Moon peaches were among a series of fruits that Momo laid out for Sokka to eat while at the Southern Air Temple. However, before Sokka could eat the last moon peach, Momo jumped up and grabbed it out of his hand, prompting Aang to name the winged lemur "Momo".
- The moon peach strongly resembles the real-world peach.
- "Momo" means peach in Japanese, which is a reference to Momo's preference for the fruit.
- In the Avatar: The Last Airbender video game, Momo has to locate enough blue trees near an Earth Kingdom village to allow Team Avatar to collect six moon peaches, which are later used to feed a hungry Appa.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (April 8, 2005). "Winter Solstice, Part 1: The Spirit World". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Episode 7. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (February 25, 2005). "The Southern Air Temple". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 1. Episode 3. Nickelodeon.