- This article is about the Fire Nation admiral. For his teenage son, see Chan.
Chan was the admiral of the Fire Navy's Eastern Fleet. He was infamous among many Fire Nation naval officers for his lousy communication skills. He was the father of Chan and had a vacation home on Ember Island.
After the fall of Ba Sing Se, Chief Hakoda joined forces with Team Avatar and some other Water Tribe warriors. While disguised as a Fire Nation soldier, he ran into a Fire Navy officer, who told him that Chan should have informed him that Hakoda's vessel, secretly carrying Avatar Aang, was sending supplies back home to the Fire Nation. The officer later found out that Chan had been on leave for two months on Ember Island and therefore had no knowledge of the vessel's true intent.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Avatar Extras for "The Awakening" on Nicktoons Network.
- ↑ From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com (link). No longer updated, encyclopedia now broken though archived here.
- ↑ Mattila, Katie (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director). (October 19, 2007). "The Beach". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 5. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Ehasz, Aaron (writer) & Volpe, Giancarlo (director). (September 21, 2007). "The Awakening". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 1. Nickelodeon.