|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Moderators (requests)||Chat moderators (requests)||Standards Council||Community newsletter||User groups|
See a list of users with moderator rights here.
Moderators are members of the community who have a few additional abilities to help administrators maintain the wiki. They are able to remove and restore replies that are not their own on message walls, forum threads, and Discussions under the conditions established by our discussion policy and Discussions guidelines. They also have the ability to close threads and Discussions posts.
In addition to following all relevant behavioral policies, moderators must not:
- Consider comments from different users to have different status. The contributions of administrators should be checked as vigorously as those of new users.
- Use their abilities to censor or otherwise unfairly inhibit reasonable discussion.
- Misapply or selectively apply behavioral policies in their moderating role.
These guidelines apply equally to administrators.
If it is believed that privileges are being abused by a moderator, the following process should be applied.
- Communication with the moderator must be attempted. Leave a polite message for the contributor instructing them that their conduct may be harming community cohesion. If multiple attempts fail to have an impact, the user should be advised that removal of their rights may be an option.
- If further attempts at communication and rectification of conduct continue to fail, removal of moderator rights will be considered by an active administrator. If a decision to remove moderator rights is taken, detailed reasoning must be provided on the wall of the affected user in order to satisfy a standard of accountability. One or more of the following must be shown:
- Sustained, deliberate misuse of the privileges given to moderators
- Sustained failure to follow behavioral policies in their entirety
- Sustained failure to follow the conduct guidelines outlined further above
A summary removal of moderator rights does not preclude a user from reapplying for those rights later.
Moderators should remain active to assist the wiki, having been entrusted with additional user rights by its community.
- An active status is defined as:
- Maintaining a substantial presence on the forum thread or Discussions, defined as patrolling new messages to check if they adhere to the aforementioned rules, have all relevant tags applied, and are attributed to the correct category.
- Check the reported Discussions and handle the report in line with Avatar Wiki guidelines, policy, and conduct.
- A steady flow of such contributions on most days each month.
- Reasonable speed in replying to direct messages to them.
- If the moderator is not active under the definition above for a period of one year, removal of user rights will be considered by an active administrator.
Becoming a moderator
- Main article: Requests for moderator rights
On Avatar Wiki, users with a strong history of comment moderation may be granted moderator rights by requesting it at requests for moderator rights. There is no limit to the number of moderators, so if you are interested in becoming a moderator, please do not hesitate to make a request.
| ||This user is a discussion moderator on Avatar Wiki.|