FANDOM


  • I hope that this reboot is good and I hope that it will be different enough to stand out from it's already incredible predecessors. I mean, they have to change it a bit, or there's really no point in being interested, right? Here's my take on what I'd like to see:

    1. More of Iroh's backstory.

    Pretty self explainitory. I just want to see an ep of his younger days and have an appearance by Lu-ten therein.

    2. A bigger role for Suki: One of my favorite characters and I think an undervalued extra member of the group.

    3. A secondary spirit antagonist: I know Ozai and Sozin's comet will still be the main conflict no matter what{at least, as far as we know}, but what if they upped the ante a bit by saying that Ozai's victory will pave the way for darker, more otherworldy things. I'm talking Koh or some other other malevolent spirit working behind the scenes to make things harder, attacking the Gaang outright and whatever else is needed to make their own plans for the world a reality.

    4. Korra foreshadowing: Let's say that Vaatu is the reason for the actions of the spirits I mentioned above and maybe, just maybe, Aang is shown a bit of what his successor will have to go through and things will be smoother if he wins the war now and not let her worry about it later. This one's probably asking a lot, but who knows?

    5. A cameo by Dante Bosco: because why not?

    What do you want? 

      Loading editor
    • I love this list! All of those are great ideas. Depending on when this takes place, I would also want more of a story about Toph, who she has Lin with, who she has Sue with. Maybe also have the same thing with Zuko.

        Loading editor
    • I want to add: Aang's parents, and a bit more of his life before he froze.

        Loading editor
    • AirMasterParker wrote: I want to add: Aang's parents, and a bit more of his life before he froze.

      I agree.

        Loading editor
    • more of lroh's past would be good. also I would like to see his son Lu Ten and I wonder how he died.

        Loading editor
    • Teddybearlover wrote: more of Iroh's past would be good. also I would like to see his son Lu Ten and I wonder how he died.

      I agree. There Are so many great ideas for this floating around, I just hope the creators listen.

        Loading editor
    • Honestly, I would love to see something more about the air nomads, as we know nearly nothing about them compared to the other nations. Perhaps we could even see all four temples falling to the might of the fire nation, and some skilled bending from Gyatso.

        Loading editor
    • A spiritual curtain to the Hundred Year War. I can get behind that.

        Loading editor
    • XXTaiWolfXx wrote: A spiritual curtain to the Hundred Year War. I can get behind that.

      what?

        Loading editor
    • *sigh*

      An introduction to the Hundred Year War. Either that, or precedings taking place shortly before the Hundred Year War, preferably involving the Air Nomads.

        Loading editor
    • I'd be up for more with them. We honestly know little about the Air Nomad culture despite their critical role in the franchise's mythos.

        Loading editor
    • I know right?! They're so unique, and their teachings seem invaluable and wise beyond imagining.

        Loading editor
    • I disagree with what they apparently said about hope and instinct, but sure:} To be back on topic, I also kind of want  reboot Hama to have an expanded role and to be Katara's personal nemesis. They could even de-age her a bit. 

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Beta wrote: I disagree with what they apparently said about hope and instinct, but sure:} To be back on topic, I also kind of want  reboot Hama to have an expanded role and to be Katara's personal nemesis. They could even de-age her a bit. 

      I like this idea. I think we could even have Katara Hama haunt her, kind of like Zahir to Korra, then have a Southern Raiders like episode where she finally breaks, bloodbending her mother’s killer. Then have Katara struggle with her guilt until she comes to terms with it.

        Loading editor
    • Kataang

        Loading editor
    • A part of me would also like to see the Red Lotus appear as well.

        Loading editor
    • Snackbender wrote: Kataang

      Yaassss!!

        Loading editor
    • What I hope the most is that they take their time. By that I mean that while this show only had 3 seasons and the episodes had a run-time of under half an hour, it was so visually intensive, epic in scope, and adventurous in terms of long distances traveled that they would probably be better off making the jump to live action by splitting the Books into at least 2 seasons, especially if they will just have 8–10 episodes per season ala Game of Thrones and other shows from Netflix with a massive and expensive scope like Marco Polo. If the episodes themselves end up being around 45 minutes long then all the better because it will give them time to breath, improve upon the world building and characterization, make the distance traveled seem less irrelevant so they don’t run into trouble like the 7th season of Game of Thrones did when they had to rush their armies all over the continent and ensure there is more screen time for training with the elements.

