FANDOM


  • Is there anyway for Korra to reconnect to the Avatar Cycle once desrtoyed by Unalaq?

      Loading editor
    • Nah

        Loading editor
    • Eh, maybe Korra could reconnect with past Avatars through various items that relate to them in some way (i.e. the fire amulet that connected Aang to Roku).

      Though (and assuming it would even work in the first place) Korra would have to come into possession of a hell of a lot of those types of items to reconnect with all her past lives.

        Loading editor
    • Jk4000 wrote: Is there anyway for Korra to reconnect to the Avatar Cycle once desrtoyed by Unalaq?

      I want to believe in the restoration of the Avatar connection to the past lives very much.

        Loading editor
    • Had a fan-fic idea where Korra or a post-Korra avatar finds a spirit that records all memories, and can easily repair the Avatar's past lives. Unfortunately the spirit believes that the Avatar should earn this right, sending her/him on an arduous series of tasks to prove their worth. The spirit would probably be called Yama.

        Loading editor
    • The alternative I came up with for my own writing was that Vaatu's been living inside the spirit of Raava and has been blocking Korra from those lives (I mean, she can still multi-bend, which Raava got back in the day and which shouldn't have been passed down when she "died"). Exorcise Vaatu, and you return the past lives.

        Loading editor
    • D-Bunk'd wrote:
      Eh, maybe Korra could reconnect with past Avatars through various items that relate to them in some way (i.e. the fire amulet that connected Aang to Roku).

      Though (and assuming it would even work in the first place) Korra would have to come into possession of a hell of a lot of those types of items to reconnect with all her past lives.


      Maybe she could find a few items, one for each element. Or maybe she just needs an item from the avatar before her, Aang, which will restore her connection to her past lives like how Aang restored his connection by recrafting the fire bead in the Rift Trilogy.

        Loading editor
    • PhysicistsareawesomePHD wrote:
      D-Bunk'd wrote:
      Eh, maybe Korra could reconnect with past Avatars through various items that relate to them in some way (i.e. the fire amulet that connected Aang to Roku).

      Though (and assuming it would even work in the first place) Korra would have to come into possession of a hell of a lot of those types of items to reconnect with all her past lives.


      Maybe she could find a few items, one for each element. Or maybe she just needs an item from the avatar before her, Aang, which will restore her connection to her past lives like how Aang restored his connection by recrafting the fire bead in the Rift Trilogy.


      That or she could find Wan's teapot or something (going all the way back to the beginning to jump start the entire line or something) and do that. Time to talk to Iroh in the spirit world lol. I don't know, mostly joking here really

        Loading editor
    • I think that could be possible by meditating in the Tree Of Time?

        Loading editor
    • The way I interpreted what I saw watching the show is that an Avatar Cycle ended when Raava was torn out of Korra by Unalaq/Vaatu, hence the loss of the past lives.

      When the two reconnected, a new, separate Avatar Cycle began - so as Wan, in his day, had no past lives to rely on, Korra, who is now the First Avatar of a second Avatar Cycle, no longer has the memories of the Avatars from the previous cycle to rely on - not that she ever did in any meaningful way, which is why I question the idea that the past lives are even necessary.

      Heck, even Aang didn't rely on any of the past lives much except Roku and Yangchen(He consulted a couple of the others, such as Kyoshi, maybe once or twice), and he didn't always take their advice even when he did.

        Loading editor
    • They've pretty much always been a useful resource to have, but not exactly earth-shatteringly important. But they do help distinguish the Avatar from Captain Planet.

        Loading editor
    • D-Bunk'd wrote:
      Eh, maybe Korra could reconnect with past Avatars through various items that relate to them in some way (i.e. the fire amulet that connected Aang to Roku).

      Though (and assuming it would even work in the first place) Korra would have to come into possession of a hell of a lot of those types of items to reconnect with all her past lives.

      What do you mean? Are you talking about the fire temple, that was burnt down by Roku.

        Loading editor
    • The only "amulet" I can think of he might be referring to is the necklace Aang used in the comics - I can't seem to find a good pic of it, but it looked a lot like the one Gyatso used to wear, except it had four circular "pendants" - one for each element.

      In The Promise, he uses it as a spiritual focus to communicate with Roku, until he breaks it - and has to repair it in The Rift in order to be able to communicate more effectively with Yangchen.

      Problem I have with that theory though, is that with Aang, the connection is basically still there - He uses the necklace as a focus for his meditation to make it easier to communicate with, for instance, Roku and Yangchen, but they are already connected. 

      In the case of Korra, there is no connection at all anymore, so amulet or not, she can't communicate with the past Avatars because there's no connection at all to use to establish contact.

        Loading editor
    • I to wish that Korra could reconnect with her past lives.

