This page is only for discussing the main page itself.
Latest News and Opinions or Opinion ?
I edited the main page to correct "Latest News And Opinion" to "Latest News And Opinions". Anybody disagrees ? --08:12, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, but I reverted. The existing wording is more consistent with the phrasing commonly used in news media. Newspapers and other professional media organisations invariably refer to articles written with an explicit point of view as the "Opinion" section, not "Opinions". See the site description (shown as the text you see on the tab in your browser) for The Huffington Post, for example, which is "Breaking News and Opinion on the Huffington Post". The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:24, November 8, 2011 (UTC)
Legend of Korra characters
'IM PISED OF CAUSE FOR SOME REASON THE CHARACTER PAGE DOES NOT HAVE MEELO BUT INSTED HAS BLOODY HIROSHI AND THE LIUTENANT, WHATS THAT ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
Okay! I am PISSED OFF!!!!! I just made three edits! One to the main page putting Zhao on there instead of Korra and making a seperate section for the legend of Korra characters, a table organizing the characters/cast of both series and ALL THREE GOT DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by AnigailUser (talk • contribs). This note was added on 04:11, January 23, 2012 (UTC).
- Hello – I'm the administrator who reverted your edits. The reason I've done this is because adding other Korra characters is, with reference to search data, premature at this time. Currently, the vast majority of character searches are for Korra or for original series characters, and adding other characters adds additional links that are of little strategic benefit in terms of search engine optimisation. Of course, I'll recommend links to other Korra characters and de-emphasise links to original series characters closer to the release date for the new series. The 888th Avatar (talk) 13:55, January 8, 2012 (UTC)
- There is always and excuse, but I guess...
- MateyY (wall • contribs) 17:48, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
Front Page is editable
I'm really concerned about this. Why is the front page editable? It makes more room for vandals to vandalize the front page or erase the content. I know there are rollback users in the community and you can undo edits with rollback, but it's alarm raising for me. Mystiah (wall • contribs) 12:33, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Not just rollbacks. Any regular user can undo this (although less effect). No need to worry --
12:42, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
- Besides, there haven't been any vandalism issues lately... – 12:45, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone want The Lgend of Korra up for a Season Pass in Hd on iTunes?
- What fan things? The admins don't have the authority to stop anything. --I'm The Bos Wall 20:39, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Do not use past tense on original characters articles
I'm kinda upset that you are using past tense for the original characters that have passed in The Legend of Korra, though it is grammatically correct, I do not feel that this is needed for a cartoon. Also I do feel a little sad when reading it in past tense XD yes the characters are gone in The Legend of Korra but they still live on in other versions
- Well, it is site policy to use to write in past tense for most (if not all) character articles. Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem 11:34, April 8, 2012 (UTC)
- But on Katara's page, present tense was used :)
- 184.108.40.206 06:12, April 10, 2012 (UTC)Adel
- Past tense is to be used in the history sections of all the characters, as it would be a contradiction on itself to use present tense in a history section. However, the first paragraphs are written in a tense depending on 1. the fact whether or not the show the character appeared in last is still airing and 2. whether or not that character is still alive.
- Because of the aforementioned reasons, all characters of ATLA who have died during that show or are dead during TLoK have their pages written in past tense. Katara's page has the first paragraph in present tense as she is still alive in TLoK and the show is still aired. Would is be that she dies during that show, the tense on her page would be changed to past tense. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 22:58, April 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I know what you mean, but the characters that died in the show still live on in other continueties/stories like in the comics. Maybe I'm being a sentimental old fool, but still I wouldn't like to read the characters that I love, who are still very alive in other continuation/ non canon work/ promotional art used by the creators of the show, be refered as deceased :)
- 220.127.116.11 13:58, April 11, 2012 (UTC)Adel
- We take the current series as being the "current time". With that, all the other characters are considered to have lived in the past, even though there are still comics coming out featuring them etc, sorry. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 21:03, April 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Understood :) 18.104.22.168 07:15, April 12, 2012 (UTC)Adel
Avatar Dark Secret
Hi, I saw that someone published a link for an article he made on Avatar's Facebook page. It's dealing with comparing the story of Avatar to the holocaust. It's a literary analysis, because it mostly deals with symbols and metaphors. Maybe it should be reminded if Nickelodeon will response to it.
The link for the website: http://avatardarksecret.co.cc
- I'm thinking of a absolutely Hitler-like nemesis for Korra when she defeats Amon. I'd also like for his history to be like this mini-series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itVaFp-xsQg
- No replies about it? Support or against it?
Seperation between character from "Legend of Korra" and "The Last Airbender"
I think there should be a seperation between the characters of the two TV shows. Maybe by tabs? Or, by grouping them by a designed title?
- The characters are separated by color: the rim around the images of the new characters is slightly darker than those of ATLA. It's subtly because the two series are set in the same world and as such are a whole. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 11:26, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Info Box images TLOK characters
Since the show has aired 4 episodes now, shouldn't actual images of the characters be used for their info box images like how Korra's was done?
