|Skip to table of contents|
This is the talk page for the article "The Last Airbender 2".
This article is currently rated C-class on the Avatar Wiki grading system.
- This talk page is for discussing improvements to the page only. General discussion about the films can be found at Forum:Film-related Discussion.
Is this movie even confirmed. I heard this is what they planned to do if they got enough money.AyyamS 04:45, October 10, 2009 (UTC)
Paramount has said that M.Night will need at least $280 million to start production. And it doesn't look like he is going to get it so not a the mo ment. VJavatar is awesome (talk • contribs) 21:50, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
Should There Be A "Sneak Peak" Section?
I know of a site where footage of the Kyoshi Warriors from the sequel can be accessed. I tried to post the link on the site but then someone took it off so I don't know if this is a bad idea. ExplosionsHurtPeople 21:15, August 17, 2010 (UTC)YueThailiSharamPoama.Representing>Tibet
But 8 minutes and 50 seconds into it shows our only preview at what the second film will look like, since Shyamalan has confirmed he is saving those scenes for the sequel.ExplosionsHurtPeople 00:58, August 18, 2010 (UTC)YueThailiSharamPoama.Representing>Tibet
Status Section needs deletion or complete rewrite with accurate sources
Movie-Moron is not a reliable source to cite for factual assertions. It's a blog with an explicit disclaimer "Due to the amount of speculation, site should be read for entertainment purposes only." Further there is no attribution to the assertion in the blog (which isn't even gramatically correct "Paramount want a worldwide take...."). This appears to be nothing more than a fabrication on the blog author's part based on ignorance. By way of example box office receipts don't equate to return on Paramount's investment. There are these things called "movie theaters" that take significant percentage of the receipts. The section as a whole relies far too much on Movie-Moron as a source and therefore should be deleted or rewritten with citation of valid sources. Likewise any reference to a 280 million box office gross as a thresshold for greenlighting production on a second movie should be deleted unless someone can cite a reliable source.
Woah! Where did you come from? I'm wondering though: did you actually read the article? I've put several disclaimers in there saying that 280 Million isn't the magical number we thought it was... if that's not good enough for you you can just edit the article yourself... it's really not that hard.
We know about movie theatres you don't need to be an ass about it. In fact like i just said we know 280 isn't a magic number, and liek i said if you read the article you'd know that... Just remember that if you're going to make an argument you should provide facts and not big words (you have both... but the facts aren't solid) if you think the article relies too much on Movie-moron then feel free to edit it, that is the whole point of the wiki after all! Admiral-165 (talk • contribs) 01:01, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
This article is seriously substandard and is dragging down our reputation for well-written, informative articles. The other film articles are not very good either, but this is the worst, and it's important because this is the next film in the series. Are there any volunteers who would like to help me fix this page? The 888th Avatar (talk) 04:09, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
I will help, I once teed to but no one supported me so it degenerated. Courage the Cowardly User Talk Contributions 04:15, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
I can try and take care of the separate film articles (Film:Zuko etc), because they're linked with the series articles through categories. Let's do this!
