Hot off the heels of Smoke and Shadow comes North and South, the next trilogy arc for Avatar: The Last Airbender!
When Aang leaves to aid Zuko with the Kemurikage, Katara and Sokka return to the Southern Water Tribe by themselves. Katara is shocked to find that her beloved village has become a bustling city, with none other than their father, Hakoda, in charge! A Northerner named Malina seems to be behind this change, pushing the North and South to be more unified... but what are her true goals?
From that alone it seems clear that the arc will put together what exactly happened that made the Southern Water Tribe so developed and urbanized. It's also very interesting that one of the characters of interest is named "Malina"- it can't be just coinc…
Looking for what's new in the Avatar scene? Here's an upcoming merchandise and publication masterlist!
Let's face it: as fun as it is revisiting both series and all of the comic trilogies, new content is refreshing and exciting! Unfortunately, these days new developments are few and far between.
Regardless, lots of new merchandise and publications are in the works! Below is a compiled list of upcoming releases with descriptions, order information, and projected release dates for easy accessibility and reference. Set reminders and add these dates to your calendars!
- 1 The Legend of Korra - The Complete Series (digital and physical collections)
- 2 Avatar: The Last Airbender—The Poster Collection
- 3 The Legend of Korra—The Art of the Animated Series, Book Four: Balance
- 4 Avatar: The Last Airb…
With the lack of neither promotion nor visible advertising for The Legend of Korra on Nickelodeon, I will use this blog post to compile any and all relevant pieces of information regarding Book Three: Change, as well as any pertinent Avatar related news in general. If you find anything else worth noting, please feel free to use the comments section and I will incorporate it into the post.
- 1 News
- 2 Episodes and tentative schedule
- 3 SDCC
- 3.1 July 25, 2014
- 3.2 July 26, 2014
- 3.3 Other
- 4 External links
- 4.1 Sources
- August 1, 2014:
- A preview clip for "Long Live the Queen" featuring Korra and Asami was posted by Nickelodeon on their site. Watch it here.
- "The Stakeout" was released for online viewing. Watch it here. Amazon has also uploaded the episode for purchase. Buy …
Leave it to Nickelodeon to spend millions marketing a sponge and absolutely nothing for The Legend of Korra, because it seems as if the third book will debut much sooner than the predicted September release on Friday, June 27. Friday will have the first two episodes, "A Breath of Fresh Air" and "Rebirth of a Nation" air back-to-back, followed immediately by a bonus presentation of the third episode, "The Earth Queen". After that unforeseen onslaught, there will be a short break for the Fourth of July weekend, and The Legend of Korra will resume at its new regular timeslot, Fridays at 8 PM ET/PT.
A short clip of the first episode can be seen here. If you can't view it for some reason, it essentially shows Korra, Tenzin, and Jinora (accompanied by…
Nickelodeon has finally released a trailer for the upcoming book of The Legend of Korra, and it hardly disappoints. It offers an exciting look into Book Three: Change, and when the creators said that this season will focus on the Earth Kingdom, they weren't at all kidding.
Some interesting details to note include:
- Airbending. Just airbending all over the place.
- More flying bison! It seems like there is no worry of a second extinction anytime soon.
- A woman with the same tattoo as Combustion Man, indicating the possible return of combustion as a special technique.
- A man who looks similar to the scary prisoner, only he doesn't look half as interested about anyone's love life.
- A disabled waterbender with no arms just wrecking everything in her path. I …