      Personally, I think the first live action season actually has a perfect spot for a season finale before reaching the adaptation of the 10th animated episode: The episode where Aang goes to the Fire Nation to learn what’s at stake if he doesn’t master the elements before Sozin’s comet and sets the stage for the rest of the series. Then the second season could take its time, probably skip the critically panned and lore useless episode The Great Divide to better focus on the better stories and save some of the budget for the grand finale of Book 1 with the Siege of the Northern Water tribe.

      Book 2 has so many important events and new characters that I could actually see them divide it into three seasons for release and narrative purposes but if they go down that route they might try to film more back to back so that the actors physically age less. In that case, my personal preference would be to divide it into the following story arcs:

      Season 3 would adapt the Book 2 episodes 1–8, ending with the The Chase episode against Azula where Zuku and Iroh team up with Team Avatar for the first time. Add in the cliff hanger of the lightning attack that nearly killed Iroh, especially for those that never watched the animated show and its a good place for the end of the arc.

      Season 4 would adapt the Book 2 episodes 9–13. Might seem like few episodes for a 8–10 episode adaptation but there is a LOT going on those episodes that the live action show could do in a grand scale and would likely need more budget for less screen time. From the Earthbending training at the beginning, to the investigations in the Spirit Library to learn of the eclipse, to getting stranded in the desert after Appa is kidnapped (that alone should realistically take them a few episodes to solve as they wouldn’t be flying for once) to getting through the treacherous Serpent’s path and while trying to escape the massive apex predator and finally an epic action sequence to prevent the gargantuan drill from breaching the walls of the last stronghold of the Earth Kingdom for the season finale.

      Season 5 would then finish the remaining Book 2 episodes, ending with the Crossroads of Destiny season finale as the stakes had never been higher with Ba Sing Se falling, Aang being nearly killed in the Avatar State, Zuko betraying them after the viewers were rooting for him a lot more these last few seasons and more.

      As for Book 3, I am kind of torn there as my preference to divide it into 3 seasons as well would start getting in the way of reality, mainly the aging of the younger actors but if they can film it all the way and release them one arc at a time while they improve post production for the subsequent ones, I would end season 6 with Book 3 episode 8, the fan favorite Puppet Master episode.

      Afterwards, we can jump almost immediately into the invasion of the Fire Nation with the allies they gather through the series for a very strong opening act for Season 7. Then we go through the long awaited moment of Zuku joining Team Avatar, meeting the dragons and end it with the Boiling Rock prison break two parter for a satisfying season finale.

      And now, at long last we can go to the final arc for Season 8. After a strong premier where Azula forces them to flee the Western Air Temple it goes on with Katara and Zuko teaming up to hunt down the one that killed Katara's mom and end up finding closure. I am indifferent as to whether not The Ember Island play episode should be adapted but it would make for some good calm-before-the-storm comedy if they do it well. And then, the final showdown we have all been waiting for finally arrives when the original producers adapt the magnificent 4-part series finale.

      So, yeah, I think netflix and the producers would do well to divide the books into multiple seasons so that we get all the highlights and more and reduce inconsistencies that would inevitably arise when making the jump to live action. In reality, I doubt they would actually do 8 seasons for it even if I find it most ideal but I seriously doubt Netflix intends to just burn through the storylines in three years. If they play their cards right, this has the potential of being their greatest show yet and they would know it. But I guess we will see. Thanks for reading.

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Beta wrote:

      3. A secondary spirit antagonist: I know Ozai and Sozin's comet will still be the main conflict no matter what{at least, as far as we know}, but what if they upped the ante a bit by saying that Ozai's victory will pave the way for darker, more otherworldy things. I'm talking Koh or some other other malevolent spirit working behind the scenes to make things harder, attacking the Gaang outright and whatever else is needed to make their own plans for the world a reality.

      4. Korra foreshadowing: Let's say that Vaatu is the reason for the actions of the spirits I mentioned above and maybe, just maybe, Aang is shown a bit of what his successor will have to go through and things will be smoother if he wins the war now and not let her worry about it later. This one's probably asking a lot, but who knows?


