FANDOM


  • I'm just wondering, what will they do now?  Kuvira has been defeated, the world is saved, but it seems things are quiet now.  

    I'm kinda disappointed.  First Ben 10 ends, now Avatar ends.  

    I mean, here's what I think should happen, there should be another series, but with a little more self-contained episodes.  Korra expands Team Avatar, and it becomes internationally recognized as an organization for justice.  

      Loading editor
    • My prediction:

      Korra marries Asami. They find some orphan child somewhere and adopt him/her. 70 years pass without any major crises in the world, then Korra dies peacefully in her sleep. The new Avatar is found quickly: Opal.

        Loading editor
    • Boomubbles wrote:
      My prediction:

      Korra marries Asami. They find some orphan child somewhere and adopt him/her. 70 years pass without any major crises in the world, then Korra dies peacefully in her sleep. The new Avatar is found quickly: Opal.

      Opal can't be the avatar, she's already alive. Unless you mistyped/I misunderstood.

        Loading editor
    • I'm talking more like the future of the franchise. Should there be another installment? Personally, I'd like another installment with Korra, and not a new Avatar. Also, I'd like it to have a floating timeline, because the definite passage of time just made the series more confusing.

      In addition, there should be a little more comedy and a little more self-contained episodes.

        Loading editor
    • Zackcart12 wrote:

      Boomubbles wrote:
      My prediction:

      Korra marries Asami. They find some orphan child somewhere and adopt him/her. 70 years pass without any major crises in the world, then Korra dies peacefully in her sleep. The new Avatar is found quickly: Opal.

      Opal can't be the avatar, she's already alive. Unless you mistyped/I misunderstood.

      Opal can't be the only Opal in the Avatar world. Somewhere out there is an unborn Earthbender, Opal.

        Loading editor
    • Um, can we stay on topic please?

        Loading editor
    • Smoke and Shadow! and hopefully Korra Manga to tie up all the loose ends, like end of FMAB.

        Loading editor
    • It had better be better than the finale...

        Loading editor
    • I would love for another two seasons and have the focus be expanding Team Avatar. It would be kind of like Justice League Unlimited where you would have the main group (Korra, Asami, Mako and Bolin) have 2 to 3 episodes with some other characters that contribute to the plot. It would be nice to introduce some new character that would be the fifth member of the group, slightly younger than everyone else and be developed within those two seasons. It would probably be an airbender.

        Loading editor
    • Momentous wrote: I would love for another two seasons and have the focus be expanding Team Avatar. It would be kind of like Justice League Unlimited where you would have the main group (Korra, Asami, Mako and Bolin) have 2 to 3 episodes with some other characters that contribute to the plot. It would be nice to introduce some new character that would be the fifth member of the group, slightly younger than everyone else and be developed within those two seasons. It would probably be an airbender.

      My thought exactly! I'd like a new series where Korra and Team Avatar realize they are not just a team--they're an ideal, and decide to expand their horizons, recruiting new talented members. Anyone who stands up to a bully or tyrant is worthy of being a member of Team Avatar.

      I mean, I realize that with Kuvira defeated, crime will slowly return.

        Loading editor
    • imbalance comics coming soon

        Loading editor
    • I say that there will be no more animated series of Avatar for the moment but I think we are only satisfied with the comics that offer us more advances on the Avatar Universe.

        Loading editor
    • maybe we could get some more prequels instead of a sequel

        Loading editor
    • Babyfriend1 wrote: maybe we could get some more prequels instead of a sequel

      You are right it would be better prequels.

        Loading editor
    • Korra is nothing but trash! It's nothing like this masterpiece. In the original show, in the episode, "The Cave of Two Lovers," of season 2, the city of Omashu was built by a man and a woman named Oma and Shu. Now before they built Omashu, they learned how to Earthbend from the badger moles, and thus became the first earthbenders. But in lok, there was no Omashu, as only lion turtle cities existed back then, yet there were plenty of earthbenders living around that time. How does that make the two shows relevant to each other? Seriously, the sequel is nothing but garbage; the creators lost their minds when creating it.

      Besides, the world of Avatar is only based on Asian and Inuit culture, so why the heck did they decide to add old American culture by adding some jazz? I mean seriously. Oh, and they purposely made the Red Lotus members look like Arabs, which brings up the scent of islamophobia a lot, as well as throws in some irrelevant Middle Eastern culture, not to mention Zaheer and Ghazan are both strong Arabic names (one could argue that they're South Asian, typically from Urdu, but Pakistani names are Arabic names, because the majority of the Pakistani population is muslim and muslims take their names from Arabic. Besides, in the world of Avatar, only a very small percentage of its cultures is derived from South Asian cultures, which definitely does not include names at all). Talk about names, Iknik's middle and last names, Blackstone Varrick do not sound like Asian names at all, because they aren't, as well as Zhu Li's last name, which is Moon. This TV show is truly nothing but garbage, as well as its following comics (A character as well as her bodyguards look completely South Asian, as well as some minor characters, some of which look completely Arabic, which is not something that is a part of the world of Avatar at all. And they butchered the Earth Kingdom in ruins of the empire).

