- This article is about the gang in Republic City run by Jargala Omo. For the crystal, see jennamite. For other gangs, see Bending triads (disambiguation).
|"Do you know how my Triad first got its name? From jennamite-- the creeping crystal. When it comes into contact with organic matter jennamite starts to grow and grow until there is no escape. Tokuga's about to discover why the Creeping Crystals were once the most feared Triad in Republic City."|
|— Jargala Omo to Korra about her triad's history in Turf Wars Part 3.|
The Creeping Crystal Triad is an organized crime unit in Republic City run by Jargala Omo. They are named after the crystal jennamite and have a fierce rivalry with the Triple Threat Triad. Following the events of the invasion of the United Republic of Nations, they lost a majority of their turf to the Triple Threat Triad under Tokuga but teamed up with Korra and the rest of Team Avatar to defeat Tokuga and the Triple Threats.
The Creeping Crystal Triad was one of Republic City's triads. Following the events from the invasion of the United Republic of Nations, they got involved in multiple clashes with Tokuga and the Triple Threat Triad. During one such clash, the triad was all but defeated by Triple Threat Triad, as multiple members had been knocked unconscious and Jargala was immobile due to her chi having been blocked by Tokuga. Tokuga said she should surrender, but Jargala told him he would have to make her. Before he could strike, however, the Republic City Police arrived to break the fight; both triads then retreated, hoping to avoid being arrested.
Days later, Jargala approached Asami Sato at her mobile office. The leader of the Creeping Crystal triad told Asami Sato that she was working on a big project and that it would be a shame if she could not complete it. The mobster offered her "protection services" for a fee. Asami Sato rejected, taking Jargala's words as a threat, in turn threatening the triad leader with her electrified glove. Jargala, to the surprise of the other members of her triad, left and said the businesswoman was not thinking clearly.
The following evening, the triad received a visit from Korra, Mako, and Bolin. Korra attacked multiple members and demanded Jargala reveal where she had hidden Asami Sato. Jargala told the Avatar that Asami was not at the hideout but was welcome to search the premises if she needed to. Upon their unsuccessful search, Jargala taunted the group and told them to leave.
In the coming days, the Creeping Crystals' hideout was attacked once more, this time by the Triple Threat Triad. The Creeping Crystals were easily overpowered by the Triple Threat Triad, who was now armed with stolen Earth Empire weapons. Jargala attempted to put up a fight but was forced to retreat by other members of her triad, leaving their former hideout in ruins.
The triad relocated to a new hideout and began conducting business as usual. Three members of Team Avatar once again broke into the new hideout, this time with information of Tokuga's whereabouts, requesting Jargala's support in facing off against the Triple Threat Triad. The two parties struck a deal, and Jargala led Mako, Korra, and Bolin through tunnels and into an abandoned Earthen Fire Refinery. Once there, the group met up with Asami Sato and worked to fight off Tokuga and the rest of the Triple Threats. Tokuga fled the scene with Asami, and Korra offered Jargala a chance to go with them. Jargala announced she would stay, stating she did not want to leave her turf in the hands of the Triple Threat Triad.
- Jargala claims that the Creeping Crystals were at one point the most feared triad in Republic City.
- The Creeping Crystal Triad is the only known triad whose leader has a last name.
- DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer), Koh, Irene (artist), Piekos, Nate; Blambot (letterer), Campbell, Heather; Ng, Vivian (cover). Turf Wars Part Three (August 1, 2018), Dark Horse Comics.
- DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer), Koh, Irene (artist), Piekos, Nate; Blambot (letterer), Campbell, Heather; Bak, Jane (cover), Ng, Vivian (colorist). Turf Wars Part One (July 26, 2016), Dark Horse Comics.
- DiMartino, Michael Dante (writer), Koh, Irene (artist), Piekos, Nate; Blambot (letterer), Campbell, Heather; Ng, Vivian (cover). Turf Wars Part Two (January 17, 2018), Dark Horse Comics.