      4. About the secondary spirit antagonist: There is precedence in the franchise to have that make sense. After all, the world and by extension the Spirit World went out of balance when Sozin exterminated the Air Nomads and Ozai was going to orchestrate his own genocidal plan for the Earth Kingdom if Aang hadn’t stopped him. Take that, add in the fact that Admiral Zhao probably enraged a large chunk of the Spirit World’s population when he almost destroyed the ancient Moon Spirit for good, and I can see the more ambitious spirits taking a more active role in retaliation.

      About 5. Korra foreshadowing: Do you mean you want Aang to be shown a bit of what his successor will have to go through in the Tree of Time? And that which case, maybe he could be made to believe that things will be smoother if he makes a pre-emptive strike now and not let her worry about it later; only to realize later on that he will still have to leave it in the hands of a future generation because Harmonic Convergency is still 70 years away, and so Aang gets back to the present problems he needs to solve instead of being tricked into straying from his path? Just asking for claritication as I wasn't sure if by war you mean the contlict with the Fire Nation or with the darker spirits but it seems like a great idea.


      Oh and personally, I would like to see a more Avatar Kyoshi centric episode full of interesting flashbacks during the Avatar Day re-imagined version, just as we got an Avatar Rooku centric episode in Book 3 of the animated series. Moreover, by the time they get around to filming that episode, the upcoming Kyoshi duology of books should be already published so they would have more canon lore to work with by the time they get to that episode than at the time they produced Book 2 episode 5 over 10 years ago.

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Vasher wrote: What I hope the most is that they take their time. By that I mean that while this show only had 3 seasons and the episodes had a run-time of under half an hour, it was so visually intensive, epic in scope, and adventurous in terms of long distances traveled that they would probably be better off making the jump to live action by splitting the Books into at least 2 seasons, especially if they will just have 8–10 episodes per season ala Game of Thrones and other shows from Netflix with a massive and expensive scope like Marco Polo. If the episodes themselves end up being around 45 minutes long then all the better because it will give them time to breath, improve upon the world building and characterization, make the distance traveled seem less irrelevant so they don’t run into trouble like the 7th season of Game of Thrones did when they had to rush their armies all over the continent and ensure there is more screen time for training with the elements.

      Personally, I think the first live action season actually has a perfect spot for a season finale before reaching the adaptation of the 10th animated episode: The episode where Aang goes to the Fire Nation to learn what’s at stake if he doesn’t master the elements before Sozin’s comet and sets the stage for the rest of the series. Then the second season could take its time, probably skip the critically panned and lore useless episode The Great Divide to better focus on the better stories and save some of the budget for the grand finale of Book 1 with the Siege of the Northern Water tribe.

      Book 2 has so many important events and new characters that I could actually see them divide it into three seasons for release and narrative purposes but if they go down that route they might try to film more back to back so that the actors physically age less. In that case, my personal preference would be to divide it into the following story arcs:

      Season 3 would adapt the Book 2 episodes 1–8, ending with the The Chase episode against Azula where Zuku and Iroh team up with Team Avatar for the first time. Add in the cliff hanger of the lightning attack that nearly killed Iroh, especially for those that never watched the animated show and its a good place for the end of the arc.

      Season 4 would adapt the Book 2 episodes 9–13. Might seem like few episodes for a 8–10 episode adaptation but there is a LOT going on those episodes that the live action show could do in a grand scale and would likely need more budget for less screen time. From the Earthbending training at the beginning, to the investigations in the Spirit Library to learn of the eclipse, to getting stranded in the desert after Appa is kidnapped (that alone should realistically take them a few episodes to solve as they wouldn’t be flying for once) to getting through the treacherous Serpent’s path and while trying to escape the massive apex predator and finally an epic action sequence to prevent the gargantuan drill from breaching the walls of the last stronghold of the Earth Kingdom for the season finale.

      Season 5 would then finish the remaining Book 2 episodes, ending with the Crossroads of Destiny season finale as the stakes had never been higher with Ba Sing Se falling, Aang being nearly killed in the Avatar State, Zuko betraying them after the viewers were rooting for him a lot more these last few seasons and more.