        Loading editor
    • Coming from someone who has a buttload of ideas for a new series about an Avatar after Korra (and plans on writing it when I can), here's what I think could happen:

      When Raava is reborn inside someone, making them the Avatar, their spirits should gain a kind of speicial connection. A connection that makes their own inner spirit a part of Raava and the light of the world itself. So in other words, that is a connection to Raava herself and should never be able to be taken away. So when Vaatu destroyed her, he didnt actually sever the entire connection itself as again, its still a part of Raava's very being and when she revives the connection revives as well. What Vaatu actually severed was the ability to sense the connection, making it look like the Avatar is no longer connected to the past lives without them being able to perceive such a thing. By no longer sensing it, it goes beyond their own comprehension. And if you don't have strong natural spiritual awareness and power, you will never be able to regain the ability to sense it. It makes sense for Korra since, unlike Aang and Unalaq, Korra has always lacked in spiritual arts. Its like Unalaq said, she can hardly recognize her spiritual abilities (not that it's a bad thing, Korra's talented in her own way). And it got even worse when she got poisoned. The only thing going for her is having a stronger connection to Raava. Stronger, not perfect. Hence Korra being disconnected from Raava for 3+ years after fighting the Red Lotus, and not even being able to enter the spirit world. So Korra wouldnt have the potential to restore it. But if any Avatar after her possesses strong spiritual capabilities, they may have that potential unlike any Avatar before them. So what I think could be done is make an Avatar post-Korra who specializes in spiritual matters and have them regain the ability to sense their connection to the other Avatars again, technically "restoring" it in the process.

      Its what I intend to do for my Avatar anyways.

        Loading editor
    • ProfessorKukui4Life wrote:
      Coming from someone who has a buttload of ideas for a new series about an Avatar after Korra (and plans on writing it when I can), here's what I think could happen:

      When Raava is reborn inside someone, making them the Avatar, their spirits should gain a kind of speicial connection. A connection that makes their own inner spirit a part of Raava and the light of the world itself. So in other words, that is a connection to Raava herself and should never be able to be taken away. So when Vaatu destroyed her, he didnt actually sever the entire connection itself as again, its still a part of Raava's very being and when she revives the connection revives as well. What Vaatu actually severed was the ability to sense the connection, making it look like the Avatar is no longer connected to the past lives without them being able to perceive such a thing. By no longer sensing it, it goes beyond their own comprehension. And if you don't have strong natural spiritual awareness and power, you will never be able to regain the ability to sense it. It makes sense for Korra since, unlike Aang and Unalaq, Korra has always lacked in spiritual arts. Its like Unalaq said, she can hardly recognize her spiritual abilities. And it got even worse when she got poisoned. The only thing going for her is having a stronger connection to Raava. Stronger, not perfect. So Korra wouldnt have the potential to restore it. But if any Avatar after her possesses strong spiritual capabilities, they may have that potential unlike any Avatar before them. So what I think could be done is make an Avatar post-Korra who specializes in spiritual matters and have them regain the ability to sense their connection to the other Avatars again, technically "restoring" it in the process.

      Its what I intend to do for my Avatar anyways.

      Good Idea ^

        Loading editor
    • ProfessorKukui4Life wrote:
      Coming from someone who has a buttload of ideas for a new series about an Avatar after Korra (and plans on writing it when I can), here's what I think could happen:

      When Raava is reborn inside someone, making them the Avatar, their spirits should gain a kind of speicial connection. A connection that makes their own inner spirit a part of Raava and the light of the world itself. So in other words, that is a connection to Raava herself and should never be able to be taken away. So when Vaatu destroyed her, he didnt actually sever the entire connection itself as again, its still a part of Raava's very being and when she revives the connection revives as well. What Vaatu actually severed was the ability to sense the connection, making it look like the Avatar is no longer connected to the past lives without them being able to perceive such a thing. By no longer sensing it, it goes beyond their own comprehension. And if you don't have strong natural spiritual awareness and power, you will never be able to regain the ability to sense it. It makes sense for Korra since, unlike Aang and Unalaq, Korra has always lacked in spiritual arts. Its like Unalaq said, she can hardly recognize her spiritual abilities. And it got even worse when she got poisoned. The only thing going for her is having a stronger connection to Raava. Stronger, not perfect. So Korra wouldnt have the potential to restore it. But if any Avatar after her possesses strong spiritual capabilities, they may have that potential unlike any Avatar before them. So what I think could be done is make an Avatar post-Korra who specializes in spiritual matters and have them regain the ability to sense their connection to the other Avatars again, technically "restoring" it in the process.

      Its what I intend to do for my Avatar anyways.

      Just by you having good ideas like this (and interested in writing Avatar), I can sense a strong future with the Avatar franchise. Even if the original creators don't continue the animation, someone will. There is too much money and cult following not to further production in the future. This show is was one of a kind, and its ahead of its time.

        Loading editor
    • DOTtheFAN wrote:
      ProfessorKukui4Life wrote:
      Coming from someone who has a buttload of ideas for a new series about an Avatar after Korra (and plans on writing it when I can), here's what I think could happen:

      When Raava is reborn inside someone, making them the Avatar, their spirits should gain a kind of speicial connection. A connection that makes their own inner spirit a part of Raava and the light of the world itself. So in other words, that is a connection to Raava herself and should never be able to be taken away. So when Vaatu destroyed her, he didnt actually sever the entire connection itself as again, its still a part of Raava's very being and when she revives the connection revives as well. What Vaatu actually severed was the ability to sense the connection, making it look like the Avatar is no longer connected to the past lives without them being able to perceive such a thing. By no longer sensing it, it goes beyond their own comprehension. And if you don't have strong natural spiritual awareness and power, you will never be able to regain the ability to sense it. It makes sense for Korra since, unlike Aang and Unalaq, Korra has always lacked in spiritual arts. Its like Unalaq said, she can hardly recognize her spiritual abilities. And it got even worse when she got poisoned. The only thing going for her is having a stronger connection to Raava. Stronger, not perfect. So Korra wouldnt have the potential to restore it. But if any Avatar after her possesses strong spiritual capabilities, they may have that potential unlike any Avatar before them. So what I think could be done is make an Avatar post-Korra who specializes in spiritual matters and have them regain the ability to sense their connection to the other Avatars again, technically "restoring" it in the process.

