|"Shuffle on, I get you. No more need for Old Sweepy."|
|— Old Sweepy to Katara and Aang.|
"Old Sweepy" was an undercover Dai Li agent who kept an eye on the Lower Ring of Ba Sing Se, where he spread misinformation wherever and whenever Long Feng desired. To maintain his cover, he let people believe he was a normal, talkative, old janitor.
In 100 AG, he was visited in his warehouse by Team Avatar and Jet, during their search for information regarding Appa's whereabouts. After Aang discovered a clump of his flying bison's white fur in the abandoned building, Old Sweepy informed them that they had shipped Appa off to Whaletail Island the previous day. This turned out to be false, however, as Old Sweepy hoped to earn his way back into Long Feng's good graces by leading the team out of Ba Sing Se.
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Book Two: Earth (土)
- 217. "Lake Laogai"
- Old Sweepy claims to have not had a vacation in years.
- Even though Toph was usually able to tell when someone was lying, Old Sweepy was able to spread false information in regards to Appa's whereabouts in her presence without her sensing it. This makes him the first person to do so, the second being Azula during the Day of Black Sun.
- Hedrick, Tim (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (November 6, 2006). "Lake Laogai". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 17. Nickelodeon.
- From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com. Encyclopedia now broken, archived at The Lost Lore of Avatar Aang - Character: Old Sweepy.
- Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director). (November 30, 2007). "The Day of Black Sun, Part 2: The Eclipse". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 11. Nickelodeon.