|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Moderators (requests)||Chat moderators (requests)||Standards Council||Community newsletter|
This is the page where formal nominations for adminship are recorded and archived. An explanation of what administrator or "sysop" rights are can be found at the administrator project page.
There are no concrete requirements for a user to be an administrator. However, administrators will usually:
- Be a capable and constructive contributor to the wiki
- Be mature and trusted by the community
- Adhere to common principles relating to adminship
- Users must have rollback rights to be nominated for adminship
- Users must have made 50 edits to non-social namespaces in a regular fashion for the preceding month to be able to vote or nominate. Social namespaces include comments, walls and the user space.
Stage 1: Nominating
- When this page is opened, users may be nominated by others. Statements must be fewer than 100 words.
- If the nominee accepts a nomination, community members may ask the nominee any questions they may have. The nominee may choose not to answer.
- At the end of one week, nominations are closed, questions are closed and voting is opened.
Stage 2: Voting
- When voting begins, community members may do the following:
- Place one "support" vote under the nominee of their choice.
- Place one "oppose" and/or "neutral" vote under as many nominees as the user feels strongly about.
- Attach reasoning to your position. Every vote must be logical, reasonable, and in line with the stated requirements for adminship. It is the responsibility of the voter to ensure compliance. Unless they are later clarified in an acceptable way, non-complying votes may be discarded without notice.
- Individual votes may then be critiqued or discussed at any time in a civil and reasonable manner.
- At the end of two weeks, voting is closed. Voting is also closed if there are no votes for three days.
Stage 3: Resolving
- The nominee with the most complying votes is considered first.
- If the nominee has a rate of support of 80% or above, the rights are granted.
- If the nominee has a rate of support between 70% and 80%, bureaucratic discretion is to be used in determining whether rights are granted. Arguments from the votes provided and the responses of the nominee to questions will be considered.
- If the nominee has a rate of support of 70% or below, the rights are not granted.
- If the nominee with the most complying votes is not granted the rights, then the nominee with the next most complying votes is considered. The same process of percentages and bureaucratic discretion detailed above is used until a nominee with a suitably high rate of support is found.
- This means that if no-one has a rate of support above 70%, the nominee with the highest rate of support is granted the rights.
- When deciding which nominee has the most complying votes, any draws are resolved by considering the candidate with the most support from current administrators first. If there is a draw in administrator votes, bureaucratic discretion will be used to determine which nominee will be considered first.
|This discussion is closed. The result of this discussion was:|
will now become Avatar Wiki's 22nd administrator.
|Please do not edit this discussion.|
- I'm very sorry AvatarKatar, but according to our guidelines, you aren't eligible to nominate. Before you can nominate, you must have at least fifty edits made within the previous month in non-social namespaces. KettleMeetPot • wall 05:45, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Even so, I would respectfully decline any nominations at this time. I am too busy with my projects right now. All the best to the nominees! :-) — Hasdi Bravo • 19:54, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
I,, nominate for adminship on Avatar Wiki. Throughout my time here, I have seen nothing but substantial and helpful contributions to the wiki, especially to the fanon portal. If it wasn't for gold usernames, I would have thought she was an admin already! I think she would be a wonderful administrator on Avatar Wiki. 02:43, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you very much, Lumoshi :) I'm honoured to accept this nomination. Frui (🌹 • 🐝 • 🐝🐝) 09:58, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- What do you think the most important responsibility of being an administrator is? -- Suzon99 (talk • contribs) 19:37, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I think it's important for an admin to be helpful and open. They are just regular users that have a few more tools with which to help the wiki, however new users don't always realise that. The admins need to be approachable and friendly while maintaining the pages because if they are helpful and willing to talk to the users, those users more encouraged to stay and contribute. It encourages them to get better, too. In short, the most important responsibility of an admin is to use the tools help both the users and the wiki. Frui (🌹 • 🐝 • 🐝🐝) 02:20, July 5, 2014 (UTC)
- The Fanon portal has sadly really declined lately, especially with ARG now being inactive, Minnichi and OR now resigned from the WLS and not much activity is really going on. Being a Fanon lover yourself, how will being an admin allow you to help improve the Fanon portal on the wiki? Snivystorm (wall • contribs) 17:59, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't actually think being an admin will help improve the activity of the portal, however there are smaller instances in which the additional tools could help—being able to edit blog posts, for instance, in order to update the monthly contest. However, that being said, much of the editing for the fanon portal doesn't require administrative tools, and it's never been an issue in the past to ask a current admin to do the radical edits that do require the use of those tools. Frui (🌹 • 🐝 • 🐝🐝) 18:08, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
- Support — As I nominated, I support.