      Its what I intend to do for my Avatar anyways.

      Good Idea ^

      I know right.

        Loading editor
    • If I ever get to start writing my Avatar story, do you guys want me to post each chapter here for you to read.

        Loading editor
    • There's a fanon portal on the Wiki you can use for that.

        Loading editor
    • Kk. Thank you!

        Loading editor
    • I wish she could reconnect with her past lives. She has Raava again after all, and it's just kind of sad that the past Avatars like Wan and Aang are truly gone now.

        Loading editor
    • i wish they'd just continue the series.

      To watch an earthbending avatar grow up would be tremendous. In addition we'd also see progress regarding the world he/she lives in which would be so interesting! 

      Also do I think that it'd be cool to see an fully grown up avatar since both of the times now we had "childs and teens". 

      ProfessorKukui4Life really like your idea, espeacially the part with a new avatar reestablishing connection with past lives. 

      There must be some company out there who would pay a talented team of designers to create another series. DeMartino and Konietzko could just hand it off to someone else without even having to be a part of it.

        Loading editor
    • Avatar Aang was able to connect with Avatar Kyoshi by wearing her clothes, though they were rumored to be "still connected to her spirit"On avatar day. Though, even if she does we probably won't see it because the series has finished.

        Loading editor
    • I'd love to see more in the Avatar franchise, I can't wait for each comic/graphic novel to come out several months after the previous one.

      At the end of the Legend of Korra finale, all I cared about was Korra reconnecting with the past avatars, especially Aang, I cared about that so much that I gave barely any thought to the Korrasami moment at the end. Whenever I think back to the finale I tend to think, if leaving the spirit portals opened somehow restored balance by giving random people airbending (something which I feel wasn't fully explained) then surely Avatar State Korra vs Kuvira's Spirit Weapon should have done something to restore Korra's connection seeing as it somehow created a new Spirit Portal (which I also think wasn't fully explained.

      Reading through the posts on this discussion, I think it would be interesting for Korra to go on some great journey to collect whatever souvenirs/items she can which are connected to past Avatars (Wan's teapot, Avatar Relics, Aang's magical meditating necklace, Kyoshi's clothes, maybe the Fire Prince's Crown that Roku had for most of his life etc) and then meditated under the tree of time to try and reconnect using the memories the tree stores as well as the cosmic energy in the universe or something, I don't know, I just want the past Avatars back! At the very least, Korra could try meditating under the tree of time now she has a good connection to Raava again, though I doubt that alone would do much.

      Either that or, as also previously suggested in the discussion, a new Avatar that wants to learn more about their Avatar lineage could try going on some life-changing journey to fix what Korra couldn't do, kinda like how Aang had to deal with the war which Roku was responsible for not being able to prevent.

      Thinking back to Roku's explanation of the Avatar State, is Korra weaker in the Avatar State now compared to previous Avatars?!

      "The Avatar State is a defense mechanism, designed to empower you with the skills and knowledge of all the past Avatars... The glow is the combination of all your past lives focusing their energy through your body"

      Based on that explanation, either Korra should be weaker in the Avatar State. Yet since she was still powerful enough to open up a new spirit portal then surely this means there must be some, very fragile and delicate connection to her past lives. I mean, there's no real way that I can think of which we can measure an Avatar's power within the Avatar State, but just by comparison to previous Avatars, I'm not sure there's really many other Avatar fetes which can be compared to this.

      At the end of the day I'm not that fussed about what the particular story/journey is, I just want the Avatar to connect with their past lives, with some sort of explanation as to how this was achieved rather than just saying they woke up one morning and found they somehow had connection again (not saying anyone would write anything along the lines of this, but I mean I'd like a proper explanation rather than just a sudden change in the story to say that the Avatar got their connection to past lives back). I just want more Avatar!

        Loading editor
    • I just want the next Avatar to be so OP. Besides being a master of the four elements, the next Avatar has also learned specialized sub bending styles like Lightning bending, Lavabending, metalbending. The next Avatar will be the one to be able to reconnect the past lives of the Avatar spirit.

        Loading editor
    • Well, just incase I unfortunately never get the chance to start my Avatar story, I did have some pretty cool ideas on abilities for my Avatar to obtain. It would be consisting of "reality"-bending, time bending, enhanced spirit water bending and an evolved-form of the Avatar State that no Avatar has ever been able to achieve. 

        Loading editor
    • I think the next Avatar should reconnect to the Avatar Cycle.

        Loading editor
    • I kinda like the old avatar cycle is broken because I really like Legend of Korra more than Legend of Aang and I would like the new cycle to start with Korra

        Loading editor
    • I think Raava cannot access her previous life so Korra could reconnect with the old Avatars

        Loading editor
    • i think korra and aaang shuld get married and their kid should be the super avatar

        Loading editor
    • I don't understand why the past lives were not regained when Raava was revived when they were the last she was revived, back when Aang had died in the Avatar State and subsequently was revived by Katara using the Spirit Oasis Water... how is that consistent? Going by what we know of the Avatar State and what happens once the Avatar dies in it, logically Raava must have died back then too, yes? We know that when the Avatar dies in the State, the cycle is broken, and the Avatar will cease to exist. If this is not meant as the death of the Avatar Spirit, what is it? The death of the "host" of Raava? We saw a visual representation of the past lives disappearing, as if being destroyed, back when Aang died, just like we did with Korra. There were minor differences, like Aang's going up in smoke and Korra's bursting into sparks, but still seemed to portray the same thing.

