|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Moderators (requests)||Chat moderators (requests)||Standards Council||Community newsletter|
This is the page where formal requests for moderator rights can be filed. Moderator rights enable normal users to remove and restore replies that are not their own on message walls, forum threads, and Discussions posts. It is particularly useful on Avatar Wiki when an admin is unavailable to take action against replies, threads, or posts that contravene the site's or Discussion guidelines. The ability to close threads and Discussion posts is also included. There is no maximum number of moderators, so if you believe you deserve moderator rights, please do not hesitate to make a request.
- Strong and consistent history of contributions, though quality is more important than quantity
- History of comment moderation — removing or reporting inappropriate posts, or both
- No history of serious blocks due to vandalism, sockpuppetry, or posting inappropriate comments
- Add your request under the section "Current Requests" and give a concise explanation (no more than a few lines) as to why you believe you deserve and require moderator rights. You must use the sample format that is shown at the top of the edit window when editing the section "current requests".
- Alternatively, another user may also nominate another eligible user for moderator rights. If this is the case, the applicant only needs to say that he/she accepts the nomination. It is not necessary to elaborate any further, as administrators will check user contributions regardless of what is written.
- Note that being nominated by another user bears no advantage over normal requests you make yourself.
- Any comments on the request from others may be posted as per any standard discussion.
- One of the active administrators will consider your request. Don't be too disappointed if your request is declined. Remember, you can always try again later.
Aang on a sec
I, Aang on a sec, request to be a moderator. I feel that I am suitable to act as a moderator and focus on the Discussions side of the wiki. I believe that although I have not been on the wiki for long, I would be a good choice for a moderator because I am extremely active on both sides of the wiki and I aim to read up on all the dos and don’ts when it comes to threads and discussions in the near future. I am willing to help in whatever way I can, and will happily take advice and criticism from anyone who wants to give it. I also love the discussions that take place on this wiki and participate in them a lot already, and my activity will also not be decreasing after the end of the Coronavirus pandemic. Thank you for reading, good luck to everyone, and I hope we can make this wiki a better place by working together in the future. Aang on a sec 09:03, April 23, 2020 (UTC)
- Not done While there is certainly no doubt as to your history of strong contributions to the forums and discussions, I do not see any past instances of comment moderation from you or cases where you have shown a need for moderator rights. These rights are not given out as just a reflection of activity or participation in the forums or discussions, but to enable users that help to moderate these areas already to do so more easily. I commend your desire to learn more about the guidelines and policies we have on the wiki, and not having these rights doesn't stop you from helping to ensure our policies are followed. With more instances of comment moderation, I would certainly feel happy in giving you these rights in the future. HAMMEROFTHØR (wall) • 16:51, April 23, 2020 (UTC)
Well em, hello I am Blais, and first of all i hope I'm using this as it should be used. As introduction I wanna be honest, I honestly was mad since my Good companions Aang on a Sec and EchoEmpire got this rigths, and well specially seeing that Echo was personally messaged. But well I would like to apologize for having such reaction, but I wanted to be honest to everyone at first. I thougth about it, meditated, call it whatever it is, and listened to Lostris, and well acting as a "hey Imma be mad at you because of this reason" would be childish, and well, I'm mature enough to correct that... Moving on the request:
I'm really open minded, listen to everyone's opinion and offently active on the discussions forum. I don't think another discussion moderator is needed after Aang on a sec and EchoEmpire got such rigths, and I'm sure they will do good with them. I'm just applying to grant you the fast way of giving me when necessary the discussion moderator rigths, if you think three active moderators rigth now are much, I'll gladly accept a no as an answer.
Continuing on why I think I could do good and help being a moderator... well first of I know what you dear administrators look for to grant such rigths. As the Word says… moderation. I'm pretty calm and always look for the rigth and easy answer, also know you want to put taggs from the characters mentioned on the posts created by users, and I can be easily found on discord. And specially, I hope that with my addition I could help on the discussions, and you guys wouldn't have to put many eyes to see if everything it's perfect there, unless you want to hop into a discussion =). Sorry for any posible tipos and thanks for reading
When I say you guys I'm refering to the admins, sorry for the overuse of that lol
- Done Just keep in mind that user rights are not a mark of prestige, but a way for trusted users to help the wiki. It is not because someone has been given rights that they are in any way better, and having rights is not needed to help and contribute to the wiki. HAMMEROFTHØR (wall) • 17:51, April 30, 2020 (UTC)