      As for Book 3, I am kind of torn there as my preference to divide it into 3 seasons as well would start getting in the way of reality, mainly the aging of the younger actors but if they can film it all the way and release them one arc at a time while they improve post production for the subsequent ones, I would end season 6 with Book 3 episode 8, the fan favorite Puppet Master episode.

      Afterwards, we can jump almost immediately into the invasion of the Fire Nation with the allies they gather through the series for a very strong opening act for Season 7. Then we go through the long awaited moment of Zuku joining Team Avatar, meeting the dragons and end it with the Boiling Rock prison break two parter for a satisfying season finale.

      And now, at long last we can go to the final arc for Season 8. After a strong premier where Azula forces them to flee the Western Air Temple it goes on with Katara and Zuko teaming up to hunt down the one that killed Katara's mom and end up finding closure. I am indifferent as to whether not The Ember Island play episode should be adapted but it would make for some good calm-before-the-storm comedy if they do it well. And then, the final showdown we have all been waiting for finally arrives when the original producers adapt the magnificent 4-part series finale.

      So, yeah, I think netflix and the producers would do well to divide the books into multiple seasons so that we get all the highlights and more and reduce inconsistencies that would inevitably arise when making the jump to live action. In reality, I doubt they would actually do 8 seasons for it even if I find it most ideal but I seriously doubt Netflix intends to just burn through the storylines in three years. If they play their cards right, this has the potential of being their greatest show yet and they would know it. But I guess we will see. Thanks for reading.

      This is a really great response, and I love your ideas, I am so glad people are willing to dedicate this much time to their fandom!

        Loading editor
    • LeahSilverwater wrote:

      This is a really great response, and I love your ideas, I am so glad people are willing to dedicate this much time to their fandom!


      Glad you liked it! It was fun to write.

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Vasher wrote:

      LeahSilverwater wrote:

      This is a really great response, and I love your ideas, I am so glad people are willing to dedicate this much time to their fandom!


      Glad you liked it! It was fun to write.

      I also love writing, and ranting too.

        Loading editor
    • I've come to conclude that Dante Bosco should play Lu-ten in flashback. Who's with me?

        Loading editor
    • wasn't lu ten only mentioned in book two? unless we going to get iroh flashbacks on first book oh shit the hype

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Beta wrote: I've come to conclude that Dante Bosco should play Lu-ten in flashback. Who's with me?

      I like this idea!

        Loading editor
    • I didn't understand the decision to make this. Why attempt mediocre special effects show... when you probably had a good chance for another series or continuation on netflix. I love the original show but not to the point I have to see it live action. Especially after the first live action show. With Voltron ending there was a wide opening for another series to take its place.

        Loading editor
    • I don't want a live action netflix avatar series. I would much rather them make a new avatar animated series. So I don't really care for the netflix series.

        Loading editor
    • Riverdale Chauffeur wrote:
      I know right?! They're so unique, and their teachings seem invaluable and wise beyond imagining.

      I don't think their teaching is invaluable and wise. Aang was so confused when Socca proposed he will have to kill firelord. He knew firelord deserved death but was weak-minded enough not to be able to do so. He found Lion-turtle just in time otherwise what would he have achived even after reaching avtar state with godly power, incarceration of the firelord with his fire powers so he can release himself later on?

        Loading editor
    • What I wanted in the New Series would be these:

      1 Adapatations of the real-world's Asian titles like Khan, Tusi, Son of Heaven and many more

      2 Exploring the changes within Sozin during Roku's absence

      3 Raava, Vaatu and Avatar Wan being acknowledged by Aang

      4 Making the Earth Kingdom looked stronger by establishing its own navy

      5 Making the Water Tribes looked more Mongols

      6 Introduction of weapons such as rockets

      7 Iroh's backstory is explored

      8 Introduction of the entirely new characters that didn't appear in the Old Series

      9 Fire Nation's peoples who opposed the Fire Lord and the War

      10 Giving Katara the "Mulan's complex"

        Loading editor
    • Bryan himself has confirmed that Dante Dasco will indeed appear in the Netflix series somehow. NOT as Zuko though (and I understand why not to put a 40-year-old as a teenager, so I'm perfectly fine with this).