        Loading editor
    • In Aang case azula just electrocuted him. Korra now just remember that raava was ripped out of Korra and destroyed. See the difference change is good even if it's not what you want.

        Loading editor
    • Dean494 wrote:
      In Aang case azula just electrocuted him. Korra now just remember that raava was ripped out of Korra and destroyed. See the difference change is good even if it's not what you want.

      And I disagree. The change had absolutely no bearing on Korra, the world, the story. She barely ever talked to the past Avatars. Therefore, it was just irelevant. It didn't need to happen. She was also her own Avatar already, and since people are citing that as a good reason for the severing of that connection, that makes no sense for that specific reason. She didn't listen to them, she didn't use their guidance. She was her own person to begin with. It was just a nonsensical choice from a purely technical writing perspective.

        Loading editor
    • Lukas Exemplar wrote:

      Dean494 wrote:
      In Aang case azula just electrocuted him. Korra now just remember that raava was ripped out of Korra and destroyed. See the difference change is good even if it's not what you want.

      And I believe you are dead wrong. The change had absolutely no bearing on Korra, the world, the story. She barely ever talked to the past Avatars. Therefore, it was just irelevant. It didn't need to happen. She was also her own Avatar already, and since people are citing that as a good reason for the severing of that connection, that makes no sense for that specific reason. She didn't listen to them, she didn't use their guidance. She was her own person to begin with. It was just a nonsensical choice from a purely technical writing perspective.

      Who asked you, pal?

        Loading editor
    • Peter.bouchelle wrote:

      Lukas Exemplar wrote:

      Dean494 wrote:
      In Aang case azula just electrocuted him. Korra now just remember that raava was ripped out of Korra and destroyed. See the difference change is good even if it's not what you want.
      And I believe you are dead wrong. The change had absolutely no bearing on Korra, the world, the story. She barely ever talked to the past Avatars. Therefore, it was just irelevant. It didn't need to happen. She was also her own Avatar already, and since people are citing that as a good reason for the severing of that connection, that makes no sense for that specific reason. She didn't listen to them, she didn't use their guidance. She was her own person to begin with. It was just a nonsensical choice from a purely technical writing perspective.
      Who asked you, pal?

      Are you saying I came off as rude? Because then just say that. I do think I did though, but only with my opening statement. I am sorry about that one Dean. You might not be wrong. But I disagree with your opinion.

      Also, remember that Pathik taught us a morale during AtLA about everything being connected, that separation was illusion, and that some things are even the same. The death of the past lives is also somewhat a violation of that philosophy/morale, which was a major point in AtLA. And a message to the viewers. Of course it was kinda meant in a "Treat others the way you want to be treated" kind of way. Which, with my "dead wrong" comment, I didn't do. It's late though, I am tired. I think that's why that harsh language slipped out. Sorry, again.

        Loading editor
    • Lukas Exemplar wrote:

      Peter.bouchelle wrote:

      Lukas Exemplar wrote:

      Dean494 wrote:
      In Aang case azula just electrocuted him. Korra now just remember that raava was ripped out of Korra and destroyed. See the difference change is good even if it's not what you want.
      And I believe you are dead wrong. The change had absolutely no bearing on Korra, the world, the story. She barely ever talked to the past Avatars. Therefore, it was just irelevant. It didn't need to happen. She was also her own Avatar already, and since people are citing that as a good reason for the severing of that connection, that makes no sense for that specific reason. She didn't listen to them, she didn't use their guidance. She was her own person to begin with. It was just a nonsensical choice from a purely technical writing perspective.
      Who asked you, pal?

      Are you saying I came off as rude? Because then just say that. I do think I did though, but only with my opening statement. I am sorry about that one Dean. You might not be wrong. But I disagree with your opinion.

      Also, remember that Pathik taught us a morale during AtLA about everything being connected, that separation was illusion, and that some things are even the same. The death of the past lives is also somewhat a violation of that philosophy/morale, which was a major point in AtLA. And a message to the viewers. Of course it was kinda meant in a "Treat others the way you want to be treated" kind of way. Which, with my "dead wrong" comment, I didn't do. It's late though, I am tired. I think that's why that harsh language slipped out. Sorry, again.

      Sorry about the back-talk.

        Loading editor
    • Lukas Exemplar wrote:

      Dean494 wrote:
      In Aang case azula just electrocuted him. Korra now just remember that raava was ripped out of Korra and destroyed. See the difference change is good even if it's not what you want.

      And I disagree. The change had absolutely no bearing on Korra, the world, the story. She barely ever talked to the past Avatars. Therefore, it was just irelevant. It didn't need to happen. She was also her own Avatar already, and since people are citing that as a good reason for the severing of that connection, that makes no sense for that specific reason. She didn't listen to them, she didn't use their guidance. She was her own person to begin with. It was just a nonsensical choice from a purely technical writing perspective.

      But that’s kind of the problem, isn’t it? She wasn’t just Korra to begin with, she was the Avatar. She was supposed to listen to them, from the beginning. And there were times, even within Books 1 and 2 (not counting the flashbacks or the whole Raava thing) where they could have been of some use. Not to mention that the Avatar State during all those times was grossly underused—none of the great power that Aang had, with the voices of eternity channeling through his mortal body, just glowing eyes and at best Raava speaking over everyone. It’s like they wanted to...kill the past?