      Now, about the sudden and random population of the sky bison as well as maybe lemurs, where the hell did they all come from?! They just suddenly appeared out of nowhere in Korra as if they were never attacked by the Fire Nation. Now, somewhere in this wiki, it does state that Aang found some bison after the war, but seriously! By common sense and logic, if there really were some bison left, then we should have at least seen or heard about them in a few episodes of the original show, especially in "Appa's Lost Days." But we never did, which logically confirms and concludes that the sky bison are now truly extinct after the tragic death of our fuzzy and cute friend Appa.  As for lemurs, they had a slight advantage on their side against the Fire Nation's attack due to their pretty small size, so it's slightly, a tiny bit unlikely that they are extinct, because of course, as said above, that if there really were some lemurs left, then we should have seen them in at least a few episodes, especially when Team Avatar went to the Air Temples, though at least they were mentioned a few times. But for some reason, in Korra, they look COMPLETELY different from Momo, and we ONLY saw lemurs that looked like Momo, and never like what we saw in Korra.

      Seriously, the world of Korra is so insanely and abnormally different from the world of Aang, which is NOT good at all for a sequel. It should be forgotten as it's such a disgrace and a rip-off for Avatar The Last Airbender, one of the greatest/best TV shows of all time, as well as, of course, for the World of Avatar.

        Loading editor
    • I don't understand why you like to make too long arguments.

        Loading editor
    • he points the long list of bullshit that everyone ignores which ruins the lore

      or you're like the last jedi fans mentality where you say it's good because aesthetics

        Loading editor
    • Maryam101 wrote:
      Korra is nothing but trash! It's nothing like this masterpiece. In the original show, in the episode, "The Cave of Two Lovers," of season 2, the city of Omashu was built by a man and a woman named Oma and Shu. Now before they built Omashu, they learned how to Earthbend from the badger moles, and thus became the first earthbenders. But in lok, there was no Omashu, as only lion turtle cities existed back then, yet there were plenty of earthbenders living around that time. How does that make the two shows relevant to each other? Seriously, the sequel is nothing but garbage; the creators lost their minds when creating it.

      Besides, the world of Avatar is only based on Asian and Inuit culture, so why the heck did they decide to add old American culture by adding some jazz? I mean seriously. Oh, and they purposely made the Red Lotus members look like Arabs, which brings up the scent of islamophobia a lot, as well as throws in some irrelevant Middle Eastern culture, not to mention Zaheer and Ghazan are both strong Arabic names (one could argue that they're South Asian, typically from Urdu, but Pakistani names are Arabic names, because the majority of the Pakistani population is muslim and muslims take their names from Arabic. Besides, in the world of Avatar, only a very small percentage of its cultures is derived from South Asian cultures, which definitely does not include names at all). Talk about names, Iknik's middle and last names, Blackstone Varrick do not sound like Asian names at all, because they aren't, as well as Zhu Li's last name, which is Moon. This TV show is truly nothing but garbage, as well as its following comics (A character as well as her bodyguards look completely South Asian, as well as some minor characters, some of which look completely Arabic, which is not something that is a part of the world of Avatar at all. And they butchered the Earth Kingdom in ruins of the empire).

      Now, about the sudden and random population of the sky bison as well as maybe lemurs, where the hell did they all come from?! They just suddenly appeared out of nowhere in Korra as if they were never attacked by the Fire Nation. Now, somewhere in this wiki, it does state that Aang found some bison after the war, but seriously! By common sense and logic, if there really were some bison left, then we should have at least seen or heard about them in a few episodes of the original show, especially in "Appa's Lost Days." But we never did, which logically confirms and concludes that the sky bison are now truly extinct after the tragic death of our fuzzy and cute friend Appa.  As for lemurs, they had a slight advantage on their side against the Fire Nation's attack due to their pretty small size, so it's slightly, a tiny bit unlikely that they are extinct, because of course, as said above, that if there really were some lemurs left, then we should have seen them in at least a few episodes, especially when Team Avatar went to the Air Temples, though at least they were mentioned a few times. But for some reason, in Korra, they look COMPLETELY different from Momo, and we ONLY saw lemurs that looked like Momo, and never like what we saw in Korra.

      Seriously, the world of Korra is so insanely and abnormally different from the world of Aang, which is NOT good at all for a sequel. It should be forgotten as it's such a disgrace and a rip-off for Avatar The Last Airbender, one of the greatest/best TV shows of all time, as well as, of course, for the World of Avatar.

      You should keep your idiotic opinions to yourself!

      Legend of Korra is a great show so much better than Avatar The Last Airbender, your blinded by nostagla like most LoK haters who boil my blood!

        Loading editor
    • Alright, calm down. No need to get aggressive. Legend of Korra is a great show but no need to let others opinions get to you.

      Honestly, there are many things about Legend of Korra I really like. Potential is one of them. Legend of Korra expanded the world but left it still largely untapped. The setting is great! Normally, I don't like Steam-punk; but this show did it right!

      I also like most of the villains. Unalaq is problably the only one in the show I didn't care for. However, I liked that each villain had an effect on or created the opening for the next villain.

