- This article is about the prison guard. For other similar uses, see Ming (disambiguation).
|"I snuck in some white jade tea. I know you like rare teas."|
|— Ming to Iroh.|
Ming was a guard at the Capital City Prison who was especially kind and sympathetic to Iroh when he was brought to the prison. She took a liking to the firebender because he reminded her of her father, who also had an appreciation for rare types of tea.
Ming's job was to bring in Iroh's food at meal time. She would sneak in his favorite drinks and extra shares, like some white jade tea or another bowl of rice. Iroh stated that it was her "little gestures of kindness that [made his] days in prison bearable". She did not appreciate Warden Poon's harsh treatment of Iroh.
On the Day of Black Sun, out of concern for her well-being, Ming was told by Iroh to take the rest of that day off to go home and rest. Although she was initially confused, Iroh had implied that she should not be around. Understanding the subtext of the message, she nodded, left the prison, and was thus not present during Iroh's breakout.
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Book Three: Fire (火)
- Serena Williams voiced Ming because she was a huge fan of the show.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (November 30, 2007). "The Day of Black Sun, Part 1: The Invasion". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 10. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com. Encyclopedia now broken, archived at The Lost Lore of Avatar Aang - Character: Ming.
- ↑ Serena Williams gets nerdy as she talks Avatar. mtv.co.za (March 22, 2018).