Maurice LaMarche is an Emmy Award-winning Canadian voice actor and former stand up comedian. He provided the voice of the defense attorney, Aiwei, a tavern owner, and additional characters across six episodes of The Legend of Korra.
The Legend of Korra credits
- Character information: Defense attorney
- 109. "Out of the Past"
- Character information: Aiwei
- Character information: Chef
- 308. "The Terror Within"
- 309. "The Stakeout"
- 103. "The Revelation"
Selected other credits
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers
- G.I. Joe
- Hey Arnold!
- Inspector Gadget
- Pinky and The Brain
- The Real Ghost Busters
- Tiny Toon Adventures
- Batman: Arkham City (video game)
- Crash: Mind over Mutant (video game)
- Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (video game)
LaMarche was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but his family moved to Timmins, Ontario, soon after he was born. LaMarche's childhood was filled with his "own little world of cartoons and sixties television". It was not until his sophomore year of high school that he learned of the popularity his talent for mimicry could garner him. This realization came from a coincidental performance in a high school "variety night" several of his friends urged him to enter; he performed an act called "celebrities as waiters" which he would subsequently use all throughout his stand up career.
- 2012: Won a Primetime Emmy Award for Futurama (Best Voice-Over Performance)
- 2011: Won a Primetime Emmy Award for Futurama (Best Voice-Over Performance)
- 1998: Won an Annie Award for Pinky and the Brain (Voice Acting by a Male Performer in an Animated Television Production)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|