      Lastly, I actually like Korra as the Avatar. She isn't the best Avatar; but she grows into the role.

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote:
      Alright, calm down. No need to get aggressive. Legend of Korra is a great show but no need to let others opinions get to you.

      Honestly, there are many things about Legend of Korra I really like. Potential is one of them. Legend of Korra expanded the world but left it still largely untapped. The setting is great! Normally, I don't like Steam-punk; but this show did it right!

      I also like most of the villains. Unalaq is problably the only one in the show I didn't care for. However, I liked that each villain had an effect on or created the opening for the next villain.

      Lastly, I actually like Korra as the Avatar. She isn't the best Avatar; but she grows into the role.

      That's me being calm, me being aggressives involes a lot of cursing and shouting.

      The only bad things about LoK were not getting to see the Fire Nation in LoK, Varrick not being a villain in later Books after Book 2, not getting more episodes and Asami not getting much character development or screentime in Book 4 in particular, which the comics haven't done a good job of doing either, being kidnapped and brainwashed isn't character development, it's reducing a character into a cliche damsel in distress.

        Loading editor
    • Really?

        Loading editor
    • the only bad things about Lok is it's existence if you're delusional enough to like it's fine just don't spout crap like it's better than avatar because you're just asking for it

      fuck korra it ended so let it die

        Loading editor
    • The only reason I'd let Legend of Korra die is; if we get a new Avatar. Maybe set after Korra's Era.

        Loading editor
    • or maybe completely retcon her wouldn't mind that at all like an avatar that is born on two element factions which conflicts with the avatar tradition that requires to modernize it with the change of the world

      say a water tribe/earth kingdom is the avatar but can barely utilize two of those elements unless he learns all of them

      so he requires to learn fire and air in order to properly bend his main elements

      also season bending a non bender but is spiritually strong can bend the element of the repetitive season

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      the only bad things about Lok is it's existence

      if you're delusional enough to like it's fine just don't spout crap like it's better than avatar because you're just asking for it

      fuck korra it ended so let it die

      LoK is a great, show it existing is not a bad thing you seem to think, in your tiny mind, blinded by your nostalgia of ATLA that you clearly hate LoK cause it's different.

      Calling me delusional that's very petty and goes to show, you should keep your idiotic opinions to yourself!

      I hope the Korra comic's continue on, just to tick you off!

      And suggesting LoK be retconned, that'd get a huge backlash from LoK fans like myself, as well as the LGBT community who'd see the retconning of LoK as pandering to homophobic's who hate the show cause of Korrasami.

        Loading editor
    • We need more The Legend of Korra.

        Loading editor
    • Hong Shen wrote:
      We need more The Legend of Korra.

      100% agreed.

        Loading editor
    • literally just like the last jedi it retcons anything because it's a shitshow anyone can come up with something better than what the sequel has become you're too delusional to accept any flaws and give vague arguments making you even more petty with more moronic opinions the first series had better depth and quotes that spoke in volumes the reboot is completely forgettable and has vague massages

      comparing a series predecessor isn't nostalgia you're suppose to compare between the two unless you're alluding that the lore makes sense if you ignore the whole original series

      I am not suggesting it I am excepting it no one gives a fuck about the main protagonist hooking up with her ex's ex what kind of mentality someone would have to even accept that saying it was naturally developed is ludicrous I hope korra is completely retconned to tick you off even more

      adventure time had better developed relationship than korrasami tried without having the creator blatantly state it or have three long wasteful comic strip to completely confirm it as if they planned it all along

      you must be close minded to think korra had any significance to the lgbt community when adventure time did it way earlier it's just pandered to the shippers what a joke just like it's feeble fans complete jokes

        Loading editor
    • What are you babbling about? All you did was make a hate filled rant. You are entitled to your opinion. We are entitled to ours. We like Legend of Korra.

      Also, stop bringing up the Last Jedi. We get it. You didn't like it either.

        Loading editor
    • Sergio N wrote:
      Maryam101 wrote:
      Korra is nothing but trash! It's nothing like this masterpiece. In the original show, in the episode, "The Cave of Two Lovers," of season 2, the city of Omashu was built by a man and a woman named Oma and Shu. Now before they built Omashu, they learned how to Earthbend from the badger moles, and thus became the first earthbenders. But in lok, there was no Omashu, as only lion turtle cities existed back then, yet there were plenty of earthbenders living around that time. How does that make the two shows relevant to each other? Seriously, the sequel is nothing but garbage; the creators lost their minds when creating it.

      Besides, the world of Avatar is only based on Asian and Inuit culture, so why the heck did they decide to add old American culture by adding some jazz? I mean seriously. Oh, and they purposely made the Red Lotus members look like Arabs, which brings up the scent of islamophobia a lot, as well as throws in some irrelevant Middle Eastern culture, not to mention Zaheer and Ghazan are both strong Arabic names (one could argue that they're South Asian, typically from Urdu, but Pakistani names are Arabic names, because the majority of the Pakistani population is muslim and muslims take their names from Arabic. Besides, in the world of Avatar, only a very small percentage of its cultures is derived from South Asian cultures, which definitely does not include names at all). Talk about names, Iknik's middle and last names, Blackstone Varrick do not sound like Asian names at all, because they aren't, as well as Zhu Li's last name, which is Moon. This TV show is truly nothing but garbage, as well as its following comics (A character as well as her bodyguards look completely South Asian, as well as some minor characters, some of which look completely Arabic, which is not something that is a part of the world of Avatar at all. And they butchered the Earth Kingdom in ruins of the empire).

