The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Jet" in Avatar: The Last Airbender and later returned for The Legend of Korra, directing every episode of Book One: Air. He has also worked as a character designer and supervising producer across all four books.
Avatar: The Last Airbender credits
- 110. "Jet"
The Legend of Korra credits
Main character designer
Selected other credits
- Voltron: Legendary Defender (supervising producer)
- Batman: Year One (storyboard artist)
- Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic (character designer)
- Hercules and Xena - The Animated Movie: The Battle for Mount Olympus (in-between artist)
- Random! Cartoons (overseas animation director)
- Recess: School's Out (animator)
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (storyboard artist)
- The Boondocks (assistant director)
- The Goode Family (storyboard artist)
- Ryu has been credited by Bryan Konietzko as the one who conceived fartbending, an airbending technique employed by Tenzin and Pema's son, Meelo.
- Ryu's creative insight has been influencing the Avatar franchise for far longer than the beginning of The Legend of Korra: he created the original character design of Jet, suggesting that he has had a part in the show since quite early in production.
- Interestingly, Ryu's name has been worded as "Ryu Ki Hyun" by Konietzko on occasion, likely in concern to Ryu's Korean origin; Korean names are spoken in a format that starts with a surname, followed by the given name.
- The design of the character Ryu was based on Ki Hyun Ryu.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Konietzko, Bryan (July 16, 2012). Ryu's Due Date. Tumblr. Retrieved on July 14, 2014.
- ↑ Konietzko, Bryan (2012-09-20). Elizabeth Chun is a current RISD student who.... Tumblr. Retrieved on September 29, 2012.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante (June 27, 2014). It's the real life Ryu!. Tumblr. Retrieved on June 30, 2014.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.