Roast duck is a common dish eaten by both Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation citizens. The Fire Nation served it cut into bite-sized pieces, while the Earth Kingdom served it as a whole with a special sauce.
Iroh seemed to savor a real appetite for this dish, as he gladly accepted Song's invitation to share a meal at her house after she mentioned that her mother often made roast duck. Having prepared too much, Song's mother handed Iroh some when he and Zuko took their leave again.
When traveling toward Ba Sing Se as refugees, Zuko, Iroh, and three Freedom Fighters, namely Jet, Smellerbee, and Longshot enjoyed a bite of roast duck that they stole out of the ferry captain's kitchen.
- Duck is one of the few animals in the World of Avatar that is not a hybrid.
- Roast duck is similar to the Chinese dish Peking Duck, which consists of a crispy, roasted duck seasoned with hoisin sauce.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Filoni, Dave (director). (February 21, 2005). "The Boy in the Iceberg". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Episode 1. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hamilton, Joshua (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (March 24, 2006). "The Cave of Two Lovers". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 2. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante, Hamilton, Joshua (writers) & Spaulding, Ethan (director). (September 15, 2006). "The Serpent's Pass". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 12. Nickelodeon.