There are several distinct habitats in the Avatar World, each suitable for different species and variations of plants.
Si Wong Desert
List of flora
- Apple — Sweet, cultivated fruit.
- Banana — Long yellow fruit, used for juices.
- Moon peach — Round, sweet fruit.
- Onion — Used for juices.
- Plum — Used in fruit pies.
- Rash cactus — A type of cactus that can cause rashes upon contact with skin.
- Soybean — Used to make tofu.
- White lotus — A white flower, famed for its beauty and the Pai Sho tile modeled after it.
- Bamboo — Typical tall bamboo which only grows in the warm center of the Spirit Oasis.
- Grass — Typical green grass which only grows in the warm center of the Spirit Oasis.
- Greaseberry bramble — A bush that can cause injury when fallen into.
- Pine tree — One of the few species of tree found in the Northern Water Tribe.
- Pink flowers — Unidentified blossoms which only grow in the warm center of the Spirit Oasis.
- Sea prune — A prune that grows underwater and is similar in taste to the ocean kumquat.
- Seaweed — Kind of algae used for lotions.
Berries and nuts
- Acorn — A hard tree nut.
- Bacui berry — A berry known to cure the poison of the white jade plant.
- Lychee nut — A small, reddish brown nut notable for its taste and abundance.
- Maka'ole berry — A berry that causes blindness, very similar in appearance to the bacui berry.
- Peanut — A small legume that can be made into a sauce.
- Jasmine — Flower used to make tea.
- Moon flower — A white flower that grows best in partial shade.
- Panda lily — Rare black and white flower found only on the rims of volcanoes. Commonly proffered as an expression of love.
- Plum blossom — Cultivated for its fruits and flowers.
- Sunflower — Bright yellow, cultivated flower.
- White dragon bush — A plant with red-white flowers, famed for the tea made with its leaves and flowers.
- White jade bush — A poisonous plant with red-white petals that causes rashes if consumed; it can even be fatal if not treated.
Fruits and vegetables
- Apple — Sweet, cultivated fruit.
- Cabbage — Cultivated leafy vegetable.
- Chili pepper — Spicy, colorful fruits.
- Lettuce — Cultivated, leafy vegetable.
- Mango — Cultivated, sweet, orange-red fruit, sometimes made into a beverage.
- Moon peach — Sweet, pale round fruit, favored by Momo.
- Papaya — Waxy, orange fruit.
- Soy — Made into sauce and tofu.
- Watermelon — Sweet, juicy melon.
Herbs and spices
- Banyan-grove tree — A tree that encompasses and is the heart of the Foggy Swamp.
- Sandalwood — Aromatic plant, used as medicine.
- Banana leaf — Used as medicine.
- Barrel cactus — A type of cactus.
- Cactus – A spiky, juice-filled plant found in deserts; its juice causes hallucinations when consumed.
- Rice — Cultivated white grain.
- Seaweed — Kind of algae.
- Ash banana — Long, gray squash.
- Bamboo — Typical tall bamboo.
- Chile pepper — Spicy, colorful fruits.
- Fig — Sweet sticky fruit.
- Fire lily — A vibrantly red flower, famed for its beauty, only blooms for a few weeks each year.
- Lemon — Sour yellow fruit.
- Mango — A sweet, cultivated orange-red fruit.
- Ocean kumquat — Small, round fruits, similar to sea prunes.
- Purple berry — Sweet, succulent fruit used for dye.
- Rose — Aromatic cultivated flower.
- Tea plant — Plant with leaves and leaf buds that are used to produce tea.
- Tomato carrot — Harder, edible plants that can be grown in gardens.
- Flytrap — A carnivorous plant that can grow big enough to consume a grown human. They will actively chase their prey if they are close enough.
- Gripping grass — Grass that envelops those who stand on top of it for too long, sinking them into the ground.