      Now, about the sudden and random population of the sky bison as well as maybe lemurs, where the hell did they all come from?! They just suddenly appeared out of nowhere in Korra as if they were never attacked by the Fire Nation. Now, somewhere in this wiki, it does state that Aang found some bison after the war, but seriously! By common sense and logic, if there really were some bison left, then we should have at least seen or heard about them in a few episodes of the original show, especially in "Appa's Lost Days." But we never did, which logically confirms and concludes that the sky bison are now truly extinct after the tragic death of our fuzzy and cute friend Appa.  As for lemurs, they had a slight advantage on their side against the Fire Nation's attack due to their pretty small size, so it's slightly, a tiny bit unlikely that they are extinct, because of course, as said above, that if there really were some lemurs left, then we should have seen them in at least a few episodes, especially when Team Avatar went to the Air Temples, though at least they were mentioned a few times. But for some reason, in Korra, they look COMPLETELY different from Momo, and we ONLY saw lemurs that looked like Momo, and never like what we saw in Korra.

      Seriously, the world of Korra is so insanely and abnormally different from the world of Aang, which is NOT good at all for a sequel. It should be forgotten as it's such a disgrace and a rip-off for Avatar The Last Airbender, one of the greatest/best TV shows of all time, as well as, of course, for the World of Avatar.

      You should keep your idiotic opinions to yourself!

      Legend of Korra is a great show so much better than Avatar The Last Airbender, your blinded by nostagla like most LoK haters who boil my blood!

      Calling me "blinded by nostalgia" doesn't even make sense bro, as I'm also a huge fan of Jumanji; I love all of the movies equally despite its sequel taking a whole different path than the first one, which I still loved very much as that's usually how sequels of stories work, plus I can't wait for Jumanji: Endgame to come out soon. Did you even read what I posted? Even though LOK may seem like another legendary success like its predecessor, there were crucial things that made it appear to be taking place in a whole different world than ATLA, which is not good for a sequel at all, and you guys should all be aware of that. Sure you can admire LOK's epic story plots and advanced fighting scenes, but that doesn't mean that you can always avoid the greediness and impatience that comes with publishing a different work that seems to be way better than the original one, as the creators wanted to make something that was bigger and better so that they can attract more fans and more money. When people want to make a sequel of one of the greatest stories of all time, they want to make sure that it's "bigger" and "better" than the original work. But the big mistake that people make is that, they forget about how the original work's plot as well as its world flowed along with the story, which results in the sequel to actually be occuring in a different world than the original work, which is what Bryke unfortunately couldn't make it out of. In order to make the best sequels and prequels, you have got to always remember and keep in mind how the original work's flow worked along skillfully and affectively with its world and plot, as well as its characters, so that when the sequel or prequel is told, its flow of its world and plot will be parallel to that of the original work, but unique at the same time as it tells a different legendary story.  

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      literally just like the last jedi it retcons anything because it's a shitshow

      anyone can come up with something better than what the sequel has become you're too delusional to accept any flaws and give vague arguments making you even more petty with more moronic opinions the first series had better depth and quotes that spoke in volumes the reboot is completely forgettable and has vague massages

      comparing a series predecessor isn't nostalgia you're suppose to compare between the two unless you're alluding that the lore makes sense if you ignore the whole original series

      I am not suggesting it I am excepting it no one gives a fuck about the main protagonist hooking up with her ex's ex what kind of mentality someone would have to even accept that saying it was naturally developed is ludicrous I hope korra is completely retconned to tick you off even more

      adventure time had better developed relationship than korrasami tried without having the creator blatantly state it or have three long wasteful comic strip to completely confirm it as if they planned it all along

      you must be close minded to think korra had any significance to the lgbt community when adventure time did it way earlier it's just pandered to the shippers what a joke just like it's feeble fans complete jokes

      Apparently you are one of those fans who defend Avatar: The Last Airbender a lot by saying that it is the best series and that The Legend of Korra is inferior only because of the fact that the creators lost the original essence of the series for which many are pointing their decline in saying that they ruined the avatar universe and that everything is the fault of lesbianism in the series.

        Loading editor
    • legend of korra IS inferior because they lack the vital vision and heart just like the originals so it's natural to compare and contrast to it's original how it's complete dogshit if it's SUPPOSED to be a sequel that's how it works

      are you exactly like last jedi defenders who insinuate why the majority dislikes the sequel because of progression, did you even read the whole thing when I referenced the lesbian couple in adventure time or do you intentionally disregard most of my points and straw manned the part where I critiqued it?

      seriously it's eerie how your response method is the exact same way of last jedi shills

        Loading editor
    • OK, enough with bringing up the Last Jedi. We get it. You didn't like it. At least use other examples.

