- This article is about the upcoming graphic novel. For the school with a similar name, see Beifong Metalbending Academy.
Toph Beifong's Metalbending Academy is a standalone graphic novel set in the Avatar universe after the events of The Rift Part Three. The graphic novel will be written by Faith Erin Hicks in collaboration with series writer Tim Hedrick and illustrated by Peter Wartman and Adele Matera. It is scheduled to be released on February 16, 2021.
For some, perfection just isn't enough.
Things are looking bright at the Beifong Metalbending Academy! But after all the adventures Toph's had with Aang, Sokka, Zuko, and Katara, the whole thing feels a bit dull. Luckily, Sokka and Suki come to visit and reintroduce some familiar faces from their wandering days. And while out and about to celebrate, Toph discovers something that just might put the sparkle back in her eye...
- Toph Beifong's Metalbending Academy is the second standalone graphic novel in what Rachel Roberts, editor of Dark Horse Comics, has called a theme trilogy of "the awesome ladies of Avatar", the others being Katara and the Pirate's Silver and Suki, Alone.
- Faith Erin Hicks on Twitter. Retrieved on July 27, 2020.
- 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' Continues With Graphic Novel. The Hollywood Reporter (July 27, 2020). Retrieved on July 28, 2020.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender–Toph Beifong's Metalbending Academy. Penguin Random House (July 27, 2020). Retrieved on July 24, 2020.
- Highlight: Dark Horse Comics: New Comic Book Day Rundown Oct. 14, 2020. DarkHorseComics - Twitch (October 14, 2020). Retrieved on December 13, 2020.