|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Moderators (requests)||Chat moderators (requests)||Standards Council||Community newsletter|
This is the page where formal requests for moderator rights can be filed. Moderator rights enable normal users to remove and restore replies that are not their own on message walls and forum threads. It is particularly useful on Avatar Wiki when an admin is unavailable to take action against replies or threads that contravene the site's. The ability to close and highlight threads is also included. There is no maximum number of moderators, so if you believe you deserve moderator rights, please do not hesitate to make a request.
- Strong and consistent history of contributions, though quality is more important than quantity
- History of comment moderation — removing or reporting inappropriate posts, or both
- No history of serious blocks due to vandalism, sockpuppetry, or posting inappropriate comments
- Add your request under the section "Current Requests" and give a concise explanation (no more than a few lines) as to why you believe you deserve and require moderator rights. You must use the sample format that is shown at the top of the edit window when editing the section "current requests".
- Alternatively, another user may also nominate another eligible user for moderator rights. If this is the case, the applicant only needs to say that he/she accepts the nomination. It is not necessary to elaborate any further, as administrators will check user contributions regardless of what is written.
- Note that being nominated by another user bears no advantage over normal requests you make yourself.
- Any comments on the request from others may be posted as per any standard talk page discussion.
- One of the active administrators will consider your request. Don't be too disappointed if your request is declined. Remember, you can always try again later.
I, TechFilmer, am requesting moderator rights to enable me to deal with the spam coming from the piracy spammers.If you check my logs you will see that I have deleted many posts they are making and having a user on the east coast to deal with more of them will be very helpful to the wiki. I know I don't really contribute much to the boards but I think my antivandalism history will compensate for that. – Srijay K • TechFilmer 02:30, February 4, 2018 (UTC)
- Not done The moderator rights are more for actually socially moderating the boards. It very admirable and appreciated that you want to delete those piracy posts, though just doing that doesn't strike me as sufficient reason to grant you these rights. Additionally, the creators of those posts should also be reported to the VSTF to be globally dealt with (and that team also has a world-wide representation). Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 14:54, February 18, 2018 (UTC)
I, Tono555, would like to re-request moderator rights here in order to help moderate forums. I admit there have been times where I've reported comments that were possibly less serious and didn't need any action, but most of these occurred when I was a new user and didn't have much experience in this area. I don't usually go into forums asking people to get back on-topic or asking them to do something, as I don't feel I have any authority in the forums yet. However, I have, through my more than four years here given out warnings for comments, such as this one and this one, the latter dating back to 2014. I have reported a few instances on the admin noticeboard before, and I think I've shown responsibility as a user during my years of being a rollback user. Tono555(VSTF) 13:53, September 26, 2018 (UTC)
- Done Though I'd like to point out that having these rights doesn't really make you the "authority". Everyone may always ask anyone to uphold the rules of our discussion boards, regardless of their rights on this wiki. These rights solely give you the ability to actually do something about the situation when repeated requests fail to sink in and change the undesirable behavior, but it is and should always be everyone's responsibility to uphold our rules. Lady Lostris vstf (talk • HotN) 11:32, September 27, 2018 (UTC)
I,, am requesting moderator rights on Avatar Wiki. I've got a clean record as far as I know; I would at very least like to believe that I've shown good judgment in alerting the admins to inappropriate behavior on the forums; and I promise to show discretion in using these rights. 10:07, February 20, 2019 (PST)