        Loading editor
    • These are some more that I forgot to put in earlier:

      11 Using the measure of li and other Chinese units of measurement instead of miles

      12 Avatar Kyoshi's descendants with Airbending abilities are discovered after the war ended

      13 Existence of the Anti-Fire Nation sentiment in the Water Tribes and the Earth Kingdom

      14 The Fire Nation paid reparations to the Earth Kingdom, Air Nomads and Water Tribes after the war ended

      15 Zuko delivered the war criminals that the Earth Kingdom and Water Tribes demanded

      16 Call the Spirits who were never born humans the Yokai instead

        Loading editor
    • Bersarker wrote:
      What I wanted in the New Series would be these:

      1 Adapatations of the real-world's Asian titles like Khan, Tusi, Son of Heaven and many more

      2 Exploring the changes within Sozin during Roku's absence

      3 Raava, Vaatu and Avatar Wan being acknowledged by Aang

      4 Making the Earth Kingdom looked stronger by establishing its own navy

      5 Making the Water Tribes looked more Mongols

      6 Introduction of weapons such as rockets

      7 Iroh's backstory is explored

      8 Introduction of the entirely new characters that didn't appear in the Old Series

      9 Fire Nation's peoples who opposed the Fire Lord and the War

      10 Giving Katara the "Mulan's complex"

      What's the "Mulan complex" again?

        Loading editor
    • Personally, instead of yet another retelling in an age of live-action remakes, I'd like to see this show tackle some divergence points in canon.

      Sort of like divergence AU fanfics, but fully official and fleshed out.

        Loading editor
    • Fanzone2 wrote:
      Personally, instead of yet another retelling in an age of live-action remakes, I'd like to see this show tackle some divergence points in canon.

      Sort of like divergence AU fanfics, but fully official and fleshed out.


      Yeah. I have always wondered what might be different if Zuko ended up joining Team Avatar in the Season 2 finale. That would be one diveregence point with a lot of fallout many could get behind, I suspect.

        Loading editor
    • That could be interesting, but without that struggle, would rebootzuko lack something?

        Loading editor
    • I defintely think Sozin and Azulon deserve a larger backstory.

        Loading editor
    • I think the journey of Aang from the Spirit World to the real world should definetely be portrayed in the show intead of an online game like the last time.

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Beta wrote:
      Bersarker wrote:
      What I wanted in the New Series would be these:

      1 Adapatations of the real-world's Asian titles like Khan, Tusi, Son of Heaven and many more

      2 Exploring the changes within Sozin during Roku's absence

      3 Raava, Vaatu and Avatar Wan being acknowledged by Aang

      4 Making the Earth Kingdom looked stronger by establishing its own navy

      5 Making the Water Tribes looked more Mongols

      6 Introduction of weapons such as rockets

      7 Iroh's backstory is explored

      8 Introduction of the entirely new characters that didn't appear in the Old Series

      9 Fire Nation's peoples who opposed the Fire Lord and the War

      10 Giving Katara the "Mulan's complex"

      What's the "Mulan complex" again?

      Katara dressed up as a man and do what Mulan did. One thing for sure about this is that she can do this when Paaku refused to teach her waterbending. So what she should do is that dressed up as a man next day and go for his class.

        Loading editor
    • Fanzone2 wrote:
      Personally, instead of yet another retelling in an age of live-action remakes, I'd like to see this show tackle some divergence points in canon.

      Sort of like divergence AU fanfics, but fully official and fleshed out.

      To expand on my divergence points:

      1) What if Zuko joined the group earlier (Blue Spirit or Crossroads of Destiny)?

      2) What if the adult warriors who stayed behind on the failed invasion of the Fire Nation were executed?

      3) What if Suki decided to join the group at the end of Warriors of Kyoshi?

      4) What if Katara had been taken by the Southern Raiders and imprisoned in the same prison where Hama and the other Southern waterbenders were kept?

      5) What if Hakoda had been killed during the raid and not Kya?

      6) What if the White Lotus made their move earlier?

      And of course, these are just several out of many ideas.

      Instead of just another re-telling, there should be divergence and exploration.

      Fully going down a path and experiencing the fallout.

