|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "Tui".
This article is currently rated C-class on the Avatar Wiki grading system.
Yue and Tui
If Yue is given the border of a Spirit, shouldn't Tui's age say deceased? Since tui died and was replaced by Yue Felinoel 04:40, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
No. The way I see it, spirits are immortal, but their mortal forms can be killed, as with Tui. I say that Tui's body was destroyed, tui's spirit was pushed out and when Yue revived Tui, her spirit was moved in.
H-Man Havoc 12:43, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- If spirits are immortal... How can they die? Tui died, as was shown when the moon disapeered and thats why the Ocean Spirit reacted in the way it did... Felinoel 15:01, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
The spirit died because it chose to exist as a physical, and thus mortal being. Koh said they crossed over eons ago, so I think they have a "elf" like immortality: they don't age, they don't get sick, but they can be killed via violence. Omnibender 16:36, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- So Tui is dead, like I said, and the position of Moon Spirit is now taken by Yue Felinoel 16:38, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
But the Moon Spirit, as a physical being, as the Koi Fish, is still known as and referred to as Tui, as far as we know. Omnibender 16:48, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
- I only remember it still be referred to as the Moon Spirit after Yue replaced it, I don't remember it being called Tui Felinoel 16:51, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
Hmm, my message is quite late. I guess I've had several months to think about this. Anyway... Is it possible that as Yue's life-energy has rebonded with Tui, Yue and Tui have now become one Moon Spirit? HealerSpirit 08:30, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
Which one is Tui and which one is La?
Hi, Avatar Spirit says that La is the moon/female and that Tui is the Ocean/male. Which one is correct? Thanks!
Did tui really go into space?
- Per Koh in the Book One finale, "Tui and La, your Moon and Ocean, have always circled each other in an eternal dance [...]" Water Spout 16:34, September 22, 2014 (UTC)
I must say, I am struggling to see a reason to justify keeping this point. Tui may be the Moon Spirit, which I think is what the quote Spout gave above is intended to mean, but that isn't the same as being the literal moon, and certainly doesn't imply she has been into space. Looking at Nick.com, it says that Tui and La resided in the Spirit World, and then crossed over into the mortal world, taking physical forms. I don't see a point there at which she would have been into outer space. HAMMEROFTHØR (wall) • 17:55, September 23, 2014 (UTC)
- Whilst I understand that you wish to discuss this issue further, it is not necessary to keep on leaving a message asking people to respond. Dragging the discussion out and resetting the three day waiting period each time when people have already been given time to leave their opinion if they desire doesn't serve any constructive purpose. HAMMEROFTHØR (wall) • 17:08, September 26, 2014 (UTC)