Onion-banana juice is a beverage made, as the name suggests, by combining onion and banana. Avatar Aang described it to be terrible, though there were many who loved it, considering it an "acquired taste". It was a favorite of Guru Pathik, who claimed it helped the process of cleansing chakras.
When Aang was training with Pathik, the guru offered this drink to him as he was about to begin the process of opening his chakras in order to master the Avatar State. When Aang first drank this juice, he was disgusted by the drink and spat it out. However, after successfully opening his air chakra, Aang requested more, despite his initial disgust, supporting the argument that the drink is an acquired taste.
- Onion-banana juice makes one's burps taste like pickles.
- The onion-banana juice was based on what a friend of Bryan Konietzko's was eating at a yoga retreat.
- From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com. Encyclopedia now broken, archived at The Lost Lore of Avatar Aang - Gear: Onion-banana juice.
- DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (December 1, 2006). "The Guru". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 19. Nickelodeon.
- O'Bryan, John (writer) & Spaulding, Ethan (director). (November 16, 2007). "Nightmares and Daydreams". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 9. Nickelodeon.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (August 27, 2020). LIVE: Avatar Co-Creator Reviews Fan Art! + Your Favorite Battles. YouTube. Retrieved on August 27, 2020.