        Loading editor
    • A this point I think that people are going to complain if they either don't stick around with the main storyline, or they tell the exact same thing

      I, again, wouldn't mind that they do the same things again, it would be like another rewatch, but it would be cool if they indeed added more tie ins to Korra and the comic's storylines.

        Loading editor
    • AirMasterParker wrote: A this point I think that people are going to complain if they either don't stick around with the main storyline, or they tell the exact same thing

      I, again, wouldn't mind that they do the same things again, it would be like another rewatch, but it would be cool if they indeed added more tie ins to Korra and the comic's storylines.

      Apparently there are those who do hope to see a new adaptation of the original series, just hope that the result comes out to know if it is or is not the good adaptation of the series, just wait!

        Loading editor
    • I want A:TLA Netflix Series to add The Graphic Novel Trilogies and Lost Adventures to that show so we can see what it's like unlike the A:TLA original version. The Kataang wedding episode of it and The Kids of Kataang arrives to thier world.

        Loading editor
    • SuperheroicAlliance317 wrote: I want A:TLA Netflix Series to add The Graphic Novel Trilogies and Lost Adventures to that show so we can see what it's like unlike the A:TLA original version. The Kataang wedding episode of it and The Kids of Kataang arrives to thier world.

      I think it's a very good idea to do it someday!

        Loading editor
    • I want The Boulder to be played by Dwayne Johnson.

      That's pretty much it for me really.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:
      I want The Boulder to be played by Dwayne Johnson.

      That's pretty much it for me really.

      Agreed.

      I don't know why some people are mad at that casting choice because it's "culturally innappropiate", since he was originally intended to be in that episode, and he's actually half polinesian.

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Beta wrote:
      A part of me would also like to see the Red Lotus appear as well.

      I don't know if that's possible. The Red Lotus is actually a breakaway group from the White Lotus, not some sort of eternal rival, and was only formed after the end of the Hundred Year War. They believed that the White Lotus should be a secret organization, and that it went against the Order's very nature to come out of hiding like they did. Maybe if the series is popular enough, it will continue on into "Book 4," and maybe then we'll get to see the formation of the Red Lotus.

        Loading editor
    • I say you have to know what happened next between the white lotus and the red lotus in the next comics has been released.

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Beta wrote:
      I hope that this reboot is good and I hope that it will be different enough to stand out from it's already incredible predecessors. I mean, they have to change it a bit, or there's really no point in being interested, right? Here's my take on what I'd like to see:

      1. More of Iroh's backstory.

      Pretty self explainitory. I just want to see an ep of his younger days and have an appearance by Lu-ten therein.

      2. A bigger role for Suki: One of my favorite characters and I think an undervalued extra member of the group.

      3. A secondary spirit antagonist: I know Ozai and Sozin's comet will still be the main conflict no matter what{at least, as far as we know}, but what if they upped the ante a bit by saying that Ozai's victory will pave the way for darker, more otherworldy things. I'm talking Koh or some other other malevolent spirit working behind the scenes to make things harder, attacking the Gaang outright and whatever else is needed to make their own plans for the world a reality.

      4. Korra foreshadowing: Let's say that Vaatu is the reason for the actions of the spirits I mentioned above and maybe, just maybe, Aang is shown a bit of what his successor will have to go through and things will be smoother if he wins the war now and not let her worry about it later. This one's probably asking a lot, but who knows?

      5. A cameo by Dante Bosco: because why not?

      What do you want? 

      Well, personally, I just want it to be exactly like the original masterpiece, with of course some extended background information that explains things more. I was also thinking of the possibilty of an Avatar World theme park being built after it's released with shopping districts, hotels, and basically everything. 

        Loading editor
    • Seriously?

        Loading editor
    • You do realize that if they made an "Avatar World"; it would have to include Legend of Korra.

      Honestly, as important Avatar: The Last Airbender an Legend Of Korra are; It wouldn't be big enough to have a full theme park. If we got a few more series; maybe Kyoshi or a new Avatar gets an animated series. I think a better option for now what be an "AvatarCon". A Convention focused on the Avatar animated series. Although, there could already be an Avatar focused Convention and I'm not aware.

