Imbalance is a trilogy of comic books set in the Avatar universe, continuing on from the events of North and South. Unlike its predecessors, Imbalance is written by Faith Erin Hicks with art by Peter Wartman and Adele Matera, though they also collaborated with Avatar co-creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. The first installment was released on December 18, 2018, with the second released on May 14, 2019, and the third on October 1, 2019. The library edition was released on June 16, 2020.
The Imbalance trilogy includes:
Aang faces a decision from which there is no return!
When Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Toph return to Earthen Fire Industries--the factory owned by Toph's father--Aang is surprised when their arrival is met with a cold shoulder. As soon as the team is asked for help at a business council meeting, the reason for the slight becomes clear: a massive bender-versus-non-bender conflict has gripped the town and is threatening to turn violent. In order to heal the divide and save the town, Aang and the team will all face tough decisions about power and identity that could tear them apart.
- Imbalance is the first Avatar: The Last Airbender comic trilogy written by Faith Erin Hicks and illustrated by Peter Wartman. Prior trilogies were co-written by Gene Luen Yang and illustrated by Gurihiru.
- This is the first comic trilogy to only have one word as its title.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender-Imbalance Part One. Amazon.com. Retrieved on October 9, 2018.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender–Imbalance Part Two. PenguinRandomHouse. Retrieved on August 15, 2018.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender--Imbalance Part Three. Dark Horse. Retrieved on May 17, 2019.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender–Imbalance Library Edition. PenguinRandomHouse. Retrieved on September 4, 2019.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender--Imbalance Library Edition HC. Retrieved on February 22, 2022.