- This article is about the character in The Last Airbender. For other similar uses, see Azula (disambiguation).
|"My sister was always the favorite child. She was a firebending prodigy; my father loves her."|
|— Zuko to an unconscious Aang in The Last Airbender.|
Azula was present during Zuko's Agni Kai with Ozai, laughing in her brother's face soon after he was burned. Some time after Zuko was treated for his wounds sustained in the Agni Kai, Azula visited him in his room, seemingly mocking his quest to find the Avatar, and implying that he would stay banished for long. She continued making fun of him until Zuko finally shouted her to leave. Smiling, she reminded him that the guard would lead him out within an hour.
As Zuko was led out of the palace, she stood alongside General Iroh and General Zhao on the palace walls, watching from a distance. She retained a stoic face all throughout.
Later, Zuko asked an Imperial guard to send a message to her, asking him to meet her at the docks. She dressed herself in robes and went down to meet him, commenting on how terrible he looked. Zuko confided in her that he could not stay within the capital, as he needed to go on the quest to find the Avatar. Unfortunately, he had no means of acquiring a ship, which led him to point out that Azula had always been more favored than him and could ask it from their father. Azula said that she would see what she could do, but that each favor would require a tradeoff from Zuko. The following day Azula sent him a message informing him that she had convinced their father to recommision a ship for his use. This, however, came with the condition that he would be accompanied by their uncle, Iroh.
Azula is shown to be sadistic, notably when she laughed at Zuko's failure during the Agni Kai and enjoyed him being burned by Ozai. She has no qualms about hurting others or capitalizing on their pain, evidenced by her eagerness to take over her brother's failed attempts at capturing Aang.
- Azula does not wear her hair in a topknot, instead having it hang down straight past her face.
- In Zuko's Story, it was revealed that it was Azula who acquired Zuko's ship for him shortly after his banishment.
- Like her animated counterpart, Azula is a firebending prodigy.
- Along with appearing in two scenes during the movie, Azula also appears in a pocket sized portrait of the Fire Nation Royal Family, along with her mother, Ursa.