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      legend of korra IS inferior because they lack the vital vision and heart just like the originals

      so it's natural to compare and contrast to it's original how it's complete dogshit if it's SUPPOSED to be a sequel that's how it works

      are you exactly like last jedi defenders who insinuate why the majority dislikes the sequel because of progression, did you even read the whole thing when I referenced the lesbian couple in adventure time or do you intentionally disregard most of my points and straw manned the part where I critiqued it?

      seriously it's eerie how your response method is the exact same way of last jedi shills

      You only compare with your inconsistencies without knowing the decline of the creators with respect to the work done in both series.

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      legend of korra IS inferior because they lack the vital vision and heart just like the originals

      so it's natural to compare and contrast to it's original how it's complete dogshit if it's SUPPOSED to be a sequel that's how it works

      are you exactly like last jedi defenders who insinuate why the majority dislikes the sequel because of progression, did you even read the whole thing when I referenced the lesbian couple in adventure time or do you intentionally disregard most of my points and straw manned the part where I critiqued it?

      seriously it's eerie how your response method is the exact same way of last jedi shills

      Look keep your idiotic opinions to yourself. Legend of Korra is a great show, that's better than ATLA, nothing you say will change my mind of that and it's a lot better then the Star Wars sequel trilogy, all three films TFA, TLJ and TROS are big piles of dogshit! It's blasmphey to even compare a great show like LoK to such crap like that!

        Loading editor
    • The tone of this discussion is becoming disrespectful and drifting into insults. Can I request that everyone get back to the topic of the thread, namely how the story will progress beyond the end of TLoK and the comics.

        Loading editor
    • If we got a new Avatar (possibly set after Korra); I'd like to see a Sun Warrior be apart of Team Avatar. That, and I'd like to see how the Sun Warriors home has changed since Zuko became Fire Lord. I bet he helped them rebuild.

      I'd also like to see Lightningbending get expanded on. Give it some new moves.

      Lastly, I think it'd be cool to see "Soundbending" as an official Airbending style. Airbending doesn't have many sub/special forms.

        Loading editor
    • I hope there are new things in the Avatar Universe.

        Loading editor
    • Ultimately, we all have our own opinions. Mine is that although we want it, there will be no more Avatar on tv. It just won’t happen. Where will they go next? They’ve already started on lok comics, do I certainly do not think there will be more korra UNLESS it’s set about 20 years in the future. I think if any more. Comes out it’s likely to be on a completely new avatar but I am a bit cautious about what that would bring to the franchise. Oh, and to answer an earlier rant, I think that A:TLA is better than LOK but they are both really good programmes

        Loading editor
    • Torresp wrote:
      Um, can we stay on topic please?

      No.

        Loading editor
    • Here is an interesting question; If the series continued and they added other elements (seperate from the 4) what do you think they could be and how could they go about introducing them? They could be any element that isn't tied to the 4.

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote:
      Here is an interesting question; If the series continued and they added other elements (seperate from the 4) what do you think they could be and how could they go about introducing them? They could be any element that isn't tied to the 4.

      Don't you know about the fifth element? They could use that to spread the message of loving each other no matter what race we are, cause after all, the Fire Nation was pretty racist in the beginning of the show.  

        Loading editor
    • I'm guessing a Captain Planet reference? Heart?

        Loading editor
    • We’ve had series on Aang and Korra and books on Kyoshi. So what about a series on Roku??

        Loading editor
    • We got to see a summery of his life and death. I don't even think he had a "Team Avatar". Even if he did; they were never mentioned. I'd rather go after Korra. Just hope that it wouldn't be too "modern". Keep some slight Steam-punk and pre-modern. That, and add more fantastical like the Spirits. Maybe have wandering soul of the departed for them to help?

        Loading editor
    • I'm not picky about which avatar it is. With a good story you can make any of them work

        Loading editor
    • What new threats or big changes would you like to see?

      I think expanding on the Red Lotus as a reacurring enemy of the Avatar.

      I think maybe introducing more Human/Spirit hybrid characters could be interesting. We saw 1 in Wan's lifetime and 1 in Korra's comic.

      Maybe another powerful Evil Spirit?

      I would like to see Plantbending get more attention too. Last time we saw a proper Plantbender was in the Swamp during Aang's Era.

      Maybe they could introduce technology that allows for Non-Benders to become Artificial Benders? They would likely still require the use of the technology to Bend. Almost the Asami's electro glove; but more high tech and closer to Bending?

        Loading editor
    • Ultimately, Avatar is such a good programme with such a brilliant team that they could go pretty much anywhere in the Avatar timeline and still be able to make a great plot with exciting character arcs.

        Loading editor
    • I'm legitimately surprised we haven't heard the announcement of a new Last Airbender book trilogy yet.

      I don't give a lick about Korra, but these TLA book trilogies have set up way too many plot threads and developments that have yet to properly pay off, we definitely need it to continue.

