Sizzle-crisps are a popular treat in the Fire Nation. They have a distinct crispy, bacon-like taste and are, in the style of typical Fire Nation foods, spicy-hot. Sizzle-crisps are traditionally made from meat, and exist in many different versions. They are a common food sold by street vendors who often compete with one another to produce spicier variants than their rivals.
- "Dragon's Breath" - nicknamed after General Iroh, this variant was developed after the Hundred Year War and is considered extremely spicy.
- "Peppery" - considered one of the more mild variants.
- Sizzle-crips are Zuko's favorite afternoon snack.
- There are claims about sizzle-crisps also being made made from rice, soy, and nuts instead of meat, but these theories "are probably wrong".
- One student in the Fire Nation ordered sizzle-crisps from a food vendor after Sokka agreed to the class's attempt to blackmail him by keeping quiet that he was not their real substitute teacher.
- From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com. Encyclopedia now broken, archived at The Lost Lore of Avatar Aang - Gear: Sizzle-crisps.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender Cookbook: Official Recipes from the Four Nations, p. 111.
- Scheidt, Dave (writer), Little Corvus (artist, letterer). "The Substitute" (October 2, 2019), Dark Horse Comics.