|Forums: War Room → Upcoming Content Category|
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
An Upcoming releases category will be created.
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
I was thinking that now that there is more announced upcoming content than usual since the series finale Legend of Korra (with the ongoing graphic novel arcs from Aang and Korra, the second anthology book coming in January, the Avatar Kyoshi book series and the live action Netflix show) maybe it would be a good time to create an Upcoming Content category. Among other things, it should make it easier for older fans to find more Avatar media to enjoy that may have gotten nostalgic after the Netflix announcement, which may in turn lead to more awareness in the social media of what's coming next among the fans for the franchise and therefore more sales. And as fans of the franchise, we know all the extra support helps one way or another. What do you guys think? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Avatar Vasher (wall • contribs) 20:35, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
- Don't really see a point to it. Everything is eventually either released or cancelled, so the category becomes a moot point, since it'll always end up empty, and there's no point to an empty category. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 20:44, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think the fact that a category might be empty at some points is a good argument against having it; there are a number of categories such as Needs help or Under construction that might at points be empty, but that doesn't mean they aren't useful to have. I think a category like this would be useful for keeping track of unreleased or upcoming content; I will admit myself that there are some comics and anthologies coming soon that I didn't know about. I also think the name Upcoming content works fine. HAMMEROFTHOR 20:55, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
- I agree with HammerofThor as I was surprised myself by the upcoming comics I don't know about. Regarding Frui's concerns, well there is that but with the Netflix live action show already starting to revitalize the franchise with more upcoming books and comics than usual and more than that, when the show finally premier there will be a lot of articles to do for the announced upcoming (at the time) episodes. So, we will be talking about a lot more than an handful of articles in the not so distant future. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Avatar Vasher (wall • contribs) 21:25, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
I support the creation of this category, per reasons given by Avatar Vasher and HoT. There are actually far more than two upcoming series, there is the Netflix reboot, the Imbalance trilogy, the new Korra trilogy, the Kyoshi novelisation and Team Avatar Tales, just from the top of my head. We get more content than just the two graphic novel series fairly frequently, actually, and we'll be getting even more now with the new series announcement. Perhaps if we had an easier way to categorize all of them it would be more clear how many releases we have, and I think it is important to have these accessible in case anybody is interested in learning more. I do think that instead of "Upcoming Content" perhaps "Upcoming Releases" would be better, content sounds a little vague to me and I like the idea that the release date is coming up soon, but I have nothing against the term Upcoming Content. Fire Ferret 21:40, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
- I can support the creation of such a category. I understand both views mentioned, but I don't think it hurts to have, especially with all the new content coming our way recently (yay!). Tono555 22:44, September 30, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't see the point of this category per Fruipit. Either it's going to be empty or it'll be filled with pages that still hold the category but shouldn't due to a forgotten removal of the category.
- Also, when is something still "upcoming"? Does information we receive from a preview of an episode that's supposed to air the next week "upcoming"? Does that mean all pages relating to info based on said preview need to hold the category? If they do, that will also just create confusion as there will also be info on those pages that is no longer "upcoming". Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 12:59, October 5, 2018 (UTC)