Super Brawl Summer was a game hosted by Nick.com.
Nickelodeon characters are pitted against each other, fighting until there is only one combatant left standing.
All characters share the same basic control mechanisms:
- Up arrow key – Jump
- Up arrow key + "X" – Jump attack
- Down arrow key – Block enemy attack
- Left arrow key – Walk leftward
- Right arrow key – Walk rightward
- "Z" – Punch
- "X" – Kick
On the other hand, every character has a distinct "special attack". For the most part, special attacks have controls different from one another. These controls are as follows:
- Aang – Left arrow key + right arrow key + "X"
- Bessie Higgenbottom – Left arrow key + left arrow key + "Z"
- Danny Phantom – Left arrow key + left arrow key + "Z"
- Dr. Blowhole – Down arrow key + down arrow key + "X"
- Fanboy – Left arrow key + left arrow key + "Z"
- King Julien – Left arrow key + left arrow key + "X"
- Otis – Down arrow key + down arrow key + "X"
- Patrick Star – Down arrow key + down arrow key + "X"
- Rico – Down arrow key + down arrow key + "Z"
- SpongeBob – Down arrow key + right arrow key + "X"
- Timmy Turner – Left arrow key + left arrow key + "Z"
Training mode offers players a chance to familiarize themselves with Jingle Brawl's arguably complex character controls. Unlike the other modes of the game, training mode allows only for the player to test his or her character's moves against a punching bag. The punching bag cannot be defeated and may be hit as many times as the player sees fit, never taking any damage.
Arcade mode consists of three rounds, each lasting ninety-nine seconds, between two characters: one controlled by the player and the other by the computer. Both characters are chosen before the first round begins and cannot be changed until all three rounds (or two if the situation permits) have been completed.
Each character has a health meter, and the meter shows how much more damage can be taken before a character is defeated. Upon defeat, the round will end in favor of the opposite character. However, if no character has been defeated at the end of the round, the winner is determined by whoever has the most health remaining.
The winner of the brawl is whoever wins the most individual rounds. If a single character wins the first two rounds, that character is declared the winner, bypassing the third round. If this is not the case, the third round acts as a tiebreaker.
Tournament mode follows the same rules as arcade mode, except for the fact that if the player's character wins his or her battle against his or her opponent, a new battle begins against another randomly chosen character immediately afterward. Battles ensue until either the player character wins five battles and therefore the tournament, or until the player character loses two or more rounds in any battle.