        Loading editor
    • I agree, but where do you think the trilogy will go? I think that it would be really interesting for the creators to look at the Air Acolytes and how they have developed since ‘The Promise’. We see their leaders in ‘The Rift’ but I think it would be great to see where the rest of them now live, how they behave, and what they now spend their time doing. Have they moved to the air temples yet, or do they still live in the Earth Kingdom? These questions I would really like to see answered in future comics.

        Loading editor
    • I don’t agree with the ‘don’t give a lick about Korra’ though, I like Korra and both shows are great. I think A:TLA is better due to more complex character arcs but both shows are great additions to the Avatar universe. The creation that wasn’t a good addition to Avatar was the live action movie. That’s my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • Aang on a sec wrote:
      Ultimately, we all have our own opinions. Mine is that although we want it, there will be no more Avatar on tv. It just won’t happen. Where will they go next? They’ve already started on lok comics, do I certainly do not think there will be more korra UNLESS it’s set about 20 years in the future. I think if any more. Comes out it’s likely to be on a completely new avatar but I am a bit cautious about what that would bring to the franchise. Oh, and to answer an earlier rant, I think that A:TLA is better than LOK but they are both really good programmes

      You are right since I doubt that they want to expand the avatar universe in any audiovisual material but I still think the same as you.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah I think you’re right. Of course they’re doing the live action remake of the initial series but I don’t think the creators will look at audiovisual content on any new Avatars.

        Loading editor
    • Aang on a sec wrote:
      Yeah I think you’re right. Of course they’re doing the live action remake of the initial series but I don’t think the creators will look at audiovisual content on any new Avatars.

      But don't settle for the graphic novels of both avatars.

        Loading editor
    • Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • Depends on whether Netflix is looking at a "reboot" or "adaptation." If it's the latter, then the success of the ATLA show could lead to new content... hopefully.

      I would want a series on a third Avatar as my first choice. Hopefully on a network better than Nick, it would be given enough time to plan everything out (I love Korra, and yes it was spotty in some places -- but that's because it was originally going to be a miniseries that quickly got renewed without giving enough time for Bryke to re-plan).

      I wouldn't reject a Roku series, but seeing as we have an overview of his life I think it could be retreading old ground a little bit. But there is scope to be creative with his life: Sud and Gyatso could be important to his story, perhaps Ta Min and Sozin, or a plethora of characters he didn't have time to cover in the 10 minute summary of his life to Aang.

      I would also love a Yangchen book series once the Kyoshi novels are done. For more outlandish concepts I would go with: an anthology series or a "history book" giving an overview of all the Avatars from Wan to Korra, or a story about a completely different time period -- maybe the time of Guru Laghima and Shoken, for example.

        Loading editor
    • With what you say that explains the reason why The Legend of Korra had its decline for not planning it well and it is Nick's fault to want to change his plans, also if it would be good to see how the avatar universe continues to expand without the need to bring new audiovisual materials.

        Loading editor
    • hopefully it's legacy goes forgotten just like the last jedi

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      hopefully it's legacy goes forgotten

      just like the last jedi

      Not all of us are Star Wars fans you know. No offence but it's kind of annoying how you always bring it up especially when there are some folks like me who have never seen and don't watch Star Wars. 

        Loading editor
    • no offense but who cares whether a minute minority knows about it

      it's funny because it's true they both ruined the franchise if they are fully analyzed fuck both of them

        Loading editor
    • You're obsessed with it as an example. Let it go. Or at the very least; keep that to your self. There are other examples you could use.

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote: no offense but who cares whether a minute minority knows about it

      it's funny because it's true they both ruined the franchise if they are fully analyzed fuck both of them

      Can you stop swearing please. It’s not appropriate and not funny.

        Loading editor
    • Let's try to stay on topic, too. No problem with criticism or mentioning non-Avatar things for sake of comparison, but can get a little tiring seeing so many posts from the same person comparing Avatar to a different franchise I don't care much for.

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      no offense but who cares whether a minute minority knows about it

      it's funny because it's true they both ruined the franchise if they are fully analyzed fuck both of them

      Apparently you like to create problems where there are none!

        Loading editor
    • apparently you don't know anything as long as you're keep being delusional

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote: apparently you don't know anything as long as you're keep being delusional

      Come on. Seriously?

        Loading editor
    • I have asked before that this discussion be kept respectful. Throwing insults at other users for their views is not helping anyone. If this thread cannot be kept on topic, it will end up being closed.

        Loading editor
    • Guys everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is wrong or right. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED AN OPINION.

      Personally I love both ATLA and LOK. I prefer the group-on-a-journey storyline of ATLA, but I like the characters of LOK better.

      also would y'all please stop trashing The Last Jedi. I get it, you don't like it, but I am a huge Star Wars fan and it was my favorite SW movie. I should be able to have that opinion without being screamed at or asked if I'm a 'real fan' (not that last part on this thread but others and that seems like that's the way this one is going)

      JUST LET EVERYONE LIKE WHAT THEY LIKE AND STOP BEING SUCH JERKS ABOUT IT. RESPECT. PLEASE.

