Ruins of the Empire is a graphic novel trilogy set in the Avatar universe, directly following the events of the Turf Wars trilogy. It is the second series based on The Legend of Korra and is written by franchise co-creator Michael Dante DiMartino, with art by Michelle Wong, Killian Ng, and Adele Matera. The first issue was released on May 21, 2019, with the second following later that year on November 12 and the third was released February 25, 2020. The library edition was released on September 22, 2020.
The Ruins of the Empire trilogy includes:
Korra must decide who to trust as the fate of the Earth Kingdom hangs in the balance! On the eve of its first elections, the Earth Kingdom finds its future endangered by its past. Even as Kuvira stands trial for her crimes, vestiges of her imperial ambitions threaten to undermine the nation's democratic hopes. But when Korra, Asami, Mako, and Bolin do not all see eye-to-eye as to the solution, drastic measures will be taken to halt a new march to war!
- Ruins of the Empire was the first comic book trilogy to be announced via a Penguin Random House listing; all previous trilogies or entries in trilogies were announced through a press release.
- The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire Penguin Random House (September 9, 2018). Retrieved on September 9, 2018.
- The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire Part Two. Amazon. Retrieved on August 22, 2018.
- The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire Part Three. Penguin Random House. Retrieved on July 16, 2019.
- The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire Library Edition. Penguin Random House. Retrieved on February 17, 2020.