|"Choose well. A sky bison is a companion for life."|
|— Sister Iio to the Air Nomad children.|
Before the start of the Hundred Year War, Iio guided a group of young Air Nomad children, including Aang, through the tradition of choosing a flying bison. Leading them to an open area, she gave each of the children an apple to lure a bison calf and advised them to choose carefully when picking out their bison, stating that "a sky bison [was] a companion for life."
Iio was good with animals, peacefully luring bison calves through food.
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Book Two: Earth (土)
- 216. "Appa's Lost Days" (dream)
- Iio was said to never look older than a forty-five-year-old.
- She wore a beaded necklace with a brooch that was similar to the one Monk Gyatso used to wear and the one Aang wore at Fire Lord Zuko's coronation.
- Aside from Avatars Yangchen and Kyoshi, Iio was the only named female airbender to be seen in the first series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ehasz, Elizabeth Welch (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (October 13, 2006). "Appa's Lost Days". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 16. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com. Encyclopedia now broken, archived at The Lost Lore of Avatar Aang - Character: Sister Iio.