- Support — Fruipit is dedicated to the wiki and is constantly on, making edits and from what I've seen is quick to respond and is polite as well, being a dedicated rollback user already, how could I not vote to promote her to Administrative status? I support. Snivystorm (wall • contribs) 07:07, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support — Fruipit has been a hardworking and committed user this wiki who is always trying to keep pages up to date with grammar, spelling, and punctuation. She's also very kind and helpful if someone needs it. ATLALOK (wall contribs) 09:39, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support — Fruipit is a highly experienced, helpful and dedicated user. She is an active contributor to many aspects of the wiki and a genuinely friendly user who can make a new member feel just as comfortable and part of the community as a veteran member, something that is important in keeping this a positive and cohesive environment. The Ultimate Waterbender 02:10, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Support — This was a tough call for me to make, but in the end, what set Fruipit over for me was the fact that she is all around the wiki. She's been a leader on both main and fanon spaces alike, knowing all the ins and outs on both portals of this place. Plus, per the others, she has demonstrated nothing but openness to all new users, helping them get steadied with everything they needed to be aware of. PSUAvatar14 Want to have a word? 21:14, July 20, 2014 (UTC)
I, -- , nominate for adminship on Avatar Wiki. HoT's dedication to the wiki in times of inactivity, great work ethic, and approachability make him a great candidate to become an admin. HammerOfThor has a consistency on the wiki, a consistency of great edits, and great behavior. He knows his way around the wiki, and knows the policies like the back of his hand. For this, I say, there is no candidate more worthy of this tool than HammerOfThor.Suzon99 (talk • contribs) 02:54, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I know Lostris said I didn't need to re-accept, but I thought I would write this anyway just to thank KFB for the kind words. HAMMEROFTHOR 14:28, July 5, 2014 (UTC)
- What do you think the most important responsibility of being an administrator is? -- Suzon99 (talk • contribs) 19:33, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- The most important responsibility of an administrator is to use the tools and privileges they have been entrusted with by the community to maintain and indeed improve the quality of the wiki in a manner consistent with the trust that they have been given. It is an oft repeated comparison, but the role of an administrator is ultimately akin to that of a janitor, cleaning up what needs to be cleaned and maintaining what needs to be maintained. HAMMEROFTHOR 22:27, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey, Mjouldner. I remember when you just joined the server. Ah memories. Now to get to the point. What is your thoughts on the current state of the fanon part of the wiki. Over the last year it has shown some decline. What is your thoughts on how we can better improve the activity? Thanks as always -- The Kid 100% (wall • contribs) 20:45 July 5th 2014
- I wouldn't say there is much that being an administrator would help with in regards to improving activity on the fanon side of the wiki. Every part of the wiki has its ups and downs in terms of activity; we saw this year activity on the main part of the wiki falling, only to pick up again as the new season began. So, I would say that it is much more as an editor that one can help keep parts of the wiki active; by keeping active even as general activity falls and ensuring that pages on the wiki (whether they be character articles, episode pages, or fanon chapters) are at a high quality that will encourage readers into staying and exploring the rest of the wiki. Ultimately, this is something I would endeavour to do with or without additional administrative tools. HAMMEROFTHOR 07:37, July 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Support — Per PSU's nomination reasons, I believe HammerOfThor has the qualifications to make a very good administrator. --AvatarTylerftw (talk to me) 17:59, July 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Support — Absolutely. Thor's work ethic and logic are outstanding, and he knows the site policy as good as anyone. GPFluteAvatar 00:04, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
Support — Consistent editor, hard worker, and a dependent user.03:17, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Support — I feel HoT has the capabilities to be a good admin and serve this wiki well. Intelligence4 (wall • contribs) 16:13, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Neutral — It really was a close call for me between these two candidates as I know just how dedicated HoT is to this wiki but I personally feel that HoT isn't ready yet whereas I feel Fruipit is, but I certainly feel certain that - when the next chance arises - HoT will be ready and will certainly get my vote. Snivystorm (wall • contribs) 07:11, July 16, 2014 (UTC)
I, -- , nominate for adminship on Avatar Wiki. Ziryerx is a great editor, who also happens to have the dedication required to serve the wiki with this tool. Ziryerx is a friendly person, and has a great grasp on the sites policies. Therefore, I think it would only be fair to nominate him for adminship.Suzon99 (talk • contribs) 03:11, July 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Though I am deeply honored to receive this nomination, I unfortunately feel the need to decline. As may have been noticed, my activity on the wiki has significantly decreased recently due to outside personal reasons to which I must attend. As much as I would love to be given the fantastic opportunity to potentially becoming an administrator on the wiki, I feel the position would be better filled by one of the previously nominated users who I know for certain would be able to carry out the responsibilities in a fashion that would provide what is best for the wiki overall. Thank you very much for the nomination Suzon, and I apologize that I do not find myself up to the task. Ziryerx (wall • contribs) 06:29, July 5, 2014 (UTC)