FANDOM


  • It has been stated many times many times and in many places that azula is the only person to use fire that is not the normal orange color. however, i noticed something - in the scene of the original series finale when the imperial firebenders are launching large blasts of flame to burn down the forest in the earth kindgdom, and the "camera" is panning left, some of the firebenders on the airships are shooting powerful, narrow streams of white fire that widens and cools to the normal orange as it gets farther from the imperial bender. the point of me bringing this up is that i'm suggesting that we change the places on this wiki that say [only azula has been shown creating hotter-than-normal flame] to say that [other firebenders have been seen using the technique during the passing of sozin's comet.]

      Loading editor
    • I took a look at some of the screenshots and I'm not seeing any white flames at all - it may very well be just the lighting giving an appearance of white fire.

        Loading editor
    • it's the scene right after ozai says "you can't hide in there forever" and before sokka tells toph to "metalbend the rudder" when the "camera" is panning left - you may have to rewatch it, i don't think screenshots will get it.

        Loading editor
    • actually this didn't do too bad a job showing it

        Loading editor
    • It also could just be the tail of the blast and not part of the fire itself. It looks disproportionate with the flame.

        Loading editor
    • That's merely the start of the fire stream, added to emphasize how the comet affects a firebender's power overall. If they would truly be bending white flames, the entire stream would be white.

        Loading editor
    • not necessarily - they are using the power of the comet to amp up their firebending to the point of it being white - the reason it turns orange later is because of how far it is from the bender. they knew it would dissipate as it got farther from them, so they started with white fire.

        Loading editor
    • It wouldn't dissipate that fast. Like Azula set that building in Tu Zin afire: the flames tuned yellow over time, but not that fast. Given that it is only a very minor portion of the fire stream, it would be a great deal of speculation to actually claim that it is white fire as a whole as opposed to just part of a normal, albeit stronger, comet-charged fire stream.

        Loading editor
    • hhmmmm... i see your point on speculation. so perhaps we could include on those pages that the [only azula has done it] fact is debateable?

        Loading editor
    • What's the point of that? The only "proof" that there is, is a very minor bit of a fire stream during special circumstances as opposed to something that has been actually proven time and time again.

        Loading editor
    • nope the white you're saying it's not white at all. It's just to far away and they made it that way to show us that because of the power boost from Sozin's comet the little fire become huge.  Hence the "white" fire. They had to make it another color to show were it starts and stuff. 

      You could say if you want that the dragons that Aang and Zuko encounter produce hotter fire than normal firebenders. But since they are the original firebenders I don't think it really counts.

        Loading editor
    • True, and considering the heat that comes off of white flame, I doubt any firebender would be able to control that sort of blaze. The collateral damage to the bender due to the incredible heat would likely be too great.

        Loading editor
    • You're trying to hard to prove something that isn't there.

        Loading editor
    • i think other benders might have different coloured fire- it cant just be azula herself that can do it

        Loading editor
    • Color reflects heat so I doubt anyone can create a flame hot enough to surpass blues (besides the dragons). Also welcome dasdas1 as I see you are a new wikkian.

        Loading editor
    • It also has to do with the persona of the bender; Azula was pure evil and deadly (more so than the fire lord imo). Blue fire is normally viewed as a much hotter fire. I think something  can be figured out with those small patches of information.

        Loading editor
    • From the Search P1, it is reveiled that Azula is the product of two powerful bloodlines: the royal family and Roku's. The blue, I think, is first of all a reflection of power that she possesses. 

      I also think that her disposition also plays a part aswell. From the very beginning she has been malice and sadistic. However, Ozai is aswell, so that doesn't explain it. She was, however, crazy, completely lossing it in the end.

      I am now solely speculating. If Ursa was a bender, I suspect her flames would be a different colour aswell. I am expecting an answer to that in the upcoming installments of The Search.

