FANDOM


  • When Opal is first introduced to Team Avatar she mentions her mother told her many stories about her Aunt Lin, however...

    -Su and Lin did not interact for 30 years, thus Su wouldnt have stories about Lin during that time frame

    -30 years before, Su was corrupt as shown in Old Wounds, it would be hard for Su to tell a story without making her look bad


    What kind of stories did Su tell Opal about Lin? That time I deflected an metal rope and broke Lin's face? When Lin tried to arrest me for stealing all the cookies in the cookie jar? Laughing at Lin breaking up with Tenizen? Beating Lin's ex Boyfriend at a competition of who has the most kids?

    WHAT... WHAT did Su tell her children?

      Loading editor
    • Well they may have had some good times at some point

        Loading editor
    • Sokkafan99 wrote:
      Well they may have had some good times at some point

      Honestly... I really doubt it looking at E5&6

        Loading editor
    • I know but there has to be point where they got along. I mean maybe when Su was little

        Loading editor
    • Maybe Toph told Su about all the things that Lin did. Su did say that she and Toph reconciled.

        Loading editor
    • The Wikia Editor wrote:
      Maybe Toph told Su about all the things that Lin did. Su did say that she and Toph reconciled.

      When Korra had Opal confront Lin, she says "I heard so many great things from Mom and Grandma Toph"

      She specifies 2 different people. If Toph told Su what Lin did, those 2 would have the same stories

        Loading editor
    • Thinklogic wrote:
      The Wikia Editor wrote:
      Maybe Toph told Su about all the things that Lin did. Su did say that she and Toph reconciled.
      When Korra had Opal confront Lin, she says "I heard so many great things from Mom and Grandma Toph"

      She specifies 2 different people. If Toph told Su what Lin did, those 2 would have the same stories

      Maybe Su had heard stories of her sister's activities from a different source. Perhaps people who have travelled between the cities or something.

        Loading editor
    • I think Su might've had rose-colored spectacles in her storytelling, as long as she wasn't actually /around/ her sister, in the same way childhood stories may be funny despite them being upsetting at the time.

      Lin, at least, admitted to something similar about toph - "I thought, 'maybe I should try and reach out to Mom again' ... I [now] remember why we stopped talking".

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.