- Great! I may be able to do some rewriting later. :) The 888th Avatar (talk) 07:04, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
OK. Letse if I can bring this page up to avatar wikia standards. I am moving predictions to user blogs, as everybody has their own standards for what is considered a 'good' prediction or a 'bad' prediction. Please have a look at my revision and comment accordingly before you hit UNDO. TQ. Hasdi (talk • contribs) 11:34, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks a million Hasdi. I highly approve the edit you made, it really did improve our article. =] Great job. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 16:29, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
Your welcome. :-) I have a question for you (and others), though. How does this bloglist thing work? That is, how do other users have their predictions show up under Blog:Films Predictions? It does not respond to Category:Films Predictions automagically so I am wondering if there is some other mechanism I am not aware of. Hasdi (talk • contribs) 21:01, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Even with the link in place it doesn't appear to load anything there so...I have no idea what's being pointed to, it doesn't appear to be created. Blogs don't need to be auto-populated in any form of list; they're already profiled into the list of blogs on the wiki. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 22:46, January 15, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, this article needs serious help-well all of our film articles do really. But seriously. There are way too many external links and the references are being ignored in favor of them. Honestly, the FAQ belongs more on a blog than on the article, it makes the page look very unprofessional and is filled with too much speculation and references from other movies-movies that do not have to do with TLA. Can we please fix this?-- Olórin The White Talk・Friends 02:56, February 28, 2011 (UTC)
I suggest the FAQ be removed. We are not a place to list reasons why the movie will be green lighted, nor are we a place to tell people,"These are the reasons it will be green lighted!" It honestly makes the page unprofessional. It mpbelongs on a blog. We are an encyclopedia, not a place to document why this movie may be green lighted.-- Olórin The White Talk・Friends 06:41, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Definitely..it does sound like a blog post when reading over it, rather than a provision for information. Vulmen (talk • contribs) 07:05, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
I'm cool with that. To be honest, I think it touches upon a bigger question of where a FAQ belongs on a wikia site: if the information is solid then why even structure it as a FAQ? If it isn't definitive, shouldn't it belong in a forum or something? If everybody has their own answers, why not put it in a blogpost? On the other hand, a blogpost can't be edited by others, and a userpage has no comment section. I prefer some kind of mechanism to improve the "quality" of the comments, e.g. a Forum with a comment section enabled where comment page is used to keep track of the "score". This FAQ is a failed experiment. Let's see if fits better a blogpost. Hasdi (talk • contribs) 10:04, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
- I think it would be nicer as a forum....it really doesn't make much sense to make a forum with comments, thats just a blog....-- Olórin The White Talk・Friends 21:50, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
You are welcome to cut and paste from my blogpost to a forum and see which one works out better. :-/ I am thinking of structuring it like with a link to there on Film:The Last Airbender 2 and a note on the forum to post comments back on the film page. Hasdi (talk • contribs) 22:07, March 31, 2011 (UTC)
I propose this section is moved to a user blog (mine) because the relevance of the news entries are subjective to the user. It will placed under Blog:Films Predictions. — Hasdi Bravo • 00:27, September 28, 2011 (UTC)
Until the movie is officially confirmed, we have to assume that the project is dead, and thus this page should be deleted.--220.127.116.11 01:30, April 1, 2013 (UTC)
8/23/2015 page allegedly confirms movie
http://www.vcpost.com/articles/86253/20150823/avatar-last-airbender-2-updates-director-m-night-shyamalan-defends-first-film-ready-sequel.htm —Preceding unsigned comment added by Fomxcloud (wall • contribs) 18:36, August 31, 2015 (UTC)
- Having read the article myself, all it really "confirms" is that Shyamalan wants to do a sequel. Article doesn't really say anything concrete about whether the movie is happening, and in fact does mention that it is "uncertain if development for this would push through some time in the future".
- So Shyamalan wants to do it, but right now there's nothing that says it's happening. And even if it is, I, for one, am not interested. DrachenRitter42 (wall • contribs) 19:53, August 31, 2015 (UTC)
Significant changes and removal of speculation
I have been working recently to rewrite this article to remove a lot of the speculative or subjective information that has been included; I have included my edited version of the article in, though I by no means suggest this as the "final" version. To give a brief summary of the changes I have made:
- Removed all suggestions of who would be involved in the movie (the cast, producers etc.). This to me is all entirely subjective and given that the first film was 8 years ago now, we cannot assume the same people will be involved should a sequel be made.
- The aspects of casting I have kept are that Shyamalan wrote a draft (confirmed), that he wanted Toph to be asian (confirmed), that there was suggestions Chloe Grace Moretz should play the role (somewhat confirmed though needs more sources), and Milla Jovovich wanted a role (confirmed).
- Certain statements should be placed into the wider context; what I mean is what was planned for the movie years ago should not be taken as what will happen, and thus should be placed into the context of who made the suggestions or plans and when.
- Removed subjective information or statements that something is unknown.
- Simplified a lot of quotes to focus on the aspects that are relevant.
- Removed the poll, as I don't think this is appropriate for an article.
- Included a section on the upcoming live-action series on Netflix. Though this does not confirm the sequel is cancelled, I think it should be included as part of the wider context, and I tried to keep the wording as objective as possible.