        Loading editor
    • If they ever continued the series after Korra, I like to believe that sometime in the future it will be a necessity for the Avatar to reconnect with their pre-Korra lives in order for some big ex deus machina ammount of spiritual power.

      Like.. I dunno. A meteor is about to hit the planet and wipe out all life and the meteor is also Satan and the Avatar State needs to be twice as powerful to stop it or something.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote: If they ever continued the series after Korra, I like to believe that sometime in the future it will be a necessity for the Avatar to reconnect with their pre-Korra lives in order for some big ex deus machinima ammount of spiritual power.

      Like.. I dunno. A meteor is about to hit the planet and wipe out all life and the meteor is also Satan and the Avatar State needs to be twice as powerful to stop it or something.

      Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • Peter.bouchelle wrote:

      Mystic Monkey wrote: If they ever continued the series after Korra, I like to believe that sometime in the future it will be a necessity for the Avatar to reconnect with their pre-Korra lives in order for some big ex deus machinima ammount of spiritual power.

      Like.. I dunno. A meteor is about to hit the planet and wipe out all life and the meteor is also Satan and the Avatar State needs to be twice as powerful to stop it or something.

      Agreed.

      Thirded.

        Loading editor
    • D-Bunk'd wrote:
      Eh, maybe Korra could reconnect with past Avatars through various items that relate to them in some way (i.e. the fire amulet that connected Aang to Roku).

      Though (and assuming it would even work in the first place) Korra would have to come into possession of a hell of a lot of those types of items to reconnect with all her past lives.

      I was thinking that there's a spiritual residue residing in avatar bloodlines. find an artifact or descendant of the First Avatar, and boom you reconnect the cycle.Though finding a known descendant of Wan is like finding the Holy Grail

        Loading editor
    • ElPirato wrote:

      D-Bunk'd wrote:
      Eh, maybe Korra could reconnect with past Avatars through various items that relate to them in some way (i.e. the fire amulet that connected Aang to Roku).

      Though (and assuming it would even work in the first place) Korra would have to come into possession of a hell of a lot of those types of items to reconnect with all her past lives.

      I was thinking that there's a spiritual residue residing in avatar bloodlines. find an artifact or descendant of the First Avatar, and boom you reconnect the cycle.Though finding a known descendant of Wan is like finding the Holy Grail

      Those are both good storylines.

        Loading editor
    • they are, but the questions are:

      1. What artifacts to use

      2. Who is/are Wan's descendant(s)?

        Loading editor
    • I hope that Korra reconnects to the Avatar Cycle in some of the future comics someday, I still have hope that the big problem will be solved.

        Loading editor
    • As I see it, Korra has only done great trouble. I really like the Legend of Korra, but I hate Korra. Perhaps because people with his character I can't stand them even in the real world.
      Korra is impulsive, not reasoning, stubborn and does not learn from her mistakes.
      A tells Korra that B did something, and Korra kicks B's door and yells at him. B tells Korra that A lied, and Korra returns to A, kicks the door and yells at him. But think a little earlier?
      In the first season she did not listen to Tenzin, his teacher, the son of his past life, who loves her and who has known her for all her life, and nearly lost an irremediable mess.
      In the second season, did Korra learn the lesson? NO! Unalaq arrives, Korra listens to him ignoring his father and after 5 minutes a new planetary mess. As if losing the connection to his past lives wasn't bad enough, Korra also decides to leave the portals open by throwing the world into chaos. The portals have just been opened and the world has just risked 10,000 years of darkness! Does it seem logical to leave them open? If Korra had listened to her father and had kept the portals closed there would have been no problem with Unalaq, without the problem with Unalaq there would have been no problem with Zaheer, and without the problem with Zaheer there would have been no problem with Kuvira. Number of deaths?
      Korra Has done more trouble and damage in 4 years than the Nation of Fire in a century.

        Loading editor
    • I don't hate Korra, in fact I admit the mistakes she makes and she doesn't recognize but I think her attitude changed too much as Asami Sato's girlfriend, think about it when you have a partner completely changes your attitude.

        Loading editor
    • KJDZ
      KJDZ removed this reply because:
      c
      12:28, September 11, 2019
      This reply has been removed
    • Hong Shen wrote:
      I don't hate Korra, in fact I admit the mistakes she makes and she doesn't recognize but I think her attitude changed too much as Asami Sato's girlfriend, think about it when you have a partner completely changes your attitude.

      Where I come from it says: Thanks for nothing. Korra started a relationship with Asami in the last 30 seconds of the last episode of the last season.

        Loading editor
    • KJDZ wrote:

      Hong Shen wrote:
      I don't hate Korra, in fact I admit the mistakes she makes and she doesn't recognize but I think her attitude changed too much as Asami Sato's girlfriend, think about it when you have a partner completely changes your attitude.

      Where I come from it says: Thanks for nothing. Korra started a relationship with Asami in the last 30 seconds of the last episode of the last season.

      Then you are against Korra starting a relationship with Asami in the last episode of the series in general!

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:

      KJDZ wrote:

      Hong Shen wrote:
      I don't hate Korra, in fact I admit the mistakes she makes and she doesn't recognize but I think her attitude changed too much as Asami Sato's girlfriend, think about it when you have a partner completely changes your attitude.
      Where I come from it says: Thanks for nothing. Korra started a relationship with Asami in the last 30 seconds of the last episode of the last season.
      Then you are against Korra starting a relationship with Asami in the last episode of the series in general!

      Ummm, I am fairly certain KJDZ didn't say anything about being against Korra and Asami starting a relationship in that comment.

