|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Yue".
This article is currently rated C-class on the Avatar Wiki grading system.
Is there any evidence that claims that Yue is a waterbender. She never shows this ability in any part of the series. Fire Sage Ru 00:49, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
Yes. In The Awakaning, she is shown increasing the size of Aang's wave when he surfs back to land. She is also the moon spirit now, so probably controles the tides as well. Spike815 01:04, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
In SoTN or The Waterbending Master Yue says the Moon was the first Waterbender. Princess Yue is the spirit of the moon, so I think she'd qualify as one. 04:29, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- Sigh* Yeah, as the moon spirit. But what about before that? Could she even heal things?
Also y'know what would've been awesome, in my opinion? If, at some point or another, Yue had snapped at Hahn and told him flat-out that screw the traditions, screw her love for her people, she won't marry him. Kinda like, the same way Kyle told Cartman he'dn't suck his balls in Imaginationland. Felt like tellin'.
As far as canon info lets us know, prior to becoming the moon spirit, Yue wasn't a Waterbender, not even a healer, despite being a spiritual person, she only got Waterbending powers after becoming the moon. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 13:41, 23 April 2008 (UTC)
Hmm, not much discussion now that the series is over...
It's pretty obvious that Yue is now the Moon Spirit, but is it possible that Yue and Tui are ONE Moon Spirit since their life forces have bonded together? Just something to think about... maybe we can ask the creators? Or you did and I wasn't aware of it. HealerSpirit 08:49, 3 February 2009 (UTC)
How do we know Yue wasn't a healer before turing into a spirit? Nobody was injured in that episode for her to display healing abilies. -Coca-Cola 13:43, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
Doubt it. 18.104.22.168 15:17, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
If it's possible I think we should change Yue's quote. I just think that the current quote does not really say that much about Yue. Mabey for a quote when in Siege of the North Part 1 when Yue tells Sokka that she can't be with him then sokka implies that Yue doesnot like Han and she says it's her duty to he people.
What happened to it when she was the moon spirt--KataraTophAzula 20:04, October 16, 2009 (UTC)
too bad had to turn into the moon
Kibo100, why do you keep adding the bit about Tui and Yue? It isn't right for this page. MightyBrit has left this comment. Read my fanon! 23:13, May 9, 2010 (UTC)
In the trivia section, it's said that in Japanese it would be pronounced like "you-eh". I know Japanese has many readings, but according to http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E6%9C%88#Japanese, this is not one of them. However, I don't know Japanese. -Darjeeling- (wall • contribs) 18:34, December 7, 2014 (UTC)
- It seems like it was done by some weebs who think they know all about Japanese. But honestly, to those who do this, please refrain from adding irrevelant crap. Excalique (wall • contribs) 20:20, December 27, 2015 (UTC)
- While you may be correct about this, I don't know, I don't know Japanese either, that doesn't mean that you can be demeaning towards the people who added it, calling them weebs and labeling their contributions as "irrelevant crap". Everyone makes mistakes, it happens, that's basic human nature. However, when it does happen, everyone is free to correct the error, but if/when you do, please remain civil and polite about the mistake -both in messages like this as in your edit summary. Thank you. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 09:22, December 28, 2015 (UTC)
- My apologies. I was getting frustrated over seeing many unrelated material in other wikias. The thought that people believe wiki is a credible source also explains my sour expression as many people add -as I said- irrevelant things that fit their taste. I understand that it does not justify my actions for calling these people "weebs" or calling their contributions as "crap" as I vented my annoyance, but I sincerely hope that they would at least try to have appropriate information for the public. Again, sorry for the rudeness.
- Cheers.Excalique (wall • contribs) 18:32, December 29, 2015 (UTC)
- It's okay, I understand the frustration as a fellow editor :-) It's both a blessing and a curse to have foreign language trivias. In a way, it can be interesting to know that a certain name was chosen deliberately due to its meaning in another language. However, when said language is something like Chinese or Japanse, there are only a select amount of users able to verify the correctness of the trivia. As such, it is really appreciated when some with understanding of the language comes along and checks (and even corrects) the trivia. Hopefully you'll stick around, we could use more good editors :-) Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 18:39, December 29, 2015 (UTC)