        Loading editor
    • She is very much exceptionally intelligent, exceptionally talented and she will make happen whatever it takes to provide successful admiration to herself expect actions which put her to dangerous position for her positive successful and her incredibly respectful image which resembles that of God. She isn't anywhere as Ozai who was still loyal to his father and he just became the classic mwahahahaha power-hungry world domination guy. Azula was born dominating and aggressive without showing anger or having any sign of anger which is normal emotion. She always had a smile which was either product of her charming manipulation or a way to make fun of someone. She was worse criminal than a murderer even though she didn't have to kill, she just Azuled them.

        Loading editor
    • The term for the blue-colored Firebending is actually called Lightening Bending, and it's definitely a ability for other Firebenders to learn, but it just takes a much more advanced skill to do so. But it's not at all impossible for someone besides Azula to be able to bend that way, just a seriously advanced bender who can control lightening the way she does.

        Loading editor
    • Emilia Da'len
      Emilia Da'len removed this reply because:
      error
      04:16, June 9, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • The colour blue comes from Azula's cold approach of things and how see views the world.

        Loading editor
    • Sukigirl17 wrote:
      The term for the blue-colored Firebending is actually called Lightening Bending

      no, there's definitely a difference between lightning (electricity, which is flowing electrons) and blue fire (a combustion reaction, that's simply hotter than the normal orange/yellow flame)

      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blue+fire

        Loading editor
    • In a scientific sense, yes, you are correct. But in Azula's case, her characteristic blue flames is a symbol of her great power and how it tends to keep increasing. It accounted her ability to create and direct lightening, or as some call, the "cold blooded fire". If you don't believe me, you can read up on her page right here. Her ability is indeed a sense of being able to bend and control Lightening.

        Loading editor
    • So not just a protege but a inventor of another element bending! HAIL Fire Lord Azula! :p

        Loading editor
    • Emilia Da'len wrote:
      So not just a protege but a inventor of another element bending! HAIL Fire Lord Azula! :p

      definitely not another element...

      @sukigirl

      fire and lightning are seperate - lightnign is a subskill, while fire is....well, fire. also, atla/lok, while fantasy, does follow most scientific laws of the real world. as a piece of literature, yes, her blue fire is symbolic of her great power. however, it has nothing to do with lightning or her ability to generate it. they happen to be the same color by coincidence. also, as stated by iroh, one cannot control lightning, only create and guide it.

      as far as the wiki's page for azula, it merly states that her apathy, which means her lack of caring about other people, allowed her to generate lightning. this makes sense because she drew her firebending from rage and agression. the fact that she uses blue fire has nothing to do with her lightning abilities.

        Loading editor
    • Azula is a firebending prodigy, and used her precision to bend blue fire, have you notice that when she's sending fireblasts from her hands she only uses two fingers? I suppose an even more focused bender could create white fire, it's a cool concept; but i dont think Bryke would make it happen

        Loading editor
    • My bro told me that she bended blue fire because she had so much evil in her. I don't think thats completely true so how can she bend blue? Is just unique/uncommon? It can't be a born with thing because in flashbacks she bends red/orange so what is the reason?

        Loading editor
    • Well, actually it could be possible since we learned in the episode where Aang and Zuko went to learn (Aang) and re-learn (Zuko) firebending that fire can be different colors so this is possible 

        Loading editor
    • Green would be cool.

        Loading editor
    • Weltall8000 wrote:
      Green would be cool.

      Long Feng had green fire in his little 'layer'. Therefore, proving that there is green fire. Who actually knows if humans can bend it though.

        Loading editor
    • Way to necromance a thread. Dragon fire is the only naturally multi-colored fire. Green fire as seen in Ba Sing Se isn't naturally green, that's because of the fuel they used for the fire. It's basically a flame test.

        Loading editor
    • How Is that a bad thing?

        Loading editor
    • Zuko was shown to use green fire (albeit it mixed in with regular fire) in Smoke and Shadow Part 1. So it might be a possibility that Roku and Sozin's bloodline are helping with that. I think she's able to bend blue fire because Azula was very ambitious and intelligent. Two traits that create a prodigy and a very successful person (but it does very much bring out sociopathic tendencies). But in all honestly, I think practice and precision are the keys to mastering that kind of fire.