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:

      KJDZ wrote:

      Hong Shen wrote:
      I don't hate Korra, in fact I admit the mistakes she makes and she doesn't recognize but I think her attitude changed too much as Asami Sato's girlfriend, think about it when you have a partner completely changes your attitude.

      Where I come from it says: Thanks for nothing. Korra started a relationship with Asami in the last 30 seconds of the last episode of the last season.

      Then you are against Korra starting a relationship with Asami in the last episode of the series in general!

      I didn't say that I'm against Korra's relationship with Asami. I wanted to say that Korra started her relationship with Asami in the last 30 seconds of the last episode of the last season, so what does it matter how she could possibly become AFTER the end of the series? I wanted to see Korra become a better person DURING the series.

        Loading editor
    • Not to be rude, but this is a perfect example of why I wish people weren't so assumptious, always jumping the shark and reaching, and that people spend more time comprehending a comment and stance before commenting. Speaking in regards to Hong Shen's comment. Again, not be rude. But it was kind of weird how you got "I didn't like the bisexual and/or lesbian thing" from his comment when he didn't actually say that.

        Loading editor
    • I remind you that Korra became a better person when she began her engagement with Asami at the end of the series.

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:
      I remind you that Korra became a better person when she began her engagement with Asami at the end of the series.

      I seem to talk to someone who answers "I come home at 8:00" to the question "what time is it?".

      No. Review the end of the series because what happens is not what you say.  What you say is what you like to believe.  All that is seen of their relationship is a few seconds, in which they hold their hands, look into each other's eyes and smile at each other.  

      Stop.  

      That's all.  

      We don’t know if their relationship will continue forever.  

      We don't know if they will be happy.  

      We don’t know what kind of person Korra will become.

        Loading editor
    • He accepts that Korra will live happily home with Asami for the rest of his life as Aang did with Katara at the end of the series.

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:
      He accepts that Korra will live happily home with Asami for the rest of his life as Aang did with Katara at the end of the series.

      Accept what?  What do you like to believe?  We know that Aang and Katara have been happy together for life because we saw it at the beginning of the second series, not because we saw it at the end of the first series.  The Legend of Korra has an open ending.  They could be together forever or not.  In any case, this does not justify all cases made by Korra.

      Even if Korra has a relationship with Asami for life and she will become the best person in the world AFTER the end of the series, this does not change the fact that if I watch the whole series I only see her making trouble.

      Accept the fact that I don't like Korra.  And not because of her relationship with Asami.  Because I find her stupid.

        Loading editor
    • Well, we don't see just a few seconds, because there is such a thing as the comics in which the relationship gets further developed.

      However, I also believe (not just from what we've seen with Mako) that Korra is maybe not the best relationship partner and rather individualistic and yes I know she's a different person now than she has been back then

        Loading editor
    • KJDZ wrote:
      H Accept what?  What do you like to believe?  We know that Aang and Katara have been happy together for life because we saw it at the beginning of the second series, not because we saw it at the end of the first series.  The Legend of Korra has an open ending.  They could be together forever or not.  In any case, this does not justify all cases made by Korra.

      Even if Korra has a relationship with Asami for life and she will become the best person in the world AFTER the end of the series, this does not change the fact that if I watch the whole series I only see her making trouble.

      Accept the fact that I don't like Korra.  And not because of her relationship with Asami.  Because I find her stupid.

      It is a pity that you do not see it otherwise, you think in a stable and closed way, apparently you are not a true Avatar fan just because you have a limiting way of thinking, you better save your comments before writing them, it is only a recommendation.

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:

      It is a pity that you do not see it otherwise, you think in a stable and closed way, apparently you are not a true Avatar fan just because you have a limiting way of thinking, you better save your comments before writing them, it is only a recommendation.

      He says who puts kudos himself to his own comments.  You like Korra just because she is bisexual.
      The only thing you can say:
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      But you think very openly.  If one says he doesn't like Korra for her character:
      - You accuse him of homophobia
      - You accuse him of thinking in a stable and closed way
      - You accuse him of not being a true Avatar fan
      Being a real fan does not mean that you have to like everything.  Legend Of Korra likes me a lot, but I don't like Korra.  And her bisexuality is the only thing that doesn't bother me about her.

        Loading editor
    • KJDZ wrote:

      He says who puts kudos himself to his own comments.  You like Korra just because she is bisexual. The only thing you can say:
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      But you think very openly.  If one says he doesn't like Korra for her character:
      - You accuse him of homophobia
      - You accuse him of thinking in a stable and closed way
      - You accuse him of not being a true Avatar fan
      Being a real fan does not mean that you have to like everything.  Legend Of Korra likes me a lot, but I don't like Korra.  And her bisexuality is the only thing that doesn't bother me about her.

      Apparently you do not understand reasons, I would have liked Korra to be a lesbian from the beginning but she was not in love with Mako in the first two seasons, later in the last two seasons she began to have an attraction to Asami to finally be his girlfriend at the end of the series, I like Avatar but sometimes I think that Avatar: The Last Airbender is somewhat overrated unlike The Legend of Korra that is undervalued because of the fans who compare and know that both series do not share the same things, in end just stop arguing and understand what I write, see you!

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:

      KJDZ wrote:

      He says who puts kudos himself to his own comments.  You like Korra just because she is bisexual. The only thing you can say:
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      "Relationship with Asami"
      But you think very openly.  If one says he doesn't like Korra for her character:
      - You accuse him of homophobia
      - You accuse him of thinking in a stable and closed way
      - You accuse him of not being a true Avatar fan
      Being a real fan does not mean that you have to like everything.  Legend Of Korra likes me a lot, but I don't like Korra.  And her bisexuality is the only thing that doesn't bother me about her.