Switch character boxes
I believe the character boxes on the homepage should be like the following.
First Row: Korra | Mako | Bolin | Asami | Tenzin | Lin (main protagonists).
Second Row: Amon | Lieutenant | Equalists | Hiroshi | Tarrlok | Saikhan (main antagonists).
It's just a suggestion I guess, but I personally think they are the most predominant characters in the story at the moment, especially since Tarrlok has turned Saikhan and is forming an even more corrupt city. Discuss.
It's probabbly better switch the leutenant box with Tarlock, since is way more important antagonist to the plot specially after episode 8. 22.214.171.124 18:26, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
After today's airing of "When Extremes Meet," I believe that Tarrlok deserves a spot on the main characters section on the home page. He should probably replace either Pema, Ikki, or Jinora. 126.96.36.199 20:04, June 2, 2012 (UTC)mattwleft
- You probably can gather a lot of support for that change, so propose to change it by making a public forum about it here :-) Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 20:13, June 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Someone seems to like Meelo. Anyway I don't think we should get rid of any of the three kids, because they're sort of an all-or-nothing deal, where it would be weird to get rid of only one. I'm thinking either Pema or Lieutenant, leaning towards the Lieutenant. 188.8.131.52 09:21, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- I say Pema should be replace with Tarrlok. Pema doesn't really contribute a whole lot to the shows texture. ikki and jinora give alot to the shows texture in the same way ty lee and mei did.DalekSupreme13 (wall • contribs) 09:58, June 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh whoops, I see that Meelo's not even there. Maybe then you get rid of one of the kids articles and replace it with Tarrlok's, and just make a single category called "Tenzin's children" for all three of them?
Ok I am not trying to start a revolution or anything but in light of what happened and what will happen...I feel that Tarrlok is a more important character than Pema. I say this because to me it make sense that Tarrlok should take Pema's place on the main page. Thought? AvatarCorin34 (wall • contribs) 23:28, June 4, 2012 (UTC)AvatarCorin34
Replacement of Pro-bending on home page?
It just seems so irrelevant to have probending up there anymore since it seems like it will no longer have a role in the series. Just putting this out here for that reason. 184.108.40.206 18:16, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree, pro-bending no longer plays a role in The Legend of Korra and must be replaced as soon as possible. This Saturday's episode will begin the Equalists attacking benders in Republic City. Assuming a wiki page is made about the Equalist Revolt I would vote towards putting that there to replace the pro-bending image.
- Slushey 06:18, June 12, 2012 (UTC)
I like the idea of it, but wouldn't it be more suitable if it were a countdown to the next episode, airing this Saturday, not the season finale, which airs next week? Rassilon of Old (Wall - Help) 08:32, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- See Forum:Adding "Countdowns" to upcoming episodes. The 888th Avatar (talk) 08:45, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, but there was never any support for the countdown to the finale, it was only suggested by MateyY, and the discussion then closed. I still think a countdown to the next episode on the main page makes more sense. We did it on Young Justice Wiki, in the top right hand corner, until we hit a hiatus. Rassilon of Old (Wall - Help) 08:51, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
- To be clear, a countdown on the main page was suggested by RR. Then, Ratava suggested one for each episode. Then, Matey suggested one just for the finale. Since his suggestion went unchallenged for three days, and the idea of a countdown on the main page in general remained unchallenged, I implemented Matey's suggestion in whole. I assumed consensus by silence, which is enough support for implementation. This is necessary to avoid permanent indecisiveness in the War Room. Rass, I think it's best if you take this suggestion there. The 888th Avatar (talk) 09:01, June 14, 2012 (UTC)
Okay, why is it every time I access the front page now that I get a loud ad blasting at me at the bottom of the screen? Who made the call to put them there? Can we remove them? Because I do not like that thing blaring every time I step in.Fire Eater (wall • contribs) 02:47, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
ENERGYBENDING USED BEFORE LION TURTLE
In the episode "The Spirit World," avatar Roku's dragon spirit touches Aang's head to inform him about Sozin's comet and how to speak to Roku.
Is BUMI an Earthbender(Aangs son) ? i think he is, since he is a commander, And aang is the avatar? Can he be a commander even if he s not a Bender?? 220.127.116.11 08:47, July 18, 2012 (UTC)
Looking to Help
Hello. I am a huge avatar fan looking to help out in anyway needed. I was just wondering where help is needed or where I could help contribute. TheThunderExperience (wall • contribs) 04:05, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
- All articles need improvements, even the best! But if you want to start with articles that really need help, we have a category of articles which need some major changes. It's great to have a new user with so much enthusiasm. Welcome to the wiki, and contact myself or any of our excellent administrators if you have any further questions. Happy editing. :) Rassilon of Old (Wall - Help) 04:20, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
Using that Code
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me use that slideshow code thing on my fanon to get to the most popular and/or recent chapters? It would look cool, I think. Could anyone help me with that?
- Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I'll look into those articles that need major help. TheThunderExperience (wall • contribs) 04:28, July 21, 2012 (UTC)
i know that this is a tiring question but what happened to Ursa? all i know is that she was bannished?? will we learn anything about her at the 2nd season??18.104.22.168 14:36, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
Updating the Main Page
I have noticed that there is still a thing on the main page that says "Anti-bending Revolution: The Revolution is upon us. Who will be standing when it is over?". I think that should be removed, or replaced with something more...up to date, because I mean, we already know who won. Weirdo Guy (talk) 06:18, October 2, 2012 (UTC)
The Wiki's Webpage Title
The title wasn't changed when The Legend of Korra was announced, in difference from the homepage and articles about ATLA and new articles about ALOK. It's still "Avatar Wiki | Avatar: The Last Airbender characters, episodes, elements, and more!". The admins need to change it to "Avatar Wiki | Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: The Legend of Korra characters, episodes, elements, and more!", and on other pages from "Avatar Wiki, the Avatar: The Last Airbender resource" to "Avatar Wiki, the Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: The Legend of Korra resource". Galzigler (wall • contribs) 10:20, November 1, 2012 (UTC)
New page format?
Over at the Young justice wiki they have separate tabs for their characters. though those are separated by season i think we could try something slimier here with separate tabs for A:TLA and A:TLoK--FossilLord 23:52, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Clarification: at the YJ Wiki, we don't have tabs separated by season. It's just a coincidence that the first two tabs reflect different seasons, but it's only those two anyway. ― Thailog 23:59, November 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah thankyou transfering now--FossilLord 21:46, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
We don't have nearly as many characters that need linking from the main page, and our design goal has always been to keep the number of links down. Since the character section isn't gigantic, I don't think this is necessary. The 888th Avatar (talk) 01:00, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
Comments and talk pages ?
- Talk pages can be made for any article. They have a different use from comments and stand separate from them, so I don't see how there would be an interference. 20:10, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
- They are created in the same way as other pages are, except with the extension "Talk:" preceding it on the title when it is made. However, there shouldn't really be a need to manually make any, as a talk page is automatically created when an article is added. 20:27, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I did not realize he was asking about the technical side. :-p In that case, I suppose 888 is the one to talk to. 21:02, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
Why are the "The last Airbender" characters listed after "the Legend of Korra"? People are more familiar with A:TLA, and they came first in chronological order.Chidori1,000 (wall • contribs) 01:50, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Jade Chan? Galzigler (wall • contribs) 21:24, December 17, 2012 (UTC)
- BTW, Mai looks like Kikyō. Galzigler (wall • contribs) 12:39, January 5, 2013 (UTC)
Is it just my computer, or are all sliders across all of wiki glitching? Normally, they resize the image to the slider size, but now the LoK image is all pixel-y, and the other images have black borders. The same thing is happening on the fanon portal, and all other sliders I've seen. -
- The slider issue is a result of a recent technical update. The only way to fix the issue I believe is to upload a slightly larger image. HAMMEROFTHOR 17:48, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Does Aang energybend before the finale?
So i have been watching through all of The Last Airbender for the 5,678,987th time and i realized something on the episode: Winter Solstice, Part 1: The Spirit World. When Aang is in the spirit world, and Fang (Avatar Roku's Animal Guide) gives him a vision using his whiskers, is it Energybending?
I also noticed this when Aang reached over and touched Hei Bai's forehead, and it has been bothering me...
Please comment below what you think!
Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Im just asking...
Will there be a new season from Avatar: The Last Airbender?
I realy love Avatar buth i dont want to read it in a book.I know you like to change from style and make some books
buth a Serie will be mayby expensiver buth you will earn more money on it.
I mean just i love avatar i"am a big fan buth i realy hope from all my hearth there will be a new season for' Avatar: The 'Last Airbender.
Thank you for reading.And thanks for this awesome cartoon,movie.
LoK Characters Slide Spoilers
Was kinda bummed to see that the Dark Avatar listed on the LoK Characters slide as it's more or less a spoiler for people just starting out. Maybe consider switching it out with some a newer characters like Opal?
- There is currently an ongoing discussion in the War Room regarding making changes to the character slider, and we would certainly welcome your input there. I would add that the policy we have here is that any information up to the last episode is considered as released, and thus is not classified as a spoiler. So, anyone that is just starting Book One or BookTtwo should expect to encounter some spoilers. We have vetoed the idea of spoiler tags in the past, but perhaps you have some suggestions on other ways we could achieve this? It would be preferable not to ruin the show for people not caught up to the latest episode if we can help it. HAMMEROFTHOR 22:43, August 5, 2014 (UTC)
Please add lithuanian language to this wikia