Zuko used a badgerfrog as a practice audence when attempting to prepare an introduction to Team Avatar while at the Western Air Temple. It croaked in response to Zuko's remarks, and though hopped away, remained near his campsite. There were a number of badgerfrogs living all around the air temple, and Zuko used them on at least one occasion as a timer for Avatar Aang to practice his firebending forms.
The badgerfrog is mostly brown with a green underside. It has white markings on the top of its head running down its back and along its limbs and face. Its forefeet have four toes each while its hind feet each have four long, sharp claws. It has yellow-green eyes, with cross-shaped pupils.
At first glance, the badgerfrog seems harmless, but if cornered by a predator, it will defend itself by hopping, clawing, and biting angrily. The badgerfrog seems to enjoy sounds and may stay at a certain spot if it knows it will be hearing speech or conversation.
The badgerfrog is a combination of two real-world animals, namely, the badger and the bull frog.
- The badgerfrog croaks every two minutes.
- Jianzhu regarded Hui as an "usurping little badgerfrog who fancied himself a player of games."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 From older Avatar: The Last Airbender official site, originally on Nick.com. Encyclopedia now broken, archived at The Lost Lore of Avatar Aang - Creature: Badgerfrog.
- ↑ Ehasz, Elizabeth Welch, Hedrick, Tim (writers) & Spaulding, Ethan (director). (July 14, 2008). "The Western Air Temple". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 12. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chan, May (writer) & Dos Santos, Joaquim (director). (July 16, 2008). "The Boiling Rock, Part 1". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 14. Nickelodeon.
- ↑ Avatar Extras for "The Boiling Rock, Part 1" on Nicktoons Network.
- ↑ Yee, F. C. (author), DiMartino, Michael Dante (author). (July 16, 2019). Chapter Twenty-Nine, "The Ambush". The Rise of Kyoshi. Amulet Books.