      Apparently you do not understand reasons, I would have liked Korra to be a lesbian from the beginning but she was not in love with Mako in the first two seasons, later in the last two seasons she began to have an attraction to Asami to finally be his girlfriend at the end of the series, I like Avatar but sometimes I think that Avatar: The Last Airbender is somewhat overrated unlike The Legend of Korra that is undervalued because of the fans who compare and know that both series do not share the same things, in end just stop arguing and understand what I write, see you!

      You were first to attack though. Also she is not lesbian, she is bisexual. This has been confirmed by Bryke, or at least by Mike through one of his blog posts.

        Loading editor
    • I already know about Korra's sexual orientation but at least you really like lesbianism in the Avatar Universe.

        Loading editor
    • Good gods, this argument is still going on? I'm quite certain this particular discussion is supposed to be about whether it's possible/reasonable/right to reconnect to the past Avatars, not about Korra's relationships. There's sidetracking, and then there's moving along to conversations already had at length elsewhere.

        Loading editor
    • I think I good way of showing potential issues with reconnecting with past lives is that the Avatar needs to reconnect slowly. If not; the memories start to bleed into the Avatar and start affecting their personality. 

      Example: If Korra tried to reconnect with Aang too quickly; when she looks at Katara; Aang's memories start shifting in. She begins to see younger Katara; and Aang starts taking over getting all romantic with Katara. But Korra snaps out it having to realise that she needs to take it slow.

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote:
      I think I good way of showing potential issues with reconnecting with past lives is that the Avatar needs to reconnect slowly. If not; the memories start to bleed into the Avatar and start affecting their personality. 

      Example: If Korra tried to reconnect with Aang too quickly; when she looks at Katara; Aang's memories start shifting in. She begins to see younger Katara; and Aang starts taking over getting all romantic with Katara. But Katara snaps out out it having to realise that she needs to take it slow.

      I think Korra would do the same thing as Aang just this time using Asami's help!

        Loading editor
    • Oops... I read the end of my statement I saw I typed "Katara" and not "Korra" I have edited properly.

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote: Oops... I read the end of my statement I saw I typed "Katara" and not "Korra" I have edited properly.

      No matter it's the same!

        Loading editor
    • Korra losing her connection to her past lives has been described as like "rebooting your hard drive", basically scrubbing it clean and restoring it to factory setting. So, if one follows that, it would simply be a matter of tracking down what you once had on the hard drive and re-adding it. The spirits of the past Avatars do still exist in the Spirit World, so Korra or a succeeding Avatar could journey into the Spirit World, find them in some sort of order (Aang through Wan makes sense) and reconnect them to Raava.

        Loading editor
    • JediMasterSam wrote:
      Korra losing her connection to her past lives has been described as like "rebooting your hard drive", basically scrubbing it clean and restoring it to factory setting. So, if one follows that, it would simply be a matter of tracking down what you once had on the hard drive and re-adding it. The spirits of the past Avatars do still exist in the Spirit World, so Korra or a succeeding Avatar could journey into the Spirit World, find them in some sort of order (Aang through Wan makes sense) and reconnect them to Raava.

      I only hope that Korra will recover the connection with her past lives that are the spirits of the past Avatars in one of the future graphic novels.

        Loading editor
    • I like to believe if not Korra then many a future Avatar. But given we're rebooting to Netflix live-action series I guess it doesn't matter much.

      I too would much rather have the Avatar reconnect to the past Korra lost over all that history simply be forgotten.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:
      I like to believe if not Korra then many a future Avatar. But given we're rebooting to Netflix live-action series I guess it doesn't matter much.

      I too would much rather have the Avatar reconnect to the past Korra lost over all that history simply be forgotten.

      I only hope that the franchise is still standing if it can offer more relevant content from the Avatar Universe.

        Loading editor
    • I doubt Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko given much thought of the World of Avatar after Korra. Other than the sequal comics.

      I had my own ideas for her next life as an Earthbender but they're just fancruft ideas.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:
      I doubt Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko given much thought of the World of Avatar after Korra. Other than the sequal comics.

      I had my own ideas for her next life as an Earthbender but they're just fancruft ideas.

      I'm curious what you would have in mind for the next Avatar. Would this character focus just the 4 Elements? Would this Avatar specialize in Sub Elements? Where would he/she come from? Do you have any enemies in mind? Like an example would be; do the Red Lotus return?

        Loading editor
    • Been awhile since I jot the ideas I had in mind... what were my ideas I had again?

      I recall my ideas take place in Omashu which has become more built up and industrialised just like Republic City. While regarded an Earth Nation city it's population also consist of immigrants from Fire and Water tribe and perhaps King Bumi has set up his own Air Temple in honour of his friend Aang, though Bumi himself has long passed.

      A particular idea in mind is the reintroduction of the Dark Avatar. In his previous life he was Unalaq but was reborn as the son (or maybe grandson) of Meelo. There are various reasons why I wanted the Dark Avatar to be an airbender. Mostly because Ozai, Unalaq and Kuvira all tried to conquer in the name of their nation so it be interested for an airbender to have a go. The reason why I chose him to be the great-grandson of Aang is because since Raava defeated Vaatu, Vaatu must regenerate from Vaatu through decendancy. A new "Avatar Rule" in mind is that if one of the two Avatars dies before the other then their reincarnation is put on hiatus until they can be both be reborn roughly in the same time frame. As for dark Avatar cycle I imagine it either in reverse order to the Dark Avatar will be born the opposing element to the Avatar.

