After a lapse of 100 years, the Avatar—spiritual master of the elements—has returned. And just in the nick of time. The Four Nations (Water, Earth, Fire, and Air) have become unbalanced.
The Fire Nation wants to rule the world, and its first conquest will be the Northern Water Tribe. It's up to a 12-year-old Airbender named Aang to find a way to stop it. Join Aang, Katara, Sokka, Momo, and Appa as they head north on the adventure of a lifetime.
Book 1 Water; Disc 1
- "The Boy in the Iceberg"
- "The Avatar Returns"
- "The Southern Air Temple"
- "The Warriors of Kyoshi"
- Special Feature: "Kung-Fu Featurette" looks at the fighting styles which influenced the bending arts in Avatar.
Book 1 Water; Disc 2
- "The King of Omashu"
- "Winter Solstice, Part 1: The Spirit World"
- "Winter Solstice, Part 2: Avatar Roku"
- Special Feature: "From Real life to Animation" shows how the creators filmed references for use by the animators.
Book 1 Water; Disc 3
- "The Waterbending Scroll"
- "The Great Divide"
- "The Storm"
- Special Feature: "The Voices of Avatar" introduces some of the voice actors and explains the process.
Book 1 Water; Disc 4
- "The Blue Spirit"
- "The Fortuneteller"
- "Bato of the Water Tribe"
- "The Deserter"
- Special Features:
- "Ask the Creators" features questions from fans.
- "Original Uncut Animatic" features an early storyboard of "Bato of the Water Tribe".
Book 1 Water; Disc 5
- "The Northern Air Temple"
- "The Waterbending Master"
- "The Siege of the North, Part 1"
- "The Siege of the North, Part 2"
- Special Feature: "Audio Commentary by Creators, Cast, and Crew" featured in each of the four episodes.
Exclusive Bonus Disc
- Behind the scenes with the Avatar cast and crew.
- Avatar pilot episode with audio commentary from the creators.
- "The Making of Avatar - Inside the Sound Studios" explains the special effects and music design of Avatar.
- "The Making of Avatar - Inside the Korean Animation Studios" illustrates the animation process and features interviews by the animators.
- The poster for the Ember Island Players' play, The Boy in the Iceberg by Pu-on Tim, was based on this collection's cover art.
- The Region 2 DVDs lack the special features and exclusive bonus disc present on the Region 1 release.