- This article is about the airship manufactured by Future Industries and used by Team Avatar. For other similar uses, see Airship (disambiguation).
The Future Industries airship is a large, metal, zeppelin-like vehicle employed by Team Avatar to travel throughout the Earth Kingdom in search of new airbenders after the events of Harmonic Convergence. It is manufactured by Future Industries and piloted by an engineer.
During the journey throughout the Earth Kingdom, the Future Industries airship took Team Avatar to various places where sightings of new airbenders were reported, though many were unwilling to leave their previous lives behind except for Kai. While in the air, the spacious deck provided ample room for Bumi and Kai to exercise and learn the basics of their newfound bending ability.
The next night, Asami used the airship, alongside Lin Beifong's, to rescue captive airbenders from the Earth Queen before making a clean getaway. Once they were far from Ba Sing Se, Tenzin, Bumi, and Jinora took the airship to bring the airbenders to the Northern Air Temple.
The airship was used again by Team Avatar three years later, first to pick up an imprisoned Kuvira and later to take her and King Wu to Gaoling, in order to prevent Commander Guan from interfering with the gubernatorial election taking place there.
The design of this aircraft is roughly similar to the Fire Nation airships used during the final stages of the Hundred Year War, as well as the police airship used by Republic City's Metalbending Police Force, though it is more luxurious in appearance. The vessel is constructed primarily from metal and employs multiple propeller sets to move. It is unique in its impressive size: a flying bison is capable of comfortably staying on board with little-to-no effect on its speed. The size of the ship also allows the passengers to travel in comfort as it sports an impressive galley with high ceilings, at least one bathroom for passengers to get changed and freshen up, and a deck atop the ship with enough room for two airbenders to duel without much risk of falling overboard. The bow features a phoenix statue mounted on it.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Hedrick, Tim, Hamilton, Joshua (writers) & Heck, Colin, Zwyer, Melchior (directors). (June 27, 2014). "Rebirth". The Legend of Korra. Season 2. Episode 2. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hedrick, Tim (writer) & Graham, Ian. (June 27, 2014). "The Earth Queen". The Legend of Korra. Season 2. Episode 3. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Hamilton, Joshua (writer) & Zwyer, Melchior (director). (July 11, 2014). "In Harm's Way". The Legend of Korra. Season 2. Episode 4. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer), Wong, Michelle (artist), Ng, Vivian (colorist). Ruins of the Empire Part One (May 21, 2019), Dark Horse Comics.