        Loading editor
    • Didn't Kuvira remove any non-Earth Nation structures? I think Kuvira tried to capture non-Earth Empire loyalist (any one with Fire Nation, Water Tribe, etc. bloodline).

      I'm personally not a fan of the idea of keeping the "Dark Avatar". It was fine to try in Legend of Korra; but I don't think it should continue. However, your idea isn't too bad. There is some thought to it.

      How would your Avatar be different from other Avatars?

        Loading editor
    • I had ideas all fleshed out but I forgotten most of them. All I can recall is that when he was born no one figured out he was the Avatar until he was around Korra's age, maybe a bit younger. He discovers hes the Avatar later than he intended. Other ideas of mine is that he's part of a pit crew to car racing. I can't remember all of my ideas for him but one thing I noticed is that Earth, Fire and Water nations all had someone who tried to conquer the other nations and Air Normads are the only one who haven't had a go, mostly because they were extinct all this time. Sure Air Normads are the more passive and peace-embracing of the four nations but I like the idea of an Air Normad who is forcing those ideals onto everyone for what they believe is the greater good. And I would like that villain to be a decendant of Aang to not only further establish his airbending heritage over post-Hamonize Airbenders but also to show that being a decendant of the Avatar doesn't guarantee good people.

      I don't count Zaheer because he was a post-Hamonize Airbender who followed Red Lotus ideals over Air Normad ideals.

      My other idea as an alternative would be instead of concentrating on the next Earth Naiton Avatar we go back to the one before and let Kyoshi have her own TV series. We only know a few stories around her life and would appeal to an audience who much rather have a less progressed Avatar world than one of giant robots and lasers.

        Loading editor
    • I would like to see an Avatar who has a Sun Warrior member of Team Avatar. That or Swamp Tribe member.  Maybe a non-Monk Airbender.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:
      I doubt Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko given much thought of the World of Avatar after Korra. Other than the sequal comics.

      I had my own ideas for her next life as an Earthbender but they're just fancruft ideas.

      It would be good if Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko continue to expand the Avatar World before and after Korra with either comics or any audiovisual material.

        Loading editor
    • Heck I would settle for a spin-off set in the world of Avatar.

      As in has nothing to do with Korra, Aang or any of Team Avatar, could be entirely different characters with their own story but still set in the world of the Avatar.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:
      Heck I would settle for a spin-off set in the world of Avatar.

      As in has nothing to do with Korra, Aang or any of Team Avatar, could be entirely different characters with their own story but still set in the world of the Avatar.

      What would you have them do? What would the driving force for the story be?

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote:
      Mystic Monkey wrote:
      Heck I would settle for a spin-off set in the world of Avatar.

      As in has nothing to do with Korra, Aang or any of Team Avatar, could be entirely different characters with their own story but still set in the world of the Avatar.

      What would you have them do? What would the driving force for the story be?

      I can think of literally anything. There's always something going on in the world of Avatar. Personally I'd like to see the Air Nomads explored more, maybe a few dozen generations after their Harmonic Convergence renewal, or even a flashback to when they lived before the genocide.

        Loading editor
    • JediMasterSam wrote:
      Zealous Gamer wrote:
      Mystic Monkey wrote:
      Heck I would settle for a spin-off set in the world of Avatar.

      As in has nothing to do with Korra, Aang or any of Team Avatar, could be entirely different characters with their own story but still set in the world of the Avatar.

      What would you have them do? What would the driving force for the story be?
      I can think of literally anything. There's always something going on in the world of Avatar. Personally I'd like to see the Air Nomads explored more, maybe a few dozen generations after their Harmonic Convergence renewal, or even a flashback to when they lived before the genocide.

      Yeah. Or off the top of my head, what if a slightly older Kai get's his own spin-off series. I know I said "no one directly assosiated with the Avatar" but as Zealous said be interesting to see how the new Air Normads adapt to the world. And Kai who is one of the new airbenders and his girlfriend being of old air normad decendant and going on adventures around the world it would be interesting.

        Loading editor
    • This might seem like a strange idea but, I'd like to see either a floating city or an underwater kingdom added. We have seen a lot of the World. However, instead of making the world more modern; I'd like to see it get more fantastical. The show has Spirits, Chi, Steam Punk tech, Ancients Civilizations, etc. so it is pretty mystical. Yet, it appears to be missing a few things.

      We covered so much Land (yet, still so much to explore) but not the Sky nor Ocean. It's the height or depth of the World that feels incomplete.

      The Air Nation could have a city built in the sky. The Water Tribe could have had a kingdom lost under the sea. Get crazy with it!

        Loading editor
    • I wouldn't be surprise if a colony of waterbenders break off and make their own undersea kingdom. Heck Suyin Beifong practically founded her own city almost by herself. I wouldn't be surprise if Kya decides to give it a go and make her own city.

        Loading editor
    • Well, the oceans are the greatest source of water. It's odd there aren't already plenty of small Waterbender islands. There is so much water for them to use.

        Loading editor
    • Mystic Monkey wrote:
      Heck I would settle for a spin-off set in the world of Avatar.

      As in has nothing to do with Korra, Aang or any of Team Avatar, could be entirely different characters with their own story but still set in the world of the Avatar.

      I think your idea is very good.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.