        Loading editor
    • Eclipse171 wrote:
      Guys everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is wrong or right. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED AN OPINION.

      Personally I love both ATLA and LOK. I prefer the group-on-a-journey storyline of ATLA, but I like the characters of LOK better.

      also would y'all please stop trashing The Last Jedi. I get it, you don't like it, but I am a huge Star Wars fan and it was my favorite SW movie. I should be able to have that opinion without being screamed at or asked if I'm a 'real fan' (not that last part on this thread but others and that seems like that's the way this one is going)

      JUST LET EVERYONE LIKE WHAT THEY LIKE AND STOP BEING SUCH JERKS ABOUT IT. RESPECT. PLEASE.

      Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

        Loading editor
    • Stay on topic.

      I'd like maybe the Avatar to have a sibling; older or younger. Siblings have always been a big apart of Avatar. Why not give the Avatar a sibling?

        Loading editor
    • Relativus wrote:
      Eclipse171 wrote:
      Guys everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is wrong or right. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED AN OPINION.

      Personally I love both ATLA and LOK. I prefer the group-on-a-journey storyline of ATLA, but I like the characters of LOK better.

      also would y'all please stop trashing The Last Jedi. I get it, you don't like it, but I am a huge Star Wars fan and it was my favorite SW movie. I should be able to have that opinion without being screamed at or asked if I'm a 'real fan' (not that last part on this thread but others and that seems like that's the way this one is going)

      JUST LET EVERYONE LIKE WHAT THEY LIKE AND STOP BEING SUCH JERKS ABOUT IT. RESPECT. PLEASE.

      Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

      Maybe I should but I won't. You should feel bad for insulting people, but I doubt you'll do that either.

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote:
      Stay on topic.

      I'd like maybe the Avatar to have a sibling; older or younger. Siblings have always been a big apart of Avatar. Why not give the Avatar a sibling?

      OH MY GOD!!! YES! Let's honor the beauty and richness of siblings by giving at least the main protagonist one as I'm a bit ashamed that most heros of legendary franchises don't have any siblings. Honestly, I wish that Aang had at least one half-sibling who unfortunately perished during the Air Nomad Genocide, but that sibling's spirit still lives within the Spirit World, and that maybe as Aang's life peacefully fades away into the Spirit World, he finds his half-sibling and they discuss about each others' lives and how they went through all the hardships together. 

        Loading editor
    • Eclipse171 wrote:

      Relativus wrote:
      Eclipse171 wrote:
      Guys everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is wrong or right. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED AN OPINION.

      Personally I love both ATLA and LOK. I prefer the group-on-a-journey storyline of ATLA, but I like the characters of LOK better.

      also would y'all please stop trashing The Last Jedi. I get it, you don't like it, but I am a huge Star Wars fan and it was my favorite SW movie. I should be able to have that opinion without being screamed at or asked if I'm a 'real fan' (not that last part on this thread but others and that seems like that's the way this one is going)

      JUST LET EVERYONE LIKE WHAT THEY LIKE AND STOP BEING SUCH JERKS ABOUT IT. RESPECT. PLEASE.

      Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

      Maybe I should but I won't. You should feel bad for insulting people, but I doubt you'll do that either.

      Can you both just stop. This is an Avatar thread and if you want to talk about Star Wars or insult each other please just do it somewhere else.

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      no offense but who cares whether a minute minority knows about it

      it's funny because it's true they both ruined the franchise if they are fully analyzed fuck both of them

      LoK hasn't ruined the Avatar franchise like you claim it has. And calling people delusional who think diffently like myself who really likes LoK and prefers it over ATLA just shows how immature you are.

      And while I also hate the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy in altogether, stop mentioning it.

      If you can't keep from ranting about how bad LoK is your in tiny mind, maybe you should stay away from this thread!

        Loading editor
    • Sergio N wrote:
      If you can't keep from ranting about how bad LoK is your in tiny mind, maybe you should stay away from this thread!

      This comment is also similarly inappropriate. Please can everyone drop this argument and get back to the topic of the thread.

        Loading editor
    • HammerOfThor wrote:

      Sergio N wrote:
      If you can't keep from ranting about how bad LoK is your in tiny mind, maybe you should stay away from this thread!

      This comment is also similarly inappropriate. Please can everyone drop this argument and get back to the topic of the thread.

      What about Plank2x4 calling people who like LoK such as myself deluded, that's very inappeopiate! Plus makes me mad, same with him wanting LoK retconned!

        Loading editor
    • And they were given the same warning. That another user is acting disrespectful does not mean you should do the same.

        Loading editor
    • Right. Back to the thread. Do we think Avatar and Legend of Korra will make any new content other than the graphic novels and the live action remake.

        Loading editor
    • think it depends on how the Live Action remake is recieved.

        Loading editor
    • Plank2x4 wrote:
      apparently you don't know anything

      as long as you're keep being delusional

      You don't know anything either because what you say is not relevant and you just want to call attention to your inconsistencies.

        Loading editor
    • Oh for goodness sake just stop both of you. It’s over. If you want to argue don’t do it on this thread. It’s annoying and boring and pointless.

