The Hu Xin Provinces,[nb 1] sometimes just Hu Xin, are an assemblage of territories situated along the west coast of the Earth Kingdom continent on the Mo Ce Sea. Historically, the governance of the region has shifted between various nations, including the Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and most recently, the United Republic of Nations.
Formerly under Earth Kingdom jurisdiction, the Hu Xin Provinces were conquered by Fire Nation troops under the leadership of Azulon during the early stages of the Hundred Year War. Shortly thereafter, the provinces were colonized by the Fire Nation. This process fundamentally changed the Hu Xin Provinces, as Fire Nation colonists and Earth Kingdom natives quickly intermingled and formed unique traditions.
Following the end of the War, the Hu Xin Provinces were eventually annexed into the United Republic of Nations, along with many other colonies.
- Alternatively spelled as Hew Sin Provinces in some sources, such as Netflix and iTunes subtitles, or the official Avatar: The Last Airbender YouTube channel.
- Ehasz, Elizabeth Welch (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (May 12, 2006). "Zuko Alone". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 7. The Complete Series, Blu-ray.
- Complete Timeline of the Hundred Year War! 🔥 Sozin ➡️ Ozai - Avatar. Avatar: The Last Airbender (YouTube channel) (November 28, 2020). Retrieved on November 29, 2020.
- An Avatar Rises in This First Look at the New Last Airbender Novel, Dawn of Yangchen. Gizmodo.com. Retrieved on May 24, 2022.
- DiMartino, Michael Dante, Konietzko, Bryan (writers) & Dos Santos, Joaquim, Ryu, Ki Hyun (directors). (April 14, 2012). "Welcome to Republic City". The Legend of Korra. Book One: Air. Episode 1. Nickelodeon.
- Ehasz, Elizabeth Welch (writer) & MacMullan, Lauren (director). (May 12, 2006). "Zuko Alone". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 2. Episode 7. Nickelodeon.
- Avatar Legends: The Roleplaying Game. Quickstart, Version 1.0, 2021, p. 5.