos Santos, Joaquim, Ryu, Ki Hyun (directors). (April 28, 2012). "The Voice in the Night". The Legend of Korra. Book One: Air. Episode 4. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Dos Santos, Joaquim, Ryu, Ki Hyun (directors). (June 23, 2012). "Endgame". The Legend of Korra. Book One: Air. Episode 12. Nickelodeon.