        Loading editor
    • 81cheney wrote:
      Weltall8000 wrote:
      Green would be cool.
      Long Feng had green fire in his little 'layer'. Therefore, proving that there is green fire. Who actually knows if humans can bend it though.

      It's actually the green crystals in the Long Feng's fire place that make the flames appear green.

        Loading editor
    • The more evil you are the more the colors change!!! jk 

        Loading editor
    • Ozai should have rainbow fire, then.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote:
      Ozai should have rainbow fire, then.

      Well if they ever remake Avatar The Last Airbender 50 years from now with super realistic drawing then lets hope he does! My request is Ozai with Rainbow Fire! (lets hope they find this forum years later)

        Loading editor
    • Like someone else said, Zuko produced fire that wasn't just orange (green, and I think purple too, mixed with the typical orange), A.K.A. dragon fire. I'm sure there are other firebenders who could do that, too. It seems like it's something that only comes from being in an intense situation where you would need a lot of power, but that might not necessarily be the case. As for fire that's not orange at all, I'm not sure... Azula's fire burns hotter because she's a natural born prodigy, and her mentality might have something to do with it, too. It would be cool to see another firebender who could produce flames that are purely blue or some other color, but at the same time I want it to be just Azula's thing. I guess if it were a color other than blue, it'd be okay. 

        Loading editor
    • The Air Nomad Critic wrote:
      True, and considering the heat that comes off of white flame, I doubt any firebender would be able to control that sort of blaze. The collateral damage to the bender due to the incredible heat would likely be too great.

      I know old comment, but Azula shouldn't have the slightest problems to handle white flames, cause blue flames are far hotter.

        Loading editor
    • He Who Knows 10,000 Things wrote:
      Azula is a firebending prodigy, and used her precision to bend blue fire, have you notice that when she's sending fireblasts from her hands she only uses two fingers? I suppose an even more focused bender could create white fire, it's a cool concept; but i dont think Bryke would make it happen

      Like i said before, blue is hotter than white, so it would be a less focused bender.

        Loading editor
    • When we saw the fire created by dragons we saw alot of colors green pink orange blue white but when it comes to power the three strongest fires are probably blue, white and if it exist which it probably those black fire (do i really have expalin why it would be strongest when most time in any anime or cartoon the most powerful fire is usually black (if it doesn't represent darkness)

        Loading editor
    • I guess it's hypothetically possible for a spirit to create black fire--spirits, always the Wildcard Answer--but not through firebending. Naruto is full of nonsensical things because it's a lowest common denominator anime, don't expect to see black fire or blades of solid lightning or whatever in a classy series like Avatar.

        Loading editor
    • Neo Bahamut wrote: I guess it's hypothetically possible for a spirit to create black fire--spirits, always the Wildcard Answer--but not through firebending. Naruto is full of nonsensical things because it's a lowest common denominator anime, don't expect to see black fire or blades of solid lightning or whatever in a classy series like Avatar.

      Once again proveing you a trolling another discussion especially with that comment about naruto

        Loading editor
    • See, I told you we'd be speaking again soon. You just can't resist me, though you did hold out longer than I expected. Believe it or not, having a different (often more correct) opinion than you is not trolling. They're not going to do black fire, that makes no sense. The whole reason they go through the trouble of explaining things like how Toph is able to metalbend by pulling on "earthen impurities," as well as things like having the lavabending linked to earth (as opposed to fire) or plantbending linked to water (as opposed to earth or its own element), is because they want the bending system to be grounded in a sense of plausibility. Black fire is not plausible, because fire is a reaction that emits heat & light, & therefore cannot be black. The only way it might possibly happen is with the spirits, because they run on a completely different rule set. Even then, I'm inclined to say it's such a tired trope that they'd probably find it lame, kind of like how they avoided transformation power ups. Though I guess that raises the question of exactly how fresh is 4 elements powers?

        Loading editor
    • mabye fire color differs from bender to bender, but since blue fire has such intense heat it is very rare. 

        Loading editor
    • An anonymous contributor
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.