        Loading editor
    • I think a better option for now what be an "AvatarCon". A Convention focused on the Avatar animated series. Although, there could already be an Avatar focused Convention and I'm not aware.

      Hundred percent agree.

      I think they hosted an Avatar fan-panel or something a year ago or so where they invited Jack DeSena, Aaron Ehasz and Giancarlo Volpe. I don't know too much other than they talked all things Avatar and promoted their show Dragon Prince.

        Loading editor
    • I hope more The Legend of Korra.

        Loading editor
    • keep dreaming

        Loading editor
    • Well, there are the comics.

        Loading editor
    • can't wait for imbalance to finish

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:
      I hope more The Legend of Korra.

      Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • At least they know the premiere date of the live-action series.

        Loading editor
    • Any concerns for the Live Action series?

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote:
      Any concerns for the Live Action series?

      From the decline of its creators over the years.

        Loading editor
    • I'm worried about how Bending will look. On a streaming show or television show budget; it might look cheap. The movie had pretty bad Bending.

        Loading editor
    • I'm not worried about the computer quality of bending. As long as it looks like what it's suppose to look like I can pass cheap special effects as long as the acting makes what they're doing convincing.

      For example the special effects in the movie wern't that bad. Just the bending manuvers were over-choreorised that it didn't look as if the benders had a propper connection to the elements they were bending. Such as Firebenders having to rely on a source of fire to firebend or it takes the Earthbenders cheerleading squad just to move a rock.

      In Shyamalan's defence I can see why he decided firebending requires a source given Earth, Air and Waterbenders cannot draw elements from themselves. (Now that I think about it, even I'm not sure how firebenders in the cartoon generate fire. I pressume they simply have the ability to super-heat air molecules and can control the direction of heat to prevent self harm.) But Shyamalan's firebenders could of at least have flintlocks on their wrist or something.

        Loading editor
    • Most likely; Firebenders would need the inner source due to Fire being the least abundant element. As the Fire Nation was the big threat; it would be less believable if they had to carry fire where ever they went. Not to mention even if they carried fire; it'd still be far less than the Earth that Earthbenders could pick up. Plus, Waterbenders would have the best advantage due to putting out any fires quickly.

        Loading editor
    • I can't really accept "inner source" as an answer because it sounds a bit too mystical as an answer. I know bending itself is a mystical art but it's specifically said to not be "magic". Thus Earth, Water and Airbenders cannot simply "produce" there element from the absent of it, mostly because it's all around them. For example even when Katara became a more qualified waterbender she still carries around water with her in case she was ever in a fight without a source of water. Hana taught her that water could be extracted by plants and Katara learned to use sweat and other liquids to fight with.

      That said for a waterbender their bending is more limited unlike the earth beneath them or the air around them.

      Firebenders seem to just be able to produce fire and there is no explanation for it. The only explanation I have is that firebenders are able to superheat air molecules to cause it to ignite. SImilar to the technique of combustion man.

        Loading editor
    • The "mystical art" you are thinking of is called "Chi". Yes, that is apart of how all Bending works. That is also why "Chi Blocking" is effective against Benders. Blocking the Chi temporarily prevents Benders from Bending. Chi is also how Waterbenders heal wounds. We see that Waterbenders can move Water along the Chi paths to help heal. It's during the Katara's Waterbending training in the Northern Water Tribe that we see all the girls practicing on dummies.

      Iroh also explains a little about Chi to Zuko during his Lightningbending training.

        Loading editor
    • That's why, if I remember correctly, why the show established (through Iroh) that firebenders had to be careful about conserving their Chi during battle, since they relied on that as a source more than the other kinds of benders.

      It's why breath control was a critical skill for a firebender (so that a firebender wouldn't tire themselves quickly).

      It's also why Zuko and Aang went on their field trip — Zuko needed to learn that firebenders could channel their chi not just through their passion, but through other sorts of emotions and mental states as well (namely, through a respect and love for all life).

        Loading editor
    • So... Firebenders can ignite their own chi as a fire source? I guess that makes some sense. Especially the part where breathing is an important part of firebending. fire is a chemical reaction and require air for flames to grow.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, that is correct.

        Loading editor
    • No one makes a complete analysis regarding the decline of the franchise.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.