|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Moderators (requests)||Chat moderators (requests)||Standards Council||Community newsletter|
|Fanon portal monitor. Active across all dimensions of fanon on the wiki and writes her own fan fiction. Contact for general issues relating to the fanon portal and its projects.||Active|
|Content obsessive. Can often be found improving content flow and quality. Also runs the wiki's discord server. Contact if you are interested in expanding and improving articles.||Active|
|Is everywhere. A mysterious entity that has appeared all over our page histories. Also edits our newsletter while running a bot. Contact if you are interested in maintenance.||Active|
|Voracious editor. Seen everywhere and anywhere to do with our articles. Pays vigorous attention to detail. Runs a bot. Contact for general issues regarding content and its accuracy.||Active|
|Image guru. Has designed most of our themes. Maintains images, enforces our image policies, and keeps a bot handy. Contact for image or graphical inquiries.||Active|
- (July 22, 2008 – June 7, 2009)
- (March 13, 2012 – July 2, 2014)
- (April 24, 2011 – November 2, 2012)
- (February 14, 2009 – April 16, 2011)
- (July 21, 2008 – June 7, 2009)
- (March 8, 2007 – June 7, 2009)
- (founder; July 15, 2005 – June 7, 2009)
- (February 14, 2009 – June 30, 2011)
- (July 1, 2008 – April 2, 2011)
- (September 28, 2012 – July 6, 2015)
- (July 29, 2008 – July 18, 2009)
- (June 23, 2009 – February 5, 2020)
- (July 3, 2011 – June 12, 2012)
- (July 1, 2012 - January 2, 2014)
- (January 29, 2011 – September 8, 2012)
- (August 2, 2005 – June 7, 2009)
- (January 16, 2014 – February 10, 2020)
- (July 2, 2008 – June 7, 2009)
Administrators are experienced and trusted members of the Avatar Wiki community who have access to restricted technical features ("tools") which help with maintenance. They are also useful as moderators in community discussion and interaction.
Those seeking help can turn to an administrator for advice and information. However, administrators are not a smaller, "more powerful" subset of users, and content and policy decisions are the responsibility of the entire community.
- Delete pages, page histories, files etc.
- Rename files (these are mainly images and videos).
- Lock (protect) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without administrator rights.
- Block an IP address or user name from editing.
- Revert bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace to make changes to the interface.
As part of adminship, administrators are expected to use their abilities where it is considered necessary. Administrators should also watch the administrator noticeboard whenever they can.
Administrators have been entrusted with the means to maintain the overall quality of the site. With this in mind:
- Administrators have no right to authority over the content and policies of the wiki. The administrators' authority is as large as the community would like it to be.
- Administrators are, however, responsible for addressing disruption on the wiki by other users, including breaches of civility.
- Administrators do not own the site. They cannot shut out the opinions of others.
- Abuse of administrator privileges may result in the removal of user rights after community discussion.
Administrators should remain active to assist the wiki, having been entrusted with additional user rights by its community.
- An active status is defined as:
- Continuing substantial contributions, defined as edits that do not include modifying user space pages, or correcting spelling/grammar/formatting.
- A steady flow of such contributions, defined as editing on most days each month.
- Reasonable speed in replying to user talk messages, defined as replying before the poster of the user talk message is forced to make an alternative consultation.
- Administrators should alert the community to a leave of absence by adding the inactivity template to their user page. The administrator should also mark themselves as inactive on the list of administrators. Leaves of absence may be for any length up to two months.
- If the administrator continues to be inactive for a prolonged period of time, removal of user rights will be considered by an active bureaucrat based on the non-fulfillment of the activity guidelines further above. Consideration will begin from when any leaves of absence were meant to finish. Where removal may be contentious, an active bureaucrat should also consult other community members.
Becoming an administrator
- Main article: Nominations for adminship
The number of administrators will be limited to five. However, when a position is open, rollback users who have distinguished themselves over a period of time may be nominated for administratorship.
|This user is an administrator of Avatar Wiki.|