        Loading editor
    • Aang on a sec wrote:
      Oh for goodness sake just stop both of you. It’s over. If you want to argue don’t do it on this thread. It’s annoying and boring and pointless.

      I was not the one who started the discussion.

        Loading editor
    • HammerOfThor wrote:
      Please can everyone drop this argument and get back to the topic of the thread.

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote: Stay on topic.

      I'd like maybe the Avatar to have a sibling; older or younger. Siblings have always been a big apart of Avatar. Why not give the Avatar a sibling?

      That'd be a great dynamic. In my own (scrapped) fanon concept for the next Avatar, he would have an older sister called Jade who'd managed to get mixed up with the Creeping Crystals -- it'd be a Republic City-based story where the Avatar is born into poverty and isn't discovered until a teenager (Korra having left a will that the Avatar should have a "normal" childhood, since she spent so much of her time holed up in a compound).

        Loading editor
    • Kassilon wrote:

      Zealous Gamer wrote: Stay on topic.

      I'd like maybe the Avatar to have a sibling; older or younger. Siblings have always been a big apart of Avatar. Why not give the Avatar a sibling?

      That'd be a great dynamic. In my own (scrapped) fanon concept for the next Avatar, he would have an older sister called Jade who'd managed to get mixed up with the Creeping Crystals -- it'd be a Republic City-based story where the Avatar is born into poverty and isn't discovered until a teenager (Korra having left a will that the Avatar should have a "normal" childhood, since she spent so much of her time holed up in a compound).

      That would be interesting. Maybe even someone with a pretty big family (related to the Beifongs?)

        Loading editor
    • I don't think we need more characters related to the Original casts family. Maybe we could still see Zuko's family (as the Fire Lord's line would still be important). But, I think a mostly new cast would be best. Maybe introduce characters from lesser known groups (Foggy Swamp Waterbender, Sandbender, Sun Warrior, Non Monk Airbender etc.)?

        Loading editor
    • Kassilon wrote:

      Zealous Gamer wrote: Stay on topic.

      I'd like maybe the Avatar to have a sibling; older or younger. Siblings have always been a big apart of Avatar. Why not give the Avatar a sibling?

      That'd be a great dynamic. In my own (scrapped) fanon concept for the next Avatar, he would have an older sister called Jade who'd managed to get mixed up with the Creeping Crystals -- it'd be a Republic City-based story where the Avatar is born into poverty and isn't discovered until a teenager (Korra having left a will that the Avatar should have a "normal" childhood, since she spent so much of her time holed up in a compound).

      Love it! 

        Loading editor
    • Zealous Gamer wrote: I don't think we need more characters related to the Original casts family. Maybe we could still see Zuko's family (as the Fire Lord's line would still be important). But, I think a mostly new cast would be best. Maybe introduce characters from lesser known groups (Foggy Swamp Waterbender, Sandbender, Sun Warrior, Non Monk Airbender etc.)?

      LoK had a pretty nice balance. Korra's core Team Avatar (Mako, Bolin, and Asami) were all new people, with the original Team Avatar's relatives providing more support/guidance roles.

      If there is anyone from LoK's cast I would want in the show, it would be Jinora. In my mind Korra lives a long time but Jinora would have to be even older by now. She would have the title of Guru and be the retired leader of the Air Nation and would be the spiritual guide to the next Avatar, and maybe she could provide some dramatic sacrifice at some point.

      We could for sure see some descendants of the original cast (some Metal Clan Beifongs in Zaofu, a Sato-Korra descendant in Republic City) but I wouldn't want them in the principal Team Avatar.

      And yeah, I think a Beifong Avatar would be a step too far. People can have big families without having an important lineage (take Mako and Bolin for instance) and it might feel a little tired to have another Avatar from an important family so soon (Roku was from an important noble family, Korra's father was the banished heir to the Water Tribes). Which is why I prefer the concept of an Avatar from a poorer family where Korra trying to undo her sheltered upbringing leaves her successor kind of aimless in some ways.

      A non-monk airbender could be interesting. So a descendant of one of the new airbenders who refused to learn with Tenzin, who later had children, and the airbending resurfaced later on? Could be interesting. Foggy Swamp, Sun Warrior & Sandbender characters could be good, and seeing how the technological changes could be threatening their ways of life. I think those cultures could better be suited to a Team Avatar that takes place in the past rather than the future though.

        Loading editor
    • I'd be very interested to see if Firelord Zuko helped the Sun Warriors rebuild at all.

        Loading editor
    • Well he's not actually the Fire lord anymore so he probably has more time to

      But I do think Izumi would

        Loading editor
    • Eclipse171 wrote: Well he's not actually the Fire lord anymore so he probably has more time to

      But I do think Izumi would

      I think Zealous Gamer meant if it happened between LoK and ATLA in Zuko's 67 year reign. We never saw them in LoK, so it's up in the air.

      In fact, the Sun Warriors could make for a pretty interesting ATLA trilogy, but I kind of expect more stories about Cranefish Town / Republic City going forward.

        Loading